England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

I don't know, I like this balance. No issues with Delph & Henderson when you have two ball playing centre-backs and Jones who likes to bring it out of defence as well. There'll be times where you need one if not both of those to sit and protect. Happiest I've been with our squad since about 2004. If nothing else, Southgate has a clear plan in mind with how he wants us to play and since he's took over we've implemented it pretty well imo.

I don't know, I like this balance. No issues with Delph & Henderson when you have two ball playing centre-backs and Jones who likes to bring it out of defence as well. There'll be times where you need one if not both of those to sit and protect. Happiest I've been with our squad since about 2004.

It's not bad at all. Just think it could be even more dynamic going forward.

I think against more robust and better defending teams the lack of build up from the back will show up more.

England are so boring to watch

I think they’ve been ok tonight tbh.

They’ve had the majority of the ball and apart from rashford scoring out of nothing and a Vardy chance they’ve done nothing

Don’t rate Southgate at all.  Feel he will do well to still have a job at the end of all this. 

Might get away with ‘young team’ excuse.

I'm actually the complete opposite, like the way he has conducted himself over the last 18 months, has a clear plan, stuck with it, and picked a team based around said plan. He'd also been around a lot of these players as they came through the ranks, as well as having experience in managing International Tournaments.

Don’t rate Southgate at all.  Feel he will do well to still have a job at the end of all this. 

Might get away with ‘young team’ excuse.

I'm actually the complete opposite, like the way he has conducted himself over the last 18 months, has a clear plan, stuck with it, and picked a team based around said plan. He'd also been around a lot of these players as they came through the ranks, as well as having experience in managing International Tournaments.

:thup: