Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Guest firetotheworks

Liverpool's midfield is terrible? :lol: Utter nonsense.

It's quite good going forward but found wanting in defensive transition and often leave the back 4 exposed. They really needed Keita this season far more than they needed to blow their load on Oxlade-Chamberlain.

I disagree like, I think their midfield has a very good balance to it, but that the back four and 'keeper are all pretty bad, particularly Lovren, Moreno and whichever 'keeper they play.

It's quite good going forward but found wanting in defensive transition and often leave the back 4 exposed. They really needed Keita this season far more than they needed to blow their load on Oxlade-Chamberlain.

I disagree like, I think their midfield has a very good balance to it, but that the back four and 'keeper are all pretty bad, particularly Lovren, Moreno and whichever 'keeper they play.

Their own fans don't seem to rate their captain (neither do I), and see him as the weak link. The defence and keeper situation is mind-boggling. Apart from Matip and Clyne, they're all average players at best and seem to have no cohesion playing together which is a far bigger problem for them.

They don't have any real playmakers, or players who can break you down.

Just look at what they can do, Henderson and Can are basically just better versions of Hayden and if Wijnaldum isn't ghosting into the box to score he's not doing much.

Plus that's ignoring how meh it is defensively as already pointed out. It sounds nice on paper as they all decent players individually, but in reality it doesn't really do that much.

Guest firetotheworks

Their own fans don't seem to rate their captain (neither do I), and see him as the weak link. The defence and keeper situation is mind-boggling. Apart from Matip and Clyne, they're all average players at best and seem to have no cohesion playing together which is a far bigger problem for them.

Where are you getting that from? A quick look over on RAWK shows that that's not the case at all and he's a bit of a marmite player. Agree with the rest, but this idea that their midfield is bad is a load of nonsense imo. Coutinho (who'll probably move back to there once Mane's back), Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can, Lallana, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlane is a good mix and will wipe the floor with most teams.

They don't have any real playmakers, or players who can break you down.

Just look at what they can do, Henderson and Can are basically just better versions of Hayden and if Wijnaldum isn't ghosting into the box to score he's not doing much.

Plus that's ignoring how meh it is defensively as already pointed out. It sounds nice on paper as they all decent players individually, but in reality it doesn't really do that much.

This. I keep banging on about it but if I supported them I would be furious with the ludicrous way they handled 2 key decisions during the transfer window: 1- Choosing not to bring Keita in immediately and instead wasting money on OxC, and 2- Failing to move on from Van Dijk in time to bring someone competent if only to beef up a squad playing in the CL.

Guest firetotheworks

They have Coutinho ye nah? :lol: He usually starts in midfield rather than as part of the front three.

Who do you reckon will make way for him from the current 3 when Mane's back? Wijnaldum? Can?

I'm not sure, but if it was me it would be Wijnaldum that would make way, especially away.

Midfield isn't all about scoring and creating chances, there is also a part where they have to defend and they just don't do that. They really need to start using defensive midfielders, or they will keep concieding a lot of goals.