Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Apparently Wijnaldum had wanted to be at the International Stadium after passing his medical and inking a long-term contract with Newcastle. Without the deal being announced or finalised that wasn’t deemed wise but his name was on everyone’s lips.

'I know him very well from when I was in Holland and he was a pain at Feyenoord and for PSV against my teams,' said the Newcastle boss.

'He brings great quality and can play in any position in midfield. His physicality is good and his tempo good. He will be a good player in the Premier League.'

Of the deal, McClaren said: 'There's no secret. He has been seen around the place, he's having a medical and all the scans that go with it.

'I know him very well from when I was in Holland and he was a pain at Feyenoord and for PSV against my teams,' said the Newcastle boss.

'He brings great quality and can play in any position in midfield. His physicality is good and his tempo good. He will be a good player in the Premier League.'

Of the deal, McClaren said: 'There's no secret. He has been seen around the place, he's having a medical and all the scans that go with it.

:pardsgrin:

It's very easy to look at YouTube videos and get excited about a player (Luque anyone?) but having watched one with him, I'm quite excited about his off the ball movement. That's one area we've been a bit lacking up the pitch so fingers crossed he comes in and gets coached the right way and not the Pardew way.