Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Lui Vitton backpack. It's him.

So what you're saying is a regular black man can't afford such items? Well done. You are racist of the day.

I'm black you weird freak :lol:

Why is it that every time someone takes a picture of one of these alleged signings at the airport they are either from behind, blurry or of a random person who might look somewhat similar. It almost seemed staged and on purpose. Like someone from the club is doing it to create some stir in a negative or positive direction.

There you go:

CJjdOT4UYAE4QLa.jpg

Does appear to be him.

The logo in the top right of that picture is the main reason he's here, in fairness.

Get yourself a yum yum for the road, Georgie lad.

So what you're saying is a regular black man can't afford such items? Well done. You are racist of the day.

:lol: :lol:

Sure you are ... and you have loads of black friends too I presume.

Sure you are ... and you have loads of black friends too I presume.

Nah i'm not black, but your post didn't make any sense anyway :lol:

Makes no sense :lol:

Black man with Louis Vuitton! Must be flashy footballer! Black man can't afford otherwise!

At 15M still a great deal when you think Depay was nearer £30M!!

Isn't he rated to be the better than Depay as well?

Not even close

So how good is he?

Well, to my mind Memphis Depay, who is 4 years younger, is already a better player and has the potential to become Van Persie/Robben level. Wijnaldum on the other hand is what I would classify as a fairly solid squad player at international level for Holland. For me, he probably wouldn't have been a starter in Brazil, and I think he was often the weak link when he played. Probably a similar level to Cabaye and Sissoko for me.

He was very highly rated when he was younger iirc?

Who? Wijnaldum? Never as highly as Depay. He moved from Feyenoord to PSV for 3m at around the same age as Depay moves to Man U for 30m.

Not in comparison to Depay but Wijnaldum would always have been a pretty well known young player on some of the Dutch underage teams

Of course. I will also say this: as far as I know he has never had any serious injury problems and his mentality is spot on. Apart from maybe overpaying a little and it perhaps not being a position of urgent need this looks like a very good signing indeed, which hopefully will not be to the detriment of other signings we require.

Black man with Louis Vuitton! Must be flashy footballer! Black man can't afford otherwise!

Calm down man :lol: He meant absolutely nothing by it.

:lol: :lol:

Not even close

So how good is he?

Well, to my mind Memphis Depay, who is 4 years younger, is already a better player and has the potential to become Van Persie/Robben level. Wijnaldum on the other hand is what I would classify as a fairly solid squad player at international level for Holland. For me, he probably wouldn't have been a starter in Brazil, and I think he was often the weak link when he played. Probably a similar level to Cabaye and Sissoko for me.

Who? Wijnaldum? Never as highly as Depay. He moved from Feyenoord to PSV for 3m at around the same age as Depay moves to Man U for 30m.

Not in comparison to Depay but Wijnaldum would always have been a pretty well known young player on some of the Dutch underage teams

Of course. I will also say this: as far as I know he has never had any serious injury problems and his mentality is spot on. Apart from maybe overpaying a little and it perhaps not being a position of urgent need this looks like a very good signing indeed, which hopefully will not be to the detriment of other signings we require.

:sadnod: Signing will mean absolutely nothing if it's not followed up with other quality signings of positions we require.

Not even close

So how good is he?

:sadnod: Signing will mean absolutely nothing if it's not followed up with other quality signings of positions we require.

Overpaying for a player of this calibre from Holland I think we'd all agree seems a good deal on the surface.

If he was English, what's the price then? Doesn't even bear thinking about.

Not even close

So how good is he?

Overpaying for a player of this calibre from Holland I think we'd all agree seems a good deal on the surface.

If he was English, what's the price then? Doesn't even bear thinking about.

Fair point. However I think Jordy Clasie will go for half as much (as a Schneiderlin replacement at Southampton?) and is of similar quality, albeit a bit more defensive. In the attacking midfield/winger positions you have the likes of Ziyech and Boetius who would probably command even less and could turn out to be better, although they are not quite as good as Wijnaldum today.