Charlie Austin

HawK

London paper says player wants to stay in London so they can link him to London clubs to get people in London to buy the paper shocker.

It is free...

Oh man Stifler. Come on!  :lol:

Fucking angers me all this shit with players wanting to live in London. Have a career playing the game you love and you can comfortably retire at 35 living wherever the hell you like.

I'm not convinced by Austin but I am not bothered about the £15m fee, its pretty much the going rate these days, when £40m-£50m is being mentioned for Kane and Sterling £15m seems reasonable, more reasonable a gamble than £10m on a Championship player. Austin has done what Deeney has done in the Championship and has had a good season in the Premiership with a shit team, on paper even shitter than us. Why oh why did I let myself get optimistic. It is early doors yet but I've been one of the ones in the past who has banged on about its only mid June blah blah blah, its only 3 weeks since the end of the season blah blah blah, maybe if I am as negative as I have ever been about the club good stuff will happen :)

A lot of our plans at the moment is think low and we will not be disappointed but I got the feeling that thinking low will still bring us despair. Awful set of affairs, I don't care if I am overreacting we've been here too many times before. I really want McClaren to do well, he seems an ok bloke and a good coach but he's got so many barriers to overcome. :)

QPR trying to get maximum value, bearing in mind he apparently only has 1 year left on his contract. I can't see any side being too keen on spending over the odds to get him now, when you could quite reasonably get him in January for £3-4 million?

Could potentially backfire on them if they don't do a deal with someone this summer, and I think £15m is too much tbh.

Nobody knows jack shit, but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence from 8 years of Ashley ownership to suggest we are in for another shocker of a transfer window. From where I am sitting they have given a clear "statement of intent" by appointing McClaren.