England

Yorkie

What did he say? He is a complete freak to be fair.

It was this interview but at the end after Sterling talks about seeing games out, Clarke says "Game management?"

Sterling: Game management, yeah.

Clarke: END PRODUCT?!?

Sterling (clearly slightly confused and going along with it): Er end product yeah.

Clarke: As Ronaldinho would say?

Sterling: ...yeah.

Guest firetotheworks

If weirdos like Gabriel Clarke didn't exist, Chris Morris probably wouldn't have gotten away with his The Day Today and BrassEye interviews imo.

That said he really is fucking weird like. Remember when he used to sign off interviews by saying "England expects"? [emoji38] / :anguish: Him, Tyldesley, and Drury all at the same time, man. Ugh, imagine them bigging each other up.

I recall Gabriel Clarke interviewing Junior Witter(who wasn't fighting that night) backstage during a night of boxing, he asked Junior to take off his shirt to show us what shape he's in. Not that unheard of in boxing but he did it with his usual weirdness.

Football had so many phrases like that, that nobody ever fully defines.  It just becomes a part of the vocabulary and used in the same contexts. 

Game management is something that has become popular to say in the game but I’m not certain what it actually means. It’s used in the context of teams in the lead seeing games out. But I take it for how well teams manage the ebbs and flows of a football game. 

I actually like him.and think he comes across well. Could have taken a bit more flair with him in the squad but overall I think we're going to have a canny World Cup. Obviously we'll come a cropper against someone like Germany or Brazil but I can't see an Iceland repeat.

I've always liked him, he's not what you'd call inspirational but he's also not an embarrassment to the nation which helps. We aren't a top team so we won't do that well, but he's the kind of England manager I'm pretty happy with.

Are they playing tonight ? God I hate friendlies.

Its funny, I hate international friendlies during the season, these I can tolerate as it's preparation for the World Cup, but I actually love watching Newcastle play friendlies, don't know why. :lol:

Bit of a weird team, more than half of them won't be starters.

World Cup starts in a week, so probably trying not to risk any injuries and just get some of the backups more game time.

I don't know if it's young and everyone seems quite likeable, but I don't mind the look of this squad, and feel we could do relatively well.

I think it helps that we have a manager that has a system and has stuck with it, which hasn't been the case for a fair while.

I don't know if it's young and everyone seems quite likeable, but I don't mind the look of this squad, and feel we could do relatively well.

I think it helps that we have a manager that has a system and has stuck with it, which hasn't been the case for a fair while.

I agree