England

Yorkie

Just now, La Parka said:

Can't see what Palmer offers over Gordon apart from a shitter haircut 

Couple of really nice bits of tight control and touches. They both have a lot to offer in different ways. I’d be tempted to have them both in the squad.

7 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

You’re right but there’s no way Southgate see’s it that way. Both 100% at the Euros

I’m fine with them being at the Euros, just don’t start the fuckers. Bring Henderson on to shut up shop near the end and bring Rashford on to scare the living daylights out of teams with tired legs.

Meh, job done. The team looked like they wanted to be anywhere but there and you can't really blame them. Basically dead rubber. 

Surprised by how capable Malta looked, mind. Might stick a fiver on Hamrun Spartans to win the Euro Vanarama next year.

57 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I’m fine with them being at the Euros, just don’t start the fuckers. Bring Henderson on to shut up shop near the end and bring Rashford on to scare the living daylights out of teams with tired legs.

If Rashford carries his current abject form into the tournament and Henderson goes in his current semi retirement life. I think both will struggle to even do that.

Given the talent at his disposal, yet he chooses to play TAA as an attacking midfielder, it is an enduring mystery as to how Southgate’s managerial career highlights before England was breaking Middlesbrough’s transfer record with possibly the worst pound-for-pound signing in English football history before seeing them relegated.

I love mediocre, conservative football, me.  It’s the attitude that makes you shut up shop if you go 1-0 up in a cup final after two minutes.  The man is a born winner. 

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Meh, job done. The team looked like they wanted to be anywhere but there and you can't really blame them. Basically dead rubber. 

Surprised by how capable Malta looked, mind. Might stick a fiver on Hamrun Spartans to win the Euro Vanarama next year.

Novel thought, but maybe Southgate could have picked some players that wanted to be there?

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Novel thought, but maybe Southgate could have picked some players that wanted to be there?

Yeah maybe; the starting line-up was miserable - particularly that double-pivot, and I find the TAA as number 10 thing unbelievably weird, even though he did areet. A fixture like that is always gonna have a semi-competitive vibe, though. 

Haven't read through the thread so probably been mentioned before but Southgate is totally just a younger, more media friendly Bruce.

They both have no clue with tactics and rely heavily on individual moments, more so than the average manager.

I don't care what anyone says, with the players at his disposal we should be playing so much better. He constantly picks his favourites regardless of form (or where they play).

16 minutes ago, beardsleymagic said:

Haven't read through the thread so probably been mentioned before but Southgate is totally just a younger, more media friendly Bruce.

They both have no clue with tactics and rely heavily on individual moments, more so than the average manager.

I don't care what anyone says, with the players at his disposal we should be playing so much better. He constantly picks his favourites regardless of form (or where they play).

Yep.  He’s a middle-class PFM.  

3 hours ago, WideopenMag said:

Developing Pardew levels of hate towards Southgate tbh, hate looking at him or hearing him talk. Awful bloke.

He has the classic Pardew traits. Dire football, players in wrong position, never acknowledges fault, attacks the fans. He’s so comfortable in his position and it’s having a massively detrimental affect on us. Hope he’s gone as soon as the Euros are over. My guess is he won’t end up with a top job elsewhere. Shame ‘cause I used to like him. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Awful bloke? He’s clearly a very decent human being even if you hate the football he produces as a manager. He treats everyone respectfully and always speaks well

People say the same about Bruce don't they, great bloke and all that. Not buying it. Almost like he's trying to hard for me. Lad above said it right refuses ever to acknowledge any fault or that the issue might be him.

3 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Cracking decision

He's shocked because he is so used to getting them, he initiated contact and moved his leg into the keeper.  I'm not sure what people see but it was an obvious attempt to con the ref