Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Hart

Clyne    Cahill      Smalling      Rose

Henderson  Dier 

Sterling      Alli        Vardy

Kane   

We really need to stop with this Vardy on the wing nonsense

You're right, I was just trying to fit him in as I can't see Woy going with two up top, not a chance. Basically I'd like to see as close to the line-up and system as the Germany game as possible so had Vardy in instead of Welbeck and Sterling instead of Lallana.

Players should only play their club position(s) for their country, none of this shoe horning shite with pushing players out left which we seem to have done for 20 years now. If our best proper Left Winger plys his trade for Burton Fucking Albion, then he should be starting for England as a Left Winger if the formation/system demands it. If we've only got space for One striker up front, figure out who that is and play him. Don't try to fit 3 strikers into a formation that only needs one. Does my absolute nut in. For what it's worth, I'd have Vardy up top alone with Kane AND Rooney on the bench based on current form. And that's with a view to Rooney being the backup for Ali who'd be playing just behind Vardy, a la Germany away recently.

Players should only play their club position(s) for their country, none of this shoe horning s**** with pushing players out left which we seem to have done for 20 years now. If our best proper Left Winger plys his trade for Burton f***ing Albion, then he should be starting for England as a Left Winger if the formation/system demands it. If we've only got space for One striker up front, figure out who that is and play him. Don't try to fit 3 strikers into a formation that only needs one. Does my absolute nut in. For what it's worth, I'd have Vardy up top alone with Kane AND Rooney on the bench based on current form. And that's with a view to Rooney being the backup for Ali who'd be playing just behind Vardy, a la Germany away recently.

He's currently in hospital with respiratory issues so looks like Rooney's nailed on to start.

Players should only play their club position(s) for their country, none of this shoe horning s**** with pushing players out left which we seem to have done for 20 years now. If our best proper Left Winger plys his trade for Burton f***ing Albion, then he should be starting for England as a Left Winger if the formation/system demands it. If we've only got space for One striker up front, figure out who that is and play him. Don't try to fit 3 strikers into a formation that only needs one. Does my absolute nut in. For what it's worth, I'd have Vardy up top alone with Kane AND Rooney on the bench based on current form. And that's with a view to Rooney being the backup for Ali who'd be playing just behind Vardy, a la Germany away recently.

He's currently in hospital with respiratory issues so looks like Rooney's nailed on to start.

Alli?

England 2016 team published in the Daily Mail in 2007 :lol:

CkA3zmRWUAARFDc.jpg:large

Don't recognize half those players.

Whatever happened to Michael Johnson? Seemed like a promising player at one point.

Vardy would come off the bench for me, I don't think you can justify starting him ahead of Kane and he's more of an impact sub against tired legs.

Vardys numbers are better at just about everything. There is a bias against the lad for some reason. Kane's actually been quite quiet isolated upfront recently for us. Bar the offside goal, i cant think of many chances we've created for him?

Against teams we need to break down, Kane, against teams we'll be on the back good and need to counter against, Vardy. Would be a shame for either of them not to start but it's hard to see a formation with both of them in atm which looks sensible.

If we had peak Rio, Terry and Cole back I'd be pounding the drum for setting the whole team up to be as solid as possible and break on counter with Vardy up top and a lot of pace behind him, really not convinced we're solid enough at the back to play that way though.

If we had peak Rio, Terry and Cole back I'd be pounding the drum for setting the whole team up to be as solid as possible and break on counter with Vardy up top and a lot of pace behind him, really not convinced we're solid enough at the back to play that way though.

Yeah, Leicester's counter-attacking style was ideal for Vardy, and as we can't play that way, there's not much of a case for him starting. As others have said, he'd be a useful sub against a tired defence though.

Leicester topped the table as a side leaking goals at the back, the strong defence came much later in the season. Surely all Newcastle fans learnt the lesson of attack being the best form of defence watching Alan Pardews 20 men behind the ball 4-0 losses to southampton & friends.

Vardy would come off the bench for me, I don't think you can justify starting him ahead of Kane and he's more of an impact sub against tired legs.

Vardys numbers are better at just about everything. There is a bias against the lad for some reason. Kane's actually been quite quiet isolated upfront recently for us. Bar the offside goal, i cant think of many chances we've created for him?

What numbers? You can't just translate what you did your your club side in the Premier League onto the international stage. England cannot and will not play like Leicester, which naturally limits Vardy's most dangerous attribute. It's mindless to just sit there shouting at the TV about why Vardy isn't playing like he does for Leicester.

Further to that, I simply think Kane is a much better all round player.

What numbers? You can't just translate what you did your your club side in the Premier League onto the international stage. England cannot and will not play like Leicester, which naturally limits Vardy's most dangerous attribute. It's mindless to just sit there shouting at the TV about why Vardy isn't playing like he does for Leicester.

Further to that, I simply think Kane is a much better all round player.

Honestly, if you're going to spout some random crap about not performing on the international stage, at least back it up with figures. These are since October when Vardy was a regular in the squad.

October 2015 England 2-0 Estonia

Kane 90 minutes, 0 goals

Vardy 7 minutes, 0 goals

October 2015 Lithuania 0-3 England

Kane 59 minutes, 0 goals

Vardy 90 minutes, 0 goals

November 2015 Spain 2-0 England

Kane 90 minutes, 0 goals

Vardy 0 minutes, 0 goals

November 2015 England 2-0 France

Kane 80 minutes, 0 goals

Vardy 0 minutes, 0 goals