England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Lallana apart, there was very little technical ability in the front six. We looked very laboured in possession.

Sterling doesn't play with much imagination or awareness of what's around him. He would be the most frustrating player in the team to watch if it wasn't for Sturridge, who plays like he's scared of getting hurt. He doesn't chase defenders down or challenge with any real intent.

Be quite funny if Southgate got the job off the back of these results. As if three routine victories against vastly inferior sides was ever going to represent a test. Qualifiers and friendlies have proven campaign after campaign that they are no barometer to judge an England manager. They really might as well wait until the summer.

Be quite funny if Southgate got the job off the back of these results. As if three routine victories against vastly inferior sides was ever going to represent a test. Qualifiers and friendlies have proven campaign after campaign that they are no barometer to judge an England manager. They really might as well wait until the summer.

He hasn't had 3 routine victories

Quite enamoured with Southgate tbh, we could do worse than a reasonably young ex-international stalwart as a coach, it's not uncommon to do this in other countries. (Klinsmann at Germany, Bilic at Croatia, Blanc at France etc.)

Saddens me that we literally have no class managers any more.

Quite enamoured with Southgate tbh, we could do worse than a reasonably young ex-international stalwart as a coach, it's not uncommon to do this in other countries. (Klinsmann at Germany, Bilic at Croatia, Blanc at France etc.)

Aye, spot the fucking difference. :lol:

He should get it anyway no? Unless we have a genuine world class manager lined up then it makes sense IMO. We won't win anything, but we won't with any manager.

[emoji38] May as well not try at all then

Well you know what I mean, he's a decent enough option given where we are. If we can persuade Pep to leave Man City then I take it back.

Aye, spot the f***ing difference. :lol:

You should know, being a good player very rarely translates to being a good manager.