Charlie Austin

HawK

Also don't believe anyone will pay £15m for Austin.  QPR are desperate for cash, need to reduce their wage bill and know that in January they'll be lucky to get £3-4m for him given that his deal ends in July next year.  Clubs will have that in mind.

Your probably right mate. It was more a reflection of our terrible transfer policy though tbf. Selling a decent player for what you paid for him less than a year after he signed can hardly be a described a success.

Also don't believe anyone will pay £15m for Austin.  QPR are desperate for cash, need to reduce their wage bill and know that in January they'll be lucky to get £3-4m for him given that his deal ends in July next year.  Clubs will have that in mind.

Not a bad point but demand always drives the price up. He's probably the most in demand striker in the prem atm. . . .

This Austin thing is a nuisance. QPR will drag this on till the end of August to try and get as many people involved as possible.

Can we really afford to do that? If we can get someone like Dost in by the week's end, would it not be in our best interest to do so?

We have to have people in on time, can't mess about this summer with that nonsense.

Yeah there's always a chance like as clubs get desperate.  Would be a transfer deadline day thing IMO if he did go for £15m, QPR will probably shit their pants way before then and sell for £10m or so.

QPR have just been relegated, and Austin is going into the final year of his contract.

The fact they are asking £15 million is just outrageous IMO. Be interesting to see if anyone pays that, considering he's had just one season in the top flight.

I doubt it. Might get £10m for him, otherwise clubs will just wait until next season. QPR can't afford to lose him for nothing next year. Not that fussed if we lose out either. He'd be a useful addition but he's looks basically like Fletcher from Sunderland when he was in form. Knows where the goal is, but doesn't look that special either.

Quite a lot of opinion there having said you've not seen much of the player on the first page.

I watched a youtube videos and from that I could see he is quite big and seems to score a lot of close range goals so he looks like a natural poacher. I didn't see much else though, perhaps he's got pace despite what it looked like, and maybe his all round game is much better than you can see on those videos. I agree I don't have much to go on there, but based on that, I don't think he's worth punting £15m on when he's got a year left on his contract.

Guest Gino14

That if done right could be a selling point for us.  He'd be a definite guaranteed starter here.  I doubt that trumps money and ambition though and we'll fail on both those counts.

All the talk was that he was nailed on to sign for us, I don't see why that's changed yet.

I imagine the lack of action is due to his England duties. Knowing our luck he will go on holiday before there is a resolution.

Of course there is the chance a more attractive club will swoop, since we are about as attractive as John Carvers face.

All the talk was that he was nailed on to sign for us, I don't see why that's changed yet.

I imagine the lack of action is due to his England duties. Knowing our luck he will go on holiday before there is a resolution.

Of course there is the chance a more attractive club will swoop, since we are about as attractive as John Carvers face.

Think he might have already went on holiday if his twitter is up to date. But yeah, if it's any time it's this week.

I think it's a nice sign that his missus retweeted Shearers tweet about him moving to the toon. Can't be bad like.

Edit: my bad, think it was his sister. Still pretty decent sign.

I think it's a nice sign that his missus retweeted Shearers tweet about him moving to the toon. Can't be bad like.

Edit: my bad, think it was his sister. Still pretty decent sign.

Would rather not have someone into incest on the team but fair enough