England

Yorkie

The record goal thing is a lot to do with the state of international

Football nowadays. Considering the amount of part time and lower league filled sides we play, anyone playing that many games up front would get that record. Kane will probably break it in the next 7 or 8 years.

Seems a decent chap Rooney IMO. A good way to retire as well

:thup: I've always liked him as a player. I hope he'll be able to focus on his club career a bit more now he's out of the spotlight (between both England and ManU). Off to a good start so far this season.

DH_xtveXkAIXnmy.jpg

Didn't realise Welbeck's goal record was so good. I know they've probably mostly come against former Soviet republics but still, fair play.

Hope Rooney has a great career at Everton. Ruined by being shifted all around the park. His natural technical ability is so good.

Your midfield options are absolutely shocking for such a big footballing country like [emoji38]

It is horrific, although thank God we have Delli Ali. He is brilliant and it's such a shame there's not much around him with that potential. Given how well England at youth level has done of late I'm hoping for a couple for breakthrough players to surprise us by the time Delli Ali hits his peak years.

Really annoying that Wilshere looks like his career at the top is over already. Has the skills but a body of glass and the brain of a donkey.

He's never quite performed for England when it mattered, but he has undoubtedly been one of the better players and to walk away with the goals record is no mean feat. Probably sums England up actually. Lots of ability, but unfulfilled potential.

There's a lot of OTT Rooney critics but I have a soft spot for him. He was class, maybe not the very top but close enough. His goal scoring record was impressive, just a shame it didnt happen enough at tournament level. Would love to see 2004 and 2006 Euro/World cup play out where he wasn't injured or sent off. By 2010 he was finished as a world class player, mind. Still very useful and helped us, but not the fulcrum we would have hoped.

Always liked Rooney also and big fan of his style of play. Usually great to watch and especially at his peak with Man Utd.

But it's also very fair for him to be criticised over his England tenure.

Lingard  :lol:

One of the most pointless footballers going and he walks in the England squad every time 👎

:edit:

Just remembered when he scored a goal last season and did that little dickhead dance which has made me dislike him even more.  :rant:

This.

He's an utter bellwhiff.