Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

IMO he's scapegoating Perez as well. But we won, so let's see. I would rather he fit Perez into the side somehow, maybe on the left.

Yeah, well he hauled him off at half time last week, he started the seaosn with him on the bench so McClaren clearly has some doubts about him for one reason or another.

I don't understand people's strong opinions when they don't actually watch the match.

I don't have a strong opinion on it. I'm just suggesting that for him to stay in the team you may want to say what he did right rather than "did nothing wrong"

All the other players with the exception of Mitro, Perez and (to a certain extent) Wijnaldum were doing everything wrong. They done nothing wrong, so using logic it didn't make sense to drop a player who was not in any way, shape or form impacting on our poor results. You'd rather have a Mitrovic on the pitch with a bit of presence than a starved-of-service Cisse who is a player we often have to carry.

IMO he's scapegoating Perez as well. But we won, so let's see. I would rather he fit Perez into the side somehow, maybe on the left.

Yeah, well he hauled him off at half time last week, he started the seaosn with him on the bench so McClaren clearly has some doubts about him for one reason or another.

He's a fucking idiot. Aye it worked for one game, whoopdefuckingshit. If that Moreno goal had of correctly been given our players heads would have inevitably dropped and I don't doubt we would have went on to lose that game. McClaren doesn't have a clue what to do or say and his last 2 team selections have been all wrong for me.

I don't understand people's strong opinions when they don't actually watch the match.

I don't have a strong opinion on it. I'm just suggesting that for him to stay in the team you may want to say what he did right rather than "did nothing wrong"

All the other players with the exception of Mitro, Perez and (to a certain extent) Wijnaldum were doing everything wrong. They done nothing wrong, so using logic it didn't make sense to drop a player who was not in any way, shape or form impacting on our poor results. You'd rather have a Mitrovic on the pitch with a bit of presence than a starved-of-service Cisse who is a player we often have to carry.

Aye but we have options in the striker position we don't in other areas and Cisse is a proven goalscorer and has been pretty good in the last two games even aside from that

Cisse is a proven inconsistent striker who is anonymous in the vast majority of games, has zero interest in playing for NUFC like the majority of his colleagues who've been here for too long and is capable of scoring a goal every now and then. Mitrovic on the other hand will rough up defenders and have a bit of presence about him, hold up play, work hard and is just as likely to score a goal. We're utter dogshit and cannot afford to be carrying players and hoping to scrape Cisse 1-0's, especially when our defence is this bad.

Cisse is a proven inconsistent striker who is anonymous in the vast majority of games, has zero interest in playing for NUFC like the majority of his colleagues who've been here for too long and is capable of scoring a goal every now and then. Mitrovic on the other hand will rough up defenders and have a bit of presence about him, hold up play, work hard and is just as likely to score a goal. We're utter dogshit and cannot afford to be carrying players and hoping to scrape Cisse 1-0's, especially when our defence is this bad.

Mitrovic is not near as likely to score as Cisse.

Also a thing to keep in mind is that we actually have decent options up front which cannot be said about any other area on the pitch

It's as simple as that for me. Perez and Mitro have their qualities but if you are looking for goals then Cisse is more proven in this squad.

Why is it that we only hire managers who have doubts about our best player(s)? Dinosaurs, the lot of them.

He's a f***ing idiot. Aye it worked for one game, whoopdefuckingshit. If that Moreno goal had of correctly been given our players heads would have inevitably dropped and I don't doubt we would have went on to lose that game. McClaren doesn't have a clue what to do or say and his last 2 team selections have been all wrong for me.

Aye, i want McClaren gone already. That half time sub against Palace was up with the worst of any Pardew subs.

I was prepared to give him a chance even though he would have been nowhere near any list of mine for the job but he's making such terrible decisions over and over, not willing to move away from his favourites within the side and it's just not good enough.

Like you say, the Liverpool result was good, no doubt it will be same team/system at Spurs and hope for a similar outcome but in the long run, major changes to the side are required and McClaren doesn't seem willing or knowledgable to make them.

Strikers like Mitro do rely on a modicum of service, he was dropped after two games of literally none.  I think when his strengths are played to, then he'll be a real handful. That's not just lumping it aerially and aimlessly. He does give us an outball but clearly he'll want crosses from wide positions to flourish.

Diving perhaps?

