England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Has anyone made the point yet that Hodgson will be tearing his hair out, Southgate should have been having Kane on corner duties, instead of popping up at the back stick to knock goals in.

Tunisia aren’t shocking, they’re alright.

Really .... Khazari is their captain, a division 3 player, the club don't want to keep. In the first half they defended like a pub team club, unfortunately our finishing was at the same level.

He was on loan to a Ligue 1 side last season you know nowt. Like calling Thauvin a Championship player.

Hehe so because he was on loan somewhere else last year doesn't make him a div3 player right now... Hmmm guess you and your pal there know something more than me.

Even if we play by your rules. Their captain (and most notable name) played for the worst team in the PL for 1 and a half season, score 3 goals in 35 games, most of which were not from the start, hardly a regular in the worst team in our league.

He’s not a Div 3 player you div. not even sure what you’re trying to argue here, it’s a weird point.

Are you retarded or something ? He plays for a club in Div 3. They hold his registration, no one has bought him, he is a Sunderland player.... What part of this simple situation don't you get.. Damn the standard of education these days is terrible.

Teams will not have submitted their squad registration lists to the FA yet, so no even by your odd theory not a third division player.

What an odd argument. Who cares who Khazri plays for? Literally makes no difference to anything that has or will take place.

Not to mention it's a team sport, Mexico beat the world champs and i bet most of their players are completely new to everyone here. Don't see the point in getting hung up on who the captain is.

What an odd argument. Who cares who Khazri plays for? Literally makes no difference to anything that has or will take place.

Can remember approximately 0 teams making tactical starting XI changes after game 1 in a bid to finish second in a group they can win either, absurd.

The original point if you look back was to put some perspective on the quality of the opposition, which is not great. Then you have two mensas here who don't understand how player registration works.

Guest neesy111

I don’t like this, finish second to get a better route to the final craic like. We should go out to win every game and finish the group top. We can afford to rest perhaps against Panama, but not Belgium ffs :lol:

How English :lol: Smart teams win.

Give me an example of when a team has done this at a world cup?

Can remember approximately 0 teams making tactical starting XI changes after game 1 in a bid to finish second in a group they can win either, absurd.

The original point if you look back was to put some perspective on the quality of the opposition, which is not great. Then you have two mensas here who don't understand how player registration works.

:spit:

For me, Young Lingard and Sterling weren’t good enough tonight. Young especially - gave the ball away and was sloppy in possession.

However, I’d only make the one change on Sunday, Rose for Young. Lingard and Sterling got in the positions, looked dangerous but the quality wasn’t there. I still trust them more than RLC, Rashford etc.

The bigger point should be that none of the first games at a world cup are easy regardless of who you play, we've seen that. There is then added pressure when you start really well & miss clear chances. There's then further pressure when you get a really random penalty against you.

Just getting the win after coming through that is a great thing for confidence.

The bigger point should be that none of the first games at a world cup are easy regardless of who you play, we've seen that. There is then added pressure when you start really well & miss clear chances. There's then further pressure when you get a really random penalty against you.

This for me, it can't be said enough how huge that victory was after everything that went before it. We should have been home and dry in the first half an hour but as it was with so much adversity to keep our heads up and keep going until the last whistle was pure grit. Refreshingly different from England teams gone by.

So by your standard, Colback is a top 10 PL player?

Yup :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

With a minute to go in the first half, the whole pub was screaming for us to launch it into the box, but England passed it around. I like that, don’t panic, try and play your own game and be confident that there is more than enough time during the second half to win the game. Usually we launch it long.

Again there was lots of positives tonight. We lack a ball player/creativity in midfield mind and will struggle against anyone who can dictate/dominate the midfield areas.

Huge goal threat all game though and again, the fact we didn't panic and kept plugging away was promising.

Kane didn’t have a stellar game, but he looks like he can/will score even from half chances. He should have had a pen as well, blatant as fuck.

Beat Panama and that’s us through IMO.

Martin Keown was driving me mental in the commentary tonight like, with his "this isn't the time for patience" nonsense, even worse than listening to Lawro during the Belgium match. The worst was listening to Jenas at half time though: talking about how we need to be more direct, and then compete for second balls! And he has the gall to suggest that his career wasn't what it could have been because of the time he spent at Newcastle!

Thought we played well overall, created a ton of chances in the first half, total control without quite so much of a cutting edge after Tunisia went ultra defensive in the second, but clearly deserved the win. That referee shouldn't be allowed near another match anywhere on this planet never mind at this world cup; we should clearly have had a VAR penalty, at some point, more than one probably.

On performance alone, we looked better than Belgium, by a distance. Belgium grew in confidence in the latter stages of their match, but they were very poor for large periods. Hopefully we could see a really good match up, with less nervousness from both sides in the final group game. I'm looking forward to it.

I think the only change I would make would be Loftus-Cheek for Lingard against Panama. Lingard was poor today with his finishing, and went missing at times in the second half. Having the extra power of Loftus-Cheek in midfield could really help us against some of the bigger teams, but I wouldn't want to wait and throw him in cold, he showed enough tonight when he came on to be given an opportunity against Panama, imo. I wouldn't change Sterling for Rashford, though it is tempting, if we can get Sterling going for England against Panama, he could be a huge weapon for us further down the line. He just needs some confidence in an England shirt.

Guest Howaythetoon

This pub sounds like it needs to smarten up.

Fucking shit hole mate, full of students, sun readers and zany twats. Some youngin slipped and smashed his head against the bar and the staff just carried on serving pints. Sums up Gloucester. Enjoyed the Shearer chants though!

Back at our hotel after a long day stuffing my face with a dirty kebab, grim :lol:

Spot on. Any team that did that would deserve the dog’s abuse.

With a minute to go in the first half, the whole pub was screaming for us to launch it into the box, but England passed it around. I like that, don’t panic, try and play your own game and be confident that there is more than enough time during the second half to win the game. Usually we launch it long.

Again there was lots of positives tonight. We lack a ball player/creativity in midfield mind and will struggle against anyone who can dictate/dominate the midfield areas.

Huge goal threat all game though and again, the fact we didn't panic and kept plugging away was promising.

Kane didn’t have a stellar game, but he looks like he can/will score even from half chances. He should have had a pen as well, blatant as fuck.

Beat Panama and that’s us through IMO.

Big call :lol:

Watched us crash out in 2012 and 2014 in there. Appears slightly more upbeat this time!

https://twitter.com/o2academynewc/status/1008776613146841089

I was there, in fact, you can see me in the red top on the balcony in that clip.

It was a good atmosphere, they were so loud that at times I didn't know if it was the people in the 02 academy who were making the noise, or if they had managed to increase the volume of the crowd at the game through some sort of audio software. After both goals, drinks were being thrown everywhere, pretty much across the floor and even from the balcony. Me and my friends hadn't managed to get in early enough to stand and be able to have a good view, hence why we opted for sitting up in the balcony.

Anyway, I have never seen a crowd anywhere have various mosh pits at the end of a football match.