Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Also Obvious that PV would have said he wanted to choose his own transfers and that was never going to happen. Ashley will never change and you must be a f*ckwit to believe he would.

Exactly. As long as Ashley's here all we'll ever have managing the 1st team is a "yes man" who won't really be up to the job. Vieira was never going to allow other people to tell him who his backroom staff are, which players he'll be signing and having his best players sold from underneath him. McClaren is out of work and has just finished 8th in the Championship so his stock isn't exactly high and he'll be grateful to get back into football at PL level so will just do as he's told, same as Pardew, same as Carver. In short, nothing's changed and those who believed what Ashley said in his interview should feel silly.

Probably didn't even ask for "full control". It was more likely something simple, like his own backroom team, or aiming up the league.

"Nope, not negotiable. Sign on under our terms or fuck off."

I'm getting to the point of accepting nothing will happen till the end of June and even then it will be some kind of bungle.

http://i.cubeupload.com/RSjTzs.jpg

I would take bungle over Carver...and McClaren.

:lol: I can't understand the surprise and disappointment.

:lol: People are dying to feel something, is all.

Aye. What was needed was an appointment to bring fans together. A few shite results and the McClaren oot bandwagon will start rolling.

I'll never expect Mike to change, my only hope was that he accidentally hired someone who isn't the personification of boring, or he hired someone so hilariously incompetent that the fans would tell him to fuck off.

Steve is the perfect middle ground though, the absolute worse case scenario. We'll finish 9th and people will be smugly telling me to fucking cheer up.

I'll never expect Mike to change, my only hope was that he accidentally hired someone who isn't the personification of boring, or he hired someone so hilariously incompetent that the fans would tell him to f*** off.

Steve is the perfect middle ground though, the absolute worse case scenario. We'll finish 9th and people will be smugly telling me to f***ing cheer up.

9th is right about where NUFC belong innit? :yao:

Even after everything I was stupidly at the back of my mind considering going back to games if someone like Vieira or Garde was appointed and some decent money was spent.

Feel like slapping myself for even thinking along those lines, Ashley will never, ever change, and we'll go nowhere under his stewardship, it's an utter waste of time.

It was nice to actually have a slight glimmer of hope for a few days but that's over now and I won't be so stupid again, ASHLEY OUT.

:lol: I can't understand the surprise and disappointment.

Who is surprised? As for being disappointed, once again, I can see why people would feel that way like.

Aye, but to be disappointed surely you have had to have thought there was some kind of chance he was coming. Which was never ever going to be the case. I very much doubt he was even an actual 'consideration'.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I just think that if we really want to fight Ashley to get him out we've got to stop jumping on things like this in the first place, even if it leads to us being angry at him for it "not coming off". The club lies, the club releases untruths and the club misleads. We all know this. I'd rather have been shocked that he was appointed after weeks of dismissing it out of hand, than letting that fat cunt have an effect on my hopes.

Guest firetotheworks

People being genuinely gutted at not getting a manager with absolutely no managerial experience at this level says it all. And no, it's nothing to do with having someone 'better than Carver'...

The only reason I'm disappointed is because it would have been an unmitigated disaster and it may have nudged Ashley slightly closer to the door.

People being genuinely gutted at not getting a manager with absolutely no managerial experience at this level says it all. And no, it's nothing to do with having someone 'better than Carver'...

The only reason I'm disappointed is because it would have been an unmitigated disaster and it may have nudged Ashley slightly closer to the door.

To be honest I think you could be right, however for me its not just about the man himself its about what this rejection, if it is a rejection probably represents.

I reckon hes had talks and been told that he has to work with the same inept back room team and that he has extremely limited say in transfers, which means absolutely nothing has changed and any other manager worth their salts won't touch us with a barge pole.

Nothing will ever change, there is no hope, and I can't see how anyone can say otherwise.

:lol:

:lol:

I'll never expect Mike to change, my only hope was that he accidentally hired someone who isn't the personification of boring, or he hired someone so hilariously incompetent that the fans would tell him to f*** off.

Steve is the perfect middle ground though, the absolute worse case scenario. We'll finish 9th and people will be smugly telling me to f***ing cheer up.

Unless we actually buy some really good players (and are we really going to spend that much?), there is no chance we will finish top half.  The only team I can see dropping out of the top 10 at the moment is Palace and then you have Everton and West Ham who would also expect to be top half.

The club's inadvertent campaign to continually diminish the club and its status continues afoot.

Unless we actually buy some really good players (and are we really going to spend that much?), there is no chance we will finish top half.  The only team I can see dropping out of the top 10 at the moment is Palace and then you have Everton and West Ham who would also expect to be top half.

The club's inadvertent campaign to continually diminish the club and its status continues afoot.

Judging by finances we should be the best of the rest (below the top 6).  We have the highest income and the highest wage bill.  We do have some overpaid players in our squad judging by that.