Charlie Austin

HawK

If he wants to come & we are there or there abouts with the fee he will come.

I`ve heard nothing on him expressing an interest to come tbf so he may well have tackled his agent on getting a move to club that just happens to NOT be us.

I don't rate him as any more than a decent pro who`s had an above par return in one season.

Fackim

Guest antz1uk

Simon Bird hasn't answered one question regarding his 'done deal' article also. Blatant lies from him.

he's more than likely been done up like a kipper by his new mate Charnley. I can't imagine a situation where Mike Ashley has wanted to do a favour (albeit paid for) for Simon bird when he turned up at the SD AGM to fire questions about us at him

Simon Bird hasn't answered one question regarding his 'done deal' article also. Blatant lies from him.

he's more than likely been done up like a kipper by his new mate Charnley. I can't imagine a situation where Mike Ashley has wanted to do a favour (albeit paid for) for Simon bird when he turned up at the SD AGM to fire questions about us at him

I thought he made it clear on his twitter account he was not interested in coming to the toon.

Guest thenorthumbrian

This really is the first test of the new set up at Newcastle, whatever anyone thinks of McClaren he is the clubs choice and if he wants Austin as his main striker then the club must back him.

We'll never pay the money.

This. They would rather look abroad, probably France, and buy 3 or 4 untried players for what they'd need to pay for Austin because in their weird logic they'll think they're getting more for their money.

We'll never pay the money.

This. They would rather look abroad, probably France, and buy 3 or 4 untried players for what they'd need to pay for Austin because in their weird logic they'll think they're getting more for their money.

Ashley's mantra is bulk discount. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that he struggles to detach himself from the business model.

I thought he made it clear on his twitter account he was not interested in coming to the toon.

No he didn't.

You watch every other cunts nose start twitching if we start circling Berahino. I swear down at times we are like the kid at nursery who picks up a toy and then has to fight the other little bastards who all of a sudden want it.

That would credit us with too much nous IMO, if we offer below the odds for sought-after names we will always be likely to miss out.

Yeah, this is it really. To continue the original analogy, it's only becase we're too fucking stubborn to take the toy into the corner and away from everyone else.

We don't even pick the toy up. We monitor it from ten metres, and once some other kid has picked it up, settle for a rusty nail.

Not willing to pay 15 for Austin but are asking for 10 for Cisse. It stinks of the usual sell to buy bollocks.

Another transfer windows of breaking even, or thereabouts. Mike Ashleys words continue to haunt me, "we will continue to invest", more of the same then.