England

Yorkie

It’s funny how irritated I get watching England.  I don’t really give much of a shite about the results, and therefore I’d just like a bit of entertainment.  I don’t care in the way that I do for my real national side, so watching some canny football would get me engaged.  This is just fucking turgid, and there isn’t any excuse given the players at the manager’s disposal. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Probably because he’s a full back being played as a trequartista by the overcautious berk in charge 

I don’t think Southgate would’ve told him to play like he has done in these two games. He wasn’t playing in any particular role or position… just walking around and fucking the shape up. Hopefully it’s the end of that experiment.

How do people follow England home and away man, especially away, find it so weird. Outside of a tournament pretty much every game is dull as fuck, and it's hardly like the away games are in decent areas. It's just pointless, can't get my head round wasting all that money, there's no pleasure to get out of it.

Just now, Smal said:

I don’t think Southgate would’ve told him to play like he has done in these two games. He wasn’t playing in any particular role or position… just walking around and fucking the shape up. Hopefully it’s the end of that experiment.

International football doesn’t feel like the appropriate time to start trying players in completely new positions.  And it isn’t as if England are underserved in that position.  Agreed, hopefully we don’t see this again. 

Just now, NUFCDoog said:

How do people follow England home and away man, especially away, find it so weird. Outside of a tournament pretty much every game is dull as fuck, and it's hardly like the away games are in decent areas. It's just pointless, can't get my head round wasting all that money, there's no pleasure to get out of it.

Think majority will be londoners they love England games. 

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Usually lower league supporters with no chance of European football.  It’s also why you often see the small town names on the St George’s flags in the away end.

I went away with England once many moons ago, and instantly hated it.  

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s funny how irritated I get watching England.  I don’t really give much of a shite about the results, and therefore I’d just like a bit of entertainment.  I don’t care in the way that I do for my real national side, so watching some canny football would get me engaged.  This is just fucking turgid, and there isn’t any excuse given the players at the manager’s disposal. 

If you're after entertainment, a dead rubber mid-season international fixture away to niggly, gutsy opponents with a homer ref and an experimental line-up is a poor choice.

Just now, Yorkie said:

If you're after entertainment, a dead rubber mid-season international fixture away to niggly, gutsy opponents with a homer ref and an experimental line-up is a poor choice.

Any Southgate England game tbf.  Southgate is a manager capable of making experimental XIs boring.  If you’re going to experiment, how about playing a 2-3-5 formation and making it fun :) 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

Like who? He's playing leftback isn't he? 

Play Gordon there. Saka can play LB. Gordon tracks back loads plus technically, he’s 9 times the play that Lewis is. Good players can play anywhere. 

Gordon can play Lw, can’t be that different to Lb.