England

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

John Stones, man. I don't get it. I've seen nothing in his game to suggest he can defend properly unless there's a system in place to accommodate him.

Sterling is starting to creap into that world class bracket imo.

Loving the player he is becoming man. Looks very good playing off of Vardy. Pretty exciting for you guys.

Guest firetotheworks

Loving the player he is becoming man. Looks very good playing off of Vardy. Pretty exciting for you guys.

That's quite the heel turn.

England really do look infinitely more comfortable in this system. Good decision by Southgate to really commit to it.

Some really nice, patient build up play beginning to develop.

I like our team/options we feel more unified than we have in a long time. Everyone seems comfortable with their job,  and feels quite egoless. It's nice to see a younger team growing. We just have to keep progressing rather than plateau like England of old.

That's quite the heel turn.

Yeah, still think his finishing is really poor.

However, I am very surprised by how well rounded he has become in pretty much all other areas.

Really thought he'd be out of his depth under Pep when he moved to City.

Guest chopey

I think John Stones football brain is amazing, its just the faulty way its attached to his limbs that's the problem.

I do quite like how Southgate isn't picking names he's picking the people who are in form and fit the system. I was expecting Dele Alli to be one of the main players, due to his name, but he hasn't started either of the last two games which id assume means he's not in starting plans for the World Cup.

England will never go far in a competition with John Stones at the back. How he sold for £50m i will never know - bang average.

Man City do not give any kind of a fuck how much they pay for someone. Also helps their "homegrown" out.

England will never go far in a competition with John Stones at the back. How he sold for £50m i will never know - bang average.

Man City do not give any kind of a fuck how much they pay for someone. Also helps their "homegrown" out.

How’s that bitter tasting?

Haven't England looked really good in friendlies in the build up to the last two tournaments too? Do quite like Southgate from the things he has said mind. Think you could get to a quarter and put in a decent performance but ultimately lose to a good team

Haven't England looked really good in friendlies in the build up to the last two tournaments too? Do quite like Southgate from the things he has said mind. Think you could get to a quarter and put in a decent performance but ultimately lose to a good team

Given the age of the squad and the general apathy toward England at the moment I think most people will take that tbh. Would probably give us a decent base to build from.

How’s that bitter tasting?

:lol: It's almost made me walk away from the sport I love more than anything I'm not related to. Extremely bitter :lol:.

We get Poland or Colombia if we get through the group assuming a non collapse by them. Again, assuming non huge error us and Belgium v those two are probably going to be among the more interesting games in the knockout round.

We get Poland or Colombia if we get through the group assuming a non collapse by them. Again, assuming non huge error us and Belgium v those two are probably going to be among the more interesting games in the knockout round.

Aye Colombia would be a canny game. Would actually probably slightly favour Colombia if it ended up like that. Belgium should be canny but probably won't be