Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

He's definitely the focal point of all our attacking play and it's brilliant to have our striker come in deep to get involved with play and give the midfield that extra bit of support. The way he plays is absolutely essential for allowing Wijnaldum to score as many as he has this season for me as Mitro always has 2 or 3 defenders around him, giving Gini that freedom to break out of nowhere and convert the chances he does.

It's no surprise Cisse went to s*** as soon Pardew implemented 4-2-3-1 because all he was doing was sitting at the top of the pitch, contributing absolutely nothing and simply just waiting to bury whatever solitary chance came his way. Mitrovic on the other hand is now doing all of what I said above in this formation which is great, but all he is missing is the confidence and the ability to put the ball in the back of the net. His penalty against Man U was completely s*** (and had De Gea not just went the wrong way it would have been easily saved) and proved how much he's lacking confidence in front of goal at the moment. The thin air kick and the 1-on-1 miss also prove that too.

If he can bang in 2 or 3 in a row I reckon it'll be the game changer for him and he'll start putting them in on a regular basis, because the ability is definitely there and he does have a strikers instinct - he just needs to get that confidence.

:thup: yep, the usual patter is that it doesn't matter what kind of goal it is, in off the shin, arse, knee etc... but I really hope he catches a sweet lash off the laces and buries it. Preferrably one which is low probability to go in and Shearer salivates over on MotD.

The opinions on him as long as he keeps on missing chances will keep changing depending on whether we win or lose games. If we're winning and he doesn't score people will say he played great and if we are losing and he doesn't score other people will come in with the other extreme that he's shit and wouldn't score in a brothel

He's definitely the focal point of all our attacking play and it's brilliant to have our striker come in deep to get involved with play and give the midfield that extra bit of support. The way he plays is absolutely essential for allowing Wijnaldum to score as many as he has this season for me as Mitro always has 2 or 3 defenders around him, giving Gini that freedom to break out of nowhere and convert the chances he does.

It's no surprise Cisse went to s*** as soon Pardew implemented 4-2-3-1 because all he was doing was sitting at the top of the pitch, contributing absolutely nothing and simply just waiting to bury whatever solitary chance came his way. Mitrovic on the other hand is now doing all of what I said above in this formation which is great, but all he is missing is the confidence and the ability to put the ball in the back of the net. His penalty against Man U was completely s*** (and had De Gea not just went the wrong way it would have been easily saved) and proved how much he's lacking confidence in front of goal at the moment. The thin air kick and the 1-on-1 miss also prove that too.

If he can bang in 2 or 3 in a row I reckon it'll be the game changer for him and he'll start putting them in on a regular basis, because the ability is definitely there and he does have a strikers instinct - he just needs to get that confidence. 

Agree with all of that apart from the penalty being s***.  It wasn't right in the corner, it didn't have a lot of power, but he's gone the other way the last twice and missed both I think.  He's just coolly rolled it in and De Gea actually shows fairly early that he's going the other way.  Would have been pretty amazing if he had shifted his weight back to get down to his left.  It wasn't like it was a complete scuff, that's gone under the keeper and he's lucky to score.  I thought he kept a cool head for once.  I hid behind the sofa, as I was expecting him to try and lash it and put it high and wide  :lol:

His technique is a bit clumsy at times and it certainly is a bit worrying for his finishing.  Hopefully, he improves this though and he keeps developing while he is here.  I have a bit more confidence in our current backroom staff to get more out of him, than I did with the last set of clowns.

I love him, though.  Different players I know, but I loved Martins and Tino and all.  There's something about mad b****** strikers, that clearly have their flaws.

Aye his penalty was complete s****,he only went and put it in the opposite corner the keeper dived in  :lol:

Corner? It was closer to the middle of the goal, it wasn't confidently struck at all and if De Gea guesses the right way it's saved with absolutely no effort. Not a criticism of his ability, just highlighting that he really isn't confident in front of goal at all atm.

Confident enough to roll a penalty into the net, with the keeper going the other way?  I really don't see your point?  If he wasn't confident, he would have just blasted it up the middle, surely?  Or even worse, missed the target.  He was casual, he scored.  Not really much more to it than that.

Aye his penalty was complete s****,he only went and put it in the opposite corner the keeper dived in  :lol:

Corner? It was closer to the middle of the goal, it wasn't confidently struck at all and if De Gea guesses the right way it's saved with absolutely no effort. Not a criticism of his ability, just highlighting that he really isn't confident in front of goal at all atm.

:thup: that's saved 3-4 times out out 10 imo. It doesn't really matter as we never get given penalties but if we ever start we need someone who can power them in or find the corners.

:thup: that's saved 3-4 times out out 10 imo. It doesn't really matter as we never get given penalties but if we ever start we need someone who can power them in or find the corners.

Surely Wijnaldum and/or Shelvey can take a decent penalty? Especially Wijnaldum looks too good a player to not be confident from the penalty spot IMO.

Thats saved 3-4 times out of ten is it,under identical circumstamces I presume? That was stroked in very confidently,the opposite of a shaky pen,would have no problem him taking the next

3ft off the post :lol: Fucking hell you never see them kept out like. Watch Harry Kane's penalty from Saturday for a comparison.

Watched it again anyway, no way he sends de Gea the wrong way, he just guesses correctly unless de Gea fell for 'the eyes'. He doesn't even start to make his dive until Mitrovic has connected with the ball, so he didn't wait to see where he was going before he placed it either. It just wasn't that great a penalty, honestly not sure why anyone who has seen a penalty kick before is arguing otherwise.

3ft off the post :lol: Fucking hell you never see them kept out like. Watch Harry Kane's penalty from Saturday for a comparison.

Watched it again anyway, no way he sends de Gea the wrong way, he just guesses correctly unless de Gea fell for 'the eyes'. He doesn't even start to make his dive until Mitrovic has connected with the ball, so he didn't wait to see where he was going before he placed it either. It just wasn't that great a penalty, honestly not sure why anyone who has seen a penalty kick before is arguing otherwise.

Goalkeepers read the shooter's plant foot when guessing which way to dive, it's not just a random choice they make when they guess wrong.