England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

[emoji38] I feel like Lascelles didn't put a foot wrong the entire fucking season. It's odd that he's not guaranteed a place.

[emoji38] I know. I can barely remember a mistake he's made.

[emoji38] Not even English and I'm rattled.

It's crazy.  We go from losing every single game to prolonged top half form entirely based on his presence.  For a 22 year old he's ridiculously influential yet he barely even had any hype from the press in the same way Shelvey has a bit lately.

:sadnod: his omission is far worse than Shelvey's especially given the paucity of talent at the position. Harsh on Lascelles but hopefully means he can stay another year so we can hit that sweet, sweet zenith of eighth.

[emoji38] I feel like Lascelles didn't put a foot wrong the entire fucking season. It's odd that he's not guaranteed a place.

It's crazy.  We go from losing every single game to prolonged top half form entirely based on his presence.  For a 22 year old he's ridiculously influential yet he barely even had any hype from the press in the same way Shelvey has a bit lately.

:sadnod: his omission is far worse than Shelvey's especially given the paucity of talent at the position. Harsh on Lascelles but hopefully means he can stay another year so we can hit that sweet, sweet zenith of eighth.

Well, Lascelles doesn't really offer anything different to the CBs that are going (except perhaps being more vocal and obviously being fucking mint), Shelvey on the other hand offers something no one else in the squad can, which makes his omission much worse IMO.

Having the option to bring Shelvey on to spray passes out to the fullbacks (as we haven't got any bloody wingers, I assume the fullbacks will be very high up the pitch) and balls behind to Vardy sounds like a much better plan B than chucking Fabian bloody Delph on and hope he can do something.

Well, Lascelles doesn't really offer anything different to the CBs that are going (except perhaps being more vocal and obviously being fucking mint), Shelvey on the other hand offers something no one else in the squad can, which makes his omission much worse IMO.

Having the option to bring Shelvey on to spray passes out to the fullbacks (as we haven't got any bloody wingers, I assume the fullbacks will be very high up the pitch) and balls behind to Vardy sounds like a much better plan B than chucking Fabian bloody Delph on and hope he can do something.

Fair point. I do think he is better than the other CB options, and poses more of a goal threat and had outstanding leadership for a kid.

Shelvey would only ever be brought on for the last 7 minutes of the game when England went into desperation mode, where Shelvey's range passing would be easier to mop up (i.e. against defences sitting deep).

Lascelles should be going for the power in his fists to turn form around.  If Kane has a slow start to the WC, let Jamaal deal with him. 

Granted he’s got experience. But Cahill’s had a bad season and will be going.  He’s been out the side a fair bit.  Lascelles has captained a Side and played well at a fairly young age.  Get him in the squad as an emerging leader.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s canny thick for getting that as tattoo like (he was obviously going to get stick for it), but it’s also his choice and people shouldn’t get their knickers in a twist over it.

Stupid tattoo but F365 in particular have highlighted the ridiculous amount those dirtbags have targeted Sterling in recent times. My outrage at how such a disgusting publication can remain totally outweighs my negative feelings on that tattoo.

The Sun and Mail absolutely fucking despise him because he’s young, black and successful and hasn’t played for a preferable club in London. It’s dog whistle racism because they don’t have the balls to just state it.

https://twitter.com/adamkeyworth/status/1001218545588502530

He’s already posted about his Dad, literally, being shot to death about it BTW.

And I don’t even like the bloke that much.

They’ve had it in for Raheem as soon as he mad noise about wanting out of Liverpool he’s been targeted.

Don’t know how he handles it internally. But he posted a funny Instagram post with him and Delph with the snake and plane emoji some time ago which made me chuckle. 

The Sun and Mail absolutely f***ing despise him because he’s young, black and successful and hasn’t played for a preferable club in London. It’s dog whistle racism because they don’t have the balls to just state it.

https://twitter.com/adamkeyworth/status/1001218545588502530

He’s already posted about his Dad, literally, being shot to death about it BTW.

And I don’t even like the bloke that much.

I've never noticed this. That's unbelievably bad. It's just flat out rasism, atleast this one is getting a lot of stick.

Usually I'd be on Sterling's side and he has been treated disgracefully by the tabloids in the past but that's a really stupid tattoo

It's not at all. Tattoos are (most of the time at least) personal and have a meaning for whoever gets them. His tattoo has a deeper meaning for him due to his father, it's not up to anyone else to criticize his choice.

Usually I'd be on Sterling's side and he has been treated disgracefully by the tabloids in the past but that's a really stupid tattoo

so fuck? he's a grown man, he can have whatever tattoo he likes, what has it got to do with anyone else but him? Does having a tattoo = I love guns?

Alright calm down [emoji38] I just think getting a tattoo of a gun is a terrible idea. I actually don't mind Sterling though and have stood up for him for both on field and off field stuff when he was getting pelters on here in the past

It's not at all. Tattoos are (most of the time at least) personal and have a meaning for whoever gets them. His tattoo has a deeper meaning for him due to his father, it's not up to anyone else to criticize his choice.

Did he not just say it's cos he shoots with his right foot?

His weapon of choice is his feet, rather than actual weapons - which is a path his life could have taken due to the environment he was in when growing up. So essentially the gun tattoo symbolizes the path he chose to follow. It's how I've understood the situation, at least [emoji38]

His weapon of choice is his feet, rather than actual weapons - which is a path his life could have taken due to his upbringing. It's how I've understood the situation, at least [emoji38]

Aye that makes sense. He can do what he wants like but I still think it's a bad idea [emoji38]