England

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

How on earth is that Loftus Cheek getting a game for England, when genuine quality like Shelvey and Wilshire are not even in the squad. We're absolutely fucked.

Loftus Cheek is quality, and he plays in a different position to Shelvey and Wilshire. He's much more of an attacking midfielder/second striker like Alli.

Wish Lineker would sit up, bloke will be lying on the table before long.

He sits like me. Legend. Or possibly massively deranged.

He's also been knocking up weird and wonderful meals in his hotel room.

His bathtub rissoto is sublime.

Another great interview from Southgate. Guy knows his shit.

Always thought he was a sound choice for manager. Not popular in football but being an acceptable human being with a brain can help.

The idea that Allardyce could’ve been leading us into this tournament...

I'd probably only get rid of Young for the next game personally. We need a left footer out there. It was like having no wing back at all if the fucker won't even pretend to take on his man.

Young deffinitely, think I’d start Rashford over Sterling too, although I really want Sterling to do something this tournament :lol:

Aye I'm interested in getting Rashford in the side, but I'm not ready to give up on Sterling or Alli quite yet. And I don't mind Rashford as a reasonable option from le bench.

Guest firetotheworks

Kyle Walker sounds thick as mince but I like him.

If you watch the Copa 90 with him he's a very likeable bloke, he talks a lot of sense.

I was watching it a little tape delayed today because of child caring :) Anyway I'm kind of deflated by the whole thing. Tunisia are shocking, we really shouldn't be restorting to 90th minute salvage jobs to beat them. Having said that they did what they needed to do and it's no good peaking now, plenty of scope for improvement. The big loser for me though was VAR, after it being a big winner in the Sweeden Korea game, how you can give Tunisia's penalty, then not give the stonewall rugby tackles on Kane amazes me. The first half one I could understand if an argument is made for Stones pushing off in another incident, so that evened out the foul on Kane, but the second needed to be called. It sets a worrying precedent.

Guest alijmitchell

Come on man - we aren't going to win the thing, but we've finally got a win in an opening match. We hammered them first half like.

My biggest issue with VAR is they seem to not have a clue when and where to use it, there seems to be no rules in place for it to be consistent. When ever i've seen video ref in other sports there's mostly a clear set of rules in place to use the tech.

That doesn't seem the case here at all.