England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Can only assume with Shelvey it's a personality thing and a perception he's a bad egg who will unsettle the squad.  Any other reason doesn't make any sense, not that that one does.  Lascelles is even unluckier not to be there if you're basing it on form this season.

Can only assume with Shelvey it's a personality thing and a perception he's a bad egg who will unsettle the squad.  Any other reason doesn't make any sense, not that that one does.  Lascelles is even unluckier not to be there if you're basing it on form this season.

Southgate being a twat sounds like a good reason to me like.

That and i genuinely think most of the midfielders picked are actually ok, where as the defenders picked are absolutely terrible.

3 RBs and 3 CDs? Delph, Rose, Lallana and Welbeck have played like 10 full games in their proper positions this season. Seems like the primary criteria once again is who is employed by the bigger clubs, not who is on form or even who is match fit.

3 RBs and 3 CDs? Delph, Rose, Lallana and Welbeck have played like 10 full games in their proper positions this season. Seems like the primary criteria once again is who is employed by the bigger clubs, not who is on form or even who is match fit.

And only 2 dedicated central midfielders. The squad is just weird tbh.

18 of the 23 play for the top 6. :lol:

without looking surely that would be the case for most major nations with a strong national league (germany, spain, italy etc.)?

I doubt there is another nation that will pick 18 of it's players exclusively from the top 6 of it's own domestic league and have aspirations of going far in the competition. We are shit from top to bottom and hope the big teams can prop us up as we have nothing to offer from decent foreign teams and don't trust players outside the top 10.

Embarrassing really.

without looking surely that would be the case for most major nations with a strong national league (germany, spain, italy etc.)?

Yep, it's a silly argument really.

It's not that silly as players like Rose and Welbeck have barely featured for their big clubs and afaik Delph has only played at LB for Man City this season.

And only 2 dedicated central midfielders. The squad is just weird tbh.

Think K Walker will be on the right in a back 3

17/18 is about 3/4 of a squad

i would personally be surprised if much more than 1/4 of the german, italian & spanish sqauds were made up from outside the top 6

not saying they're not but i'd imagine it's much closer than being made out

I doubt there is another nation that will pick 17 of it's players exclusively from the top 6 of it's own domestic league and have aspirations of going far in the competition. We are shit from top to bottom and hope the big teams can prop us up as we have nothing to offer from decent foreign teams and don't trust players outside the top 10.

Embarrassing really.

Not really, La Liga players will be dominated by Barca, Madrid and Atletico and considering unlike them we don't have many overseas players performing it's not at all surprising.

It's a very short sighted view point just said as an excuse to be angry at the big teams. It's not like the league is full of amazing players outside the top 6 and even if those players were picked we still wouldn't be going very far.

Jesus that squad is poor. Im not a massive fan, in fact i cant remember the last England match i watched, but I wouldnt open the curtains to watch that shower.

Cant imagine Germany are exactly shitting themselves at the prospect of facing Wellbeck, Cahill, Pope et al.

Yep, it's a silly argument really.

It's not that silly as players like Rose and Welbeck have barely featured for their big clubs and afaik Delph has only played at LB for Man City this season.

Welbeck has played 40 games this season and was pretty much starting every game until Aubameyang came.