You can't criticise some players on here without others bursting into tears.  for example - Wij and Ayoze were two of the most poor and anonymous players against Palace which was rarely mentioned. Cisse was one player to actually do something good in that game. 

I'm no fan of Cisse, he's a limited footballer and I don't think he can be a focal point for a good team. He can't get involved and work with others in build up. I can see Mitro being a part of a really slick attacking outfit.  However, even with Mitro we still suck going forward and struggle to score goals.  Mitro rarely looks like scoring.  His movement in the box isn't great and he's often. On his heels.  Cisse is the more likely to score imo. We need to keep it tight and have a few players that can knick us goals and Cisse's that player for us.  Only for the short or medium term would I play Cisse like.

At this stage a strike force of Ayoze and Mitro won't get us enough goals. Would like to see both in the team sooner rather than later though. 

Also a thing to keep in mind is that we actually have decent options up front which cannot be said about any other area on the pitch

It's as simple as that for me. Perez and Mitro have their qualities but if you are looking for goals then Cisse is more proven in this squad.

As much as I like Perez I think he needed a rest as well.

Noone has been consistent but some players have been inconsistent over a longer period.

The amount of games watching Cisse do nowt but wander into an offside position for example.

Mitrovic still has plenty of credits in my opinion.

You can't criticise some players on here without others bursting into tears.  for example - Wij and Ayoze were two of the most poor and anonymous players against Palace which was rarely mentioned. Cisse was one player to actually do something good in that game. 

I'm no fan of Cisse, he's a limited footballer and I don't think he can be a focal point for a good team. He can't get involved and work with others in build up. I can see Mitro being a part of a really slick attacking outfit.  However, even with Mitro we still suck going forward and struggle to score goals.  Mitro rarely looks like scoring.  His movement in the box isn't great and he's often. On his heels.  Cisse is the more likely to score imo. We need to keep it tight and have a few players that can knick us goals and Cisse's that player for us.  Only for the short or medium term would I play Cisse like.

At this stage a strike force of Ayoze and Mitro won't get us enough goals. Would like to see both in the team sooner rather than later though. 

The persecution complex is strong in this one.

Buddy, Ayoze was the least of our problems against Palace and Leicester when our entire fucking midfield was non existent.

I can handle Mitrovic's gamesmanship tbh. It's nothing to be proud of, and it's the kind of thing I'd be spitting feathers about if it went against us (back when I cared, anyway). But it's gamesmanship - part of the game and part of any other game. As others have said, I don't mind having a twat on the team as long as he's not absolutely taking the piss with diving like Ashley Young, or something, which is just blatant cheating.

Buddy, Ayoze was the least of our problems against Palace and Leicester when our entire f***ing midfield was non existent.

Bearing in mind Ayoze plays behind rather than alongside the striker, should he not shoulder some of the blame for our abysmal midfield given that it's his job to help out to an extent? By contrast, De Jong more or less played the same role at the weekend and made a decent contribution towards possession, pressing, winning the ball back and the like. I'm a huge fan of Ayoze for the record but I think it's very generous to call him the least of our problems recently - he's been poor the last couple of games.

Buddy, Ayoze was the least of our problems against Palace and Leicester when our entire f***ing midfield was non existent.

Bearing in mind Ayoze plays behind rather than alongside the striker, should he not shoulder some of the blame for our abysmal midfield given that it's his job to help out to an extent? By contrast, De Jong more or less played the same role at the weekend and made a decent contribution towards possession, pressing, winning the ball back and the like. I'm a huge fan of Ayoze for the record but I think it's very generous to call him the least of our problems recently - he's been poor the last couple of games.

While both he and Mitro were ineffective in those games, I still think the main issues lie further down south from where Ayoze plays, we so badly need at least 1 solid DM, I am tired of hitting my head against the wall in the hope this dramatic exhortation translates to us actually getting one in.

Guest Howaythetoon

What Cisse offered against Liverpool was width (stretching play) and off the ball runs inbetween and in behind. He didn't work their defenders physically, but he sure made them move around and if you can make defenders move around you help create space and openings for team-mates and help to destabilise a back-four. Mitrovic doesn't do this. He backs into his marker, wins a few balls and slugs it out. He is better than Cisse at holding the ball up and in the air, he is more of a physical presence, but Cisse is a goal threat and more mobile.