Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

What if Vieira was their first choice from the beginning. Obviously he can not manage in January as he didn't have the coaching badges. They tried to find out if they get special approval. (Charney was saying in the next week we will know for sure if we get our guy or not in January) it was not to be and they gamble with JC. As soon as the he got the badges last week the talk and hopefully the appointment this week will be proceed.

Say no to drugs kids.

I think we all know there is no plan and it will just be Steve

What if Vieira was their first choice from the beginning. Obviously he can not manage in January as he didn't have the coaching badges. They tried to find out if they get special approval. (Charney was saying in the next week we will know for sure if we get our guy or not in January) it was not to be and they gamble with JC. As soon as the he got the badges last week the talk and hopefully the appointment this week will be proceed.

Wishful thinking that.

Putting us aside for a moment, I think it'd be a big mistake for him to take that role at Fenerbache. Going to Turkey, generally, isn't particularly good for your career unless you're at the end of it.

Aye, just ask Frank Ribery

Guest Roger Kint

His twitter account (@OfficialVieira) have been silent for a week... He might of course just relax with his family  :laugh:

That and the well documented course he has been on in Wales......

Guest antz1uk

he's not, nor ever has been a contender. it was carver, he ended up being completely useless so it's gonna be McClaren

You don't actually need to have the coaching badges to manage in the PL, they will accept the fact that you are working towards them.

You don't actually need to have the coaching badges to manage in the PL, they will accept the fact that you are working towards them.

Thanks for killing some of my optimism. Are you going to be jealous if we end up with PV.

few days ago i didn't know he was becoming a manager....now i want him badly!

Mostly because IF he comes it means he will change the whole set up for the better!

He will (rightly so) not accept to be a bitcch like Carver and Pardew!

Thanks for killing some of my optimism. Are you going to be jealous if we end up with PV.

No, not really. I think it'd be an appointment based entirely on his playing career, which is something I don't understand when PL sides do it.

Mind you, I actually only scanned your post and thought you were talking about Vieira not having coaching badges ;)

Alongside advertising, I'd imagine Skybet to be Sky's biggest revenue stream. There's just no way they're able to pay such obscene amounts of money for the PL rights from subscriptions. It's clear as day that they would do anything to get people popping over to Skybet once they've heard any bit of news.

UK subscriptions alone bring in somewhere between £5-6 billion per year, Skybet is a pretty small piece of their business at around £120m per year.

No, not really. I think it'd be an appointment based entirely on his playing career, which is something I don't understand when PL sides do it.

Mind you, I actually only scanned your post and thought you were talking about Vieira not having coaching badges ;)

Why would it have to be based entirely on his playing career?  Its not like he's just finished playing or has been just a pundit since he did.  He's been working at Many City in various roles including as a manager for the last few years.  Fair enough its just the youth side but he does have some experience and what people say about him as a coach is very positive.  It wouldn't hurt that he was a massive name as a player of course, but it wouldn't be the only reason to give him a chance.

Looking at twitter, Vieira's at Heathrow travelling to Newcastle, Gatwick travelling to Turkey, and Newcastle all at the same time!  :lol:

Not sure why he'd go to Heathrow from Manchester just so he can fly to Newcastle like.  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Looking at twitter, Vieira's at Heathrow travelling to Newcastle, Gatwick travelling to Turkey, and Newcastle all at the same time!  :lol:

Not sure why he'd go to Heathrow from Manchester just so he can fly to Newcastle like.  :lol:

:lol: He was in Wales wasnt he or did that finish yesterday? Not that any part of his journey will be to here mind

Guest Roger Kint

Nufc.com claim talks taking place today.

That was yesterday man :lol:

Thought yesterday said in the coming days ?

Saturday nights had ' next 48 hours', was amended to 'Today' yesterday morning about 8am iirc