England

Nobody

Kane's probably been one of our better players, seems like it wasn't just a one season wonder.

Had far too much about his game to be a Michael Ricketts. Love the bloke.

:thup:

I always find myself rooting for the loveable dope.

He's just so composed on the ball, his hold-up play is excellent, and he can finish. He's a proper striker, something England have lacked for a long time. As much as Vary is having a good season, I think Kane should start in the Euro's. Hopefully Sturridge can sort his injury problems out, as I reckon him and Kane would compliment each other really well. Then have Walcott and Sterling down the flanks and Wilshere and Ali? in the middle, and its the making of a good side imo.

Couldn't believe how people thought he was limited. He scored all sorts of goals last year yet people said he didn't have much to his game. :lol:

Might not turn out to be an especially spectacular player but he's already well-rounded at 22 and will get better.

Kane's probably been one of our better players, seems like it wasn't just a one season wonder.

He's just so composed on the ball, his hold-up play is excellent, and he can finish. He's a proper striker, something England have lacked for a long time. As much as Vary is having a good season, I think Kane should start in the Euro's. Hopefully Sturridge can sort his injury problems out, as I reckon him and Kane would compliment each other really well. Then have Walcott and Sterling down the flanks and Wilshere and Ali? in the middle, and its the making of a good side imo.

I'm still of the opinion that Vardy is shit and that he's just having a good run of form.

Couldn't believe how people thought he was limited. He scored all sorts of goals last year yet people said he didn't have much to his game. :lol:

Might not turn out to be an especially spectacular player but he's already well-rounded at 22 and will get better.

Yeah Kane has looked to have a very good all round game, even when he's not been scoring he's been a key player for Spurs this season. Very good footballer.

I'm still of the opinion that Vardy is shit and that he's just having a good run of form.

pretty good last season tbh towards the back end and tbh i think a few people look at him and think just a hard working grafter on a run of form but lets wait and see cos Sturridge is a permacrock most of the time

Guest Howaythetoon

Vardy reminds me of Bellamy somewhat. You don't need unreal skills and ability to become a good player or to shine by the way. He's a very good Premier League player at the moment. Kane's all-round game is very good, even if he's not scoring he seems to be contributing. He lacks pace, but he has good feet and awareness and is physical so he can get himself around his marker or into dangerous positions.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Barkley has more ability and potential, but Alli seems more mature, more composed and less reckless. Different players anyway, both are potentially top players though.

Barkley has more ability and potential, but Alli seems more mature, more composed and less reckless. Different players anyway, both are potentially top players though.

Not sure how Barkley has more potential.

If Barkley can grow a brain he could be a brilliant player, his lack of football intelligence is often his downfall in games. May develop but think that may limit him. Alli has the potential to be great though I do slightly fear that with both players England has produced more midfielders who will bust a gut and score some great goals but won't actually contribute to the rest of the team like midfielders should.

Guest Howaythetoon

Not sure how Barkley has more potential.

Ability wise, he is more creative etc. I'd have them both in there like as starters.

Alli, although a different type of player, is where Barkley should be in his development. He's had a good couple of years now at the top level and he's still making appalling decisions on the pitch. I'd like to think it will come because he's excellent with the ball at his feet and running with it, but if he can't start picking the right balls then Alli has to take precedence. Then I again I just think Dele Alli is fucking mint.

Guest Howaythetoon

Barkley plays at that classic 100mph pace you see a lot of English players play at or try to, Wilshere, Milner, Gerrard, Rooney etc. and while it has its advantages especially in the domestic league, internationally and when it comes to fitness and injuries such a style or way of playing can take its toll. For me England's  3 best players over the last 10-15 years from midfield have been Scholes, Lampard and Joe Cole. Players who didn't run around like bull dogs chasing everything and everyone. Players who could control a game. Barkley needs to slow down, right down, and look up. Put his foot on the ball and just take some time to think. He has all the ability in the world, but when you're constantly running around, chasing things down and always looking to be the hero, it effects your decision making which is ultimately what makes or breaks a great player. Pirlo, Iniesta, Xavi... they didn't tackle anything that moved or rush their play. Its an English disease that lives on the stands and in the kids game at grassroots level.