England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Normally the type who only come out on Derby day. 

Yep, and the same people who only go out on bank holidays which the normal punter probably avoids. 

Part timers 

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/hooliganism_shock-and-outrage-over-violent-football-fans/44960834

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Basel_hooligan_incident

https://www.vice.com/en/topic/hooliganism-in-swiss-football

There's 3. I can keep going. There's loads of examples.

Give me a country and I'll find examples. Are we worse? perhaps. Are we the worst? No.

@El Prontonise 

Edited by STM

6 minutes ago, STM said:

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/hooliganism_shock-and-outrage-over-violent-football-fans/44960834

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Basel_hooligan_incident

https://www.vice.com/en/topic/hooliganism-in-swiss-football

There's 3. I can keep going. There's loads of examples.

Give me a country and I'll find examples. Are we worse? perhaps. Are we the worst? No.

@El Prontonise 

We trashed our own Capital City FFS!  How many fans have done that?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

He may get away with it today, but playing Trent CM is asking for trouble imo.

Totally agree.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He may get away with it today, but playing Trent CM is asking for trouble imo.

What is the main concern with this, the defending?

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

What is the main concern with this, the defending?

Yep, and he’s hardly played the role, if he is asked to do it against the best opposition he will be exposed imo.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

We trashed our own Capital City FFS!  How many fans have done that?

I don't know. That wasn't my point. My point was that where there are football fans, there are hooligans. In Eastern Europe there is major racism. In Italy and Spain they abuse their black players. In Turkey the stab people. In Western Europe there is a major drinking culture, which leads to fighting and hooliganism, particularly with our fans.

Some, wet their lips at criticising their own country, own culture etc. Its a far left thing. 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Never been on board with Trent in midfield

He's not and never will be a midfielder to a decent standard 

Always feel it’s telling when one of the worlds best managers last summer decided to not go with TAA in CM, and instead be happy to spend £100m+ on CMs, rather than sign a RB and move TAA there.

Serbia starting Milenkovic Savic behind Mitrovic and Vlahovic. All 6 ft 2 and up.

Think that's a big concern. Maguire would have been useful in this kind of game.

Wonder if he considered starting Dunk.

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Again, it's pissheads and cockends. Hardly going out to deliberately kick fuck out of people is it? They'll consider that 'banter', which is designed to wind people up not smash their heads in and steal their flags.

Absolutely, as a fellow dodgy Balkan resident, there are very clear differences in the profile of the fans and their behaviour - 95% of English fans are decent, civilised people who try to live a good life but are maybe prone to the occasional drunk embarrassment.

While in eastern europe the organised fans, the so called ultras, are 90% criminals, ex or future convicts, primitive people who live very primitive lives. The high % is not an exaggeration. As a rule, big clubs in the Balkans are owned by oligarchs connected to the russian mafia and most of them follow the same model - the ultras become like a private praetorian guard for the owner - which makes for a very militant make up, usually dominated by some sort of an organised-crime group.. At what was my home club - Levski, most ultras are part of a well known drug 'cartel'.

In Serbia, I imagine it's even worse - a lot of men, still in active age who have actual very bloody war experiences. There's a large Serbian volunteer battalion fighting in Ukraine for fucking russia since the start of the full-scale invasion. Granted, I doubt there are any of them in Germany now..

Of course, fucking Russia won the subhuman prize, sending Spetsnaz and Wagner killers to Euro 2016..

Edited by junkhead

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yep, and he’s hardly played the role, if he is asked to do it against the best opposition he will be exposed imo.

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

He is so important due to his passing and set pieces that you want him in the team.

I think it's probably easier to hide his defensive issues alongside Rice and Bellingham in the centre, rather than when he's at full back.

Hard to say for sure though. Should be a telling game this.

3 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Absolutely, as a fellow dodgy Balkan resident, there are very clear differences in the profile of the fans and their behaviour - 95% of English fans are decent, civilised people who try to live a good life but are maybe prone to the occasional drunk embarrassment.

While in eastern europe the organised fans, the so called ultras, are 90% criminals, ex or future convicts, primitive people who live very primitive lives. The high % is not an exaggeration. As a rule, big clubs in the Balkans are owned by oligarchs connected to the russian mafia and most of them follow the same model - the ultras become like a private praetorian guard for the owner - which makes for a very militant make up, usually dominated by some sort of an organised-crime group.. At what was my home club - Levski, most ultras are part of a well known drug 'cartel'.

In Serbia, I imagine it's even worse - a lot of men, still in active age who have actual very bloody war experiences. There's a large Serbian volunteer battalion fighting in Ukraine for fucking russia since the start of the full-scale invasion.

Of course, fucking Russia won the subhuman prize, sending Spetsnaz and Wagner killers to Euro 2016..

Thank you for this post. Its nice to hear from someone who sees far darker things. Puts into perspective how things are in other parts of the world. Makes our drunken morons look rather feeble.👍

Like those BBC clips there with Walker, TAA would be smashing those crosses in. He won’t be in those positions to do that in CM. Should just play him RB. 

5 minutes ago, STM said:

I don't know. That wasn't my point. My point was that where there are football fans, there are hooligans. In Eastern Europe there is major racism. In Italy and Spain they abuse their black players. In Turkey the stab people. In Western Europe there is a major drinking culture, which leads to fighting and hooliganism, particularly with our fans.

Some, wet their lips at criticising their own country, own culture etc. Its a far left thing. 

So name me a set of fans that absolutely trash their Capital City?  You can't can you.  The only comparison is the Donald Trump aresholes that trashed the Whitehouse.