England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

After Sky Sports edited his statement and slandered him, I think footballers should stop giving them interviews and such at games now. Sterling should also sue the fuck out of them.

:thup: Really hope he holds every one of these prick organisations to task.

After Sky Sports edited his statement and slandered him, I think footballers should stop giving them interviews and such at games now. Sterling should also sue the fuck out of them.

:thup: Really hope he holds every one of these prick organisations to task.

Not really relevant since the Norwegian league is tiny and all, but most of the players at Brann stopped doing interviews with the press after they kept unfairly targeting certain players (foreign) for criticism. The press quickly changed their tune to get their access back.

The fucking state of

right now.

The Sun have published yet another nothing story slagging Sterling off and that bloke's getting absolute pelters for tweeting it (like he does all the back pages, the night before). Had to put a statement out, the lot. :lol:

This Sterling stuff is fucking tragic. It's so 'nothing' that it makes you think the media are just duty bound to try and destroy one player during/around a WC. The lack of support is just ridiculous.

Of course he can have whatever tattoo he likes, but we also have a right to think it is stupid :lol:

Yeah, either there's no-one around him to give him advice, or he doesn't listen to it.

Guest firetotheworks

Of course he can have whatever tattoo he likes, but we also have a right to think it is stupid [emoji38]

Yeah, either there's no-one around him to give him advice, or he doesn't listen to it.

Or it's none of anyone's fucking business what he gets as a tattoo.

I sometimes think people like Sterling are a bit naive, because they're so exposed as public figures and getting that tattoo was always likely to cause some sort of reaction. But that's not his fault, it's the state of a press which craves scandal and demonisation. It really isn't fair. To be lambasted in the way that he has from certain places is obscene, and the timing is just so typical. It's the World Cup, better completely shake things up for the worse.

Of course he can have whatever tattoo he likes, but we also have a right to think it is stupid [emoji38]

It's his choice, but a tattoo is a form of communication, and so there are going to be reactions.

If he wanted to communicate his dislike of guns, he'd have been well advised to choose a different image. That's all.

Guest firetotheworks

It's his choice, but a tattoo is a form of communication, and so there are going to be reactions.

If he wanted to communicate his dislike of guns, he'd have been well advised to choose a different image. That's all.

Tattoos aren't exclusively a form of communication and the intention varies from person to person, so you can't just apply that school of thought to everyone when everyone has their own reasons for choosing whatever tattoo they choose. Even then, whether he wanted to communicate or not, that choice has nothing to do with onlookers or their perception and opinion on what is and isn't well advised so as to not provoke scumbags like The Sun. If there are people thick enough to allow that tattoo to influence their judgement of his overall character, then that's their problem, he can't spend his life making safe decisions for the benefit of thickets and racists.

It's the media in the UK getting confused by the fact we aren't American again. Guns are almost a non issue in the UK, it'd have been more crass if he'd gotten a tattoo of a fucking van.

If one of the premier athletes in America got the same tattoo, it would not be a serious story at all. Maybe the usual suspects on Twitter would be making noise, but no one else would care.I watched the press conference for the match against Nigeria today, and the first question that was put to the manager of your national team, ahead of an important friendly and less than two weeks before the world's biggest sporting event, was pertaining to a drawing on his winger's leg that will almost certainly not be visible during actual matches. There is no logical reason for this to be leading news for more than a week.

There is something seriously wrong with the media in that country. The campaign against Sterling in the past few weeks is both very unsavoury and highly unsurprising.

This Sterling stuff is fucking tragic. It's so 'nothing' that it makes you think the media are just duty bound to try and destroy one player during/around a WC. The lack of support is just ridiculous.

The History Channel has temporarily turned into the Football History Channel for a couple of weeks and they've been running a belting Italia 90 Programme/Documentary.

I was ten at the time and can remember the tournament vividly but I had no clue as to the context surrounding it in terms of the vitriol from the press and the general behavioural issues around the England fans and their conduct. I thought that had been broadly sorted well before '90.

A real eye opener and I'd recommend it to any younger people on here who may have even less recollection of the tournament and just think back to the Gazza incident.

It was quite shocking in parts.

Pickford

Walker

Cahill

Stones

Trip

Young

Diet

Alli

Lingard

Sterling

Kane

.... Who is supposed to be first team left back? Are we missing someone? Mind is blank

Rose

Pickford

Walker

Cahill

Stones

Trip

Young

Diet

Alli

Lingard

Sterling

Kane

.... Who is supposed to be first team left back? Are we missing someone? Mind is blank

Would've been Bertrand for me. Not even in the squad :lol:.