Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

He played all over for Liverpool but also alot as a 6 and very well. All the liverpool fans I know love him.

Other than the DM spuriously linked like Kamara I think he would be an immense player to return. He is picking arsenal everytime though, especially if it's just a loan.

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

If we need someone who knows the club and could settle down straight away then I'd rather go for Merino. 

Absolutely love Mikel Merino. That would be epic.

I’d probably be excited if we got Gini, despite worries about how he didn’t turn up in some games last time. 

Hopefully he has developed since then, and he does bring plenty of energy and movement. 

I wasn’t really sad to see him go but I liked him for Liverpool. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’d probably be excited if we got Gini, despite worries about how he didn’t turn up in some games last time. 

Hopefully he has developed since then, and he does bring plenty of energy and movement. 

Gini is quality - we would be lucky to get him.

One of the best technical players I’ve seen in a NUFC shirt. Felt his character has grown since his spell at Liverpool. If the choice is him or Ramsey I’d take Gini every day of the week.

6 minutes ago, duo said:

Gini is quality - we would be lucky to get him.

The only way we get gini is if he has some type of sentimental connection about returning. It's a loan so it's not a long term move. In his position what's more attractive. Maybe he isn't guaranteed a starting spot at Arsenal if he goes there but the situation is likely to be more attractive than another relegation scrap. He certainly would here.

Hope he thinks he has unfinished business here!

Edited by toontownman

7 minutes ago, toontownman said:

The only way we get gini is if he has some type of sentimental connection about returning. It's a loan so it's not a long term move. In his position what's more attractive. Maybe he isn't guaranteed a starting spot at Arsenal if he goes there but the situation is likely to be more attractive than another relegation scrap. He certainly would here.

Hope he thinks he has unfinished business here!

I actually think there's a really good chance of getting him based on the fact we're turning heads and causing a bit of a stir.

Would actually love him here tbh, we need more player who know how to keep hold of possession and take pressure away from our defence. 

He's always seemed quite taken with the fans and how we treat him. At worst it's six months before sorting his future out in the summer. At best, it's a great audition followed by a massive move and big contract. 

9 minutes ago, LV said:

I really can’t see him wanting to come back, let alone into a relegation battle. 

Relegation battle ? You make it sound like he'll be in a trench. He'll be playing football and while it can get you down if your getting beat every week he can look at what's going on (signing we've made/signings to come) and wonder if he wants to be part of that. In a place like this it could even be fun.

58 minutes ago, Anderson said:

FWIW Liverpool fans really seem to really rue letting him go. He was a vital part of their pressing system, and they've seemingly missed his energy this year in the middle at times. As others have said, he was a completely different player under Klopp to the CAM/#10 he was here.

Don't think we will sign him and he is definitely a better player from his time here, but imagine having pressing midfielders in Joelinton and him in our midfield. :lol:

16 minutes ago, LV said:

I really can’t see him wanting to come back, let alone into a relegation battle. 

Who knows - all depends on what offers he gets.  Be guaranteed football with us - he'll already be on top dollar so money won't be a factor.

Back to the future. Personally I’m not that arsed about signing him again, he downed tools for us at the end of that season.. whether there’s water under the bridge since then and things being different now etc, it doesn’t matter. Can’t change the past.

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Back to the future. Personally I’m not that arsed about signing him again, he downed tools for us at the end of that season.. whether there’s water under the bridge since then and things being different now etc, it doesn’t matter. Can’t change the past.

Exactly, you can’t change the past. Having a world class central-midfielder as he is now though can help change the future though, doc.

He did so well at Liverpool that what he managed here before that in trying circumstances surrounded by clowns like Steven Taylor is irrelevant. Isn't he Dutch captain now as well?

Liverpool are an interesting one because their classic playing style is two all-time wide forwards, a pretty good linkman in the middle at CF, and two world-class wing backs supplying lots of ammo. Their actual midfield doesn't do much traditional attacking and cannot be judged on traditional metrics. Whatever it is doing, it helps win them lots and lots of games.

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

He did so well at Liverpool that what he managed here before that in trying circumstances surrounded by clowns like Steven Taylor is irrelevant. Isn't he Dutch captain now as well?

Nope. VVD.

edit- Gini was made captain when VVD was out injured in 2020.

Edited by Manxst