Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

As i've said, for every minute we've seen of Mitro Rafa has seen 2-3 hours behind closed doors. One report has said he refuses to lose weight and has two personal trainers to help him bulk up, against Rafa's wishes. Ultimately the manager's say is final - if Mitro won't lose weight then he doesn't deserve to play. God knows if it's true or not, but the fact is no player should play a single minute in the first team if they won't toe the line. Maybe it';s because he won't stop doing stupid shit in training like he doesn when he's on the pitch - we can't afford to go down to 10 men in any game.

Given how thin and piss weak our squad is i'm sure Rafa would've used him more if there wasn't some sort of disagreement between the two of them or a fundamental difference of opinion. It feels more like Rafa is punishing him rather than just not rating him, but who knows.

Hold on, do you think Rafa is justified or do you think Rafa is punishing him? Or both?

We can't afford to go down to 10 men, yet Shelvey still gets chances. I understand squad discipline and I support being strict with them, but when you have players as shit as ours there's a line you have to walk. Someone like Joselu might be a very good boy, but he's a horrific footballer. If someone is of no use on the pitch then what does it really matter how well they train or how well behaved they are?

Still think Mitro will go on to thrive in the right environment personally. Simple system where he's told to stay in and around the goalmouth with good wingers hoying crosses in and he's a comfortable double figures striker for me.

There aren't many teams that play that sort of football anymore.

We can't afford to go down to 10 men, yet Shelvey still gets chances. I understand squad discipline and I support being strict with them, but when you have players as shit as ours there's a line you have to walk. Someone like Joselu might be a very good boy, but he's a horrific footballer. If someone is of no use on the pitch then what does it really matter how well they train or how well behaved they are?

I doubt it's to do with his discipline in terms of cards, more to do with his discipline in terms of doing what Rafa wants in the system he wants to play.

As i've said, for every minute we've seen of Mitro Rafa has seen 2-3 hours behind closed doors. One report has said he refuses to lose weight and has two personal trainers to help him bulk up, against Rafa's wishes. Ultimately the manager's say is final - if Mitro won't lose weight then he doesn't deserve to play. God knows if it's true or not, but the fact is no player should play a single minute in the first team if they won't toe the line. Maybe it';s because he won't stop doing stupid s*** in training like he doesn when he's on the pitch - we can't afford to go down to 10 men in any game.

Given how thin and p*ss weak our squad is i'm sure Rafa would've used him more if there wasn't some sort of disagreement between the two of them or a fundamental difference of opinion. It feels more like Rafa is punishing him rather than just not rating him, but who knows.

Hold on, do you think Rafa is justified or do you think Rafa is punishing him? Or both?

I personally think Rafa is refusing to pick him based on something he is or isn't doing behind closed doors, so I believe he is being punished in a way. My personal opinion is that if Mitro isn't doing what Rafa is asking him to do then he shouldn't play. There's no point having a piss weak manager (like Pardew) who bows to fan pressure because he can't handle the flack.

Even if the above is bollocks and it's just a case of Rafa not rating him then I'm happy enough for him not to play him - I have complete trust in Rafa's judgement. The man's footballing knowledge is far greater than mine will ever be.

It's that old adage with Mitro - the less a player plays, the better he seems to become in the mind of the fans. The fact is Mitro has never shown much in a Newcastle shirt and is a total liability at times, albeit a very likeable one.

I just fail to understand why Mitro would purposely not follow instructions to the detriment of his career at a club that he is really happy at.

He’ll be earning more than he ever has (and ever will unless he moves to a PL club), clearly loves the club, city and people - so why the fuck would he continue to ignore Rafa’s instructions?

I just fail to understand why Mitro would purposely not follow instructions to the detriment of his career at a club that he is really happy at.

He’ll be earning more than he ever has (and ever will unless he moves to a PL club), clearly loves the club, city and people - so why the f*** would he continue to ignore Rafa’s instructions?

It's not so much instruction but the fact he isn't quick enough to break out from defence and attack quickly. His biggest weakness is pace and it matters most in this league (example of this failure was was Joselu's miss pass to Man City to being in our goal but they were offside - within seconds btw). No other team who is successful slows play down.

He’ll be earning more than he ever has (and ever will unless he moves to a PL club), clearly loves the club, city and people - so why the f*** would he continue to ignore Rafa’s instructions?

It's not so much instruction but the fact he isn't quick enough to break out from defence and attack quickly. His biggest weakness is pace and it matters most in this league (example of this failure was was Joselu's miss pass to Man City to being in our goal but they were offside - within seconds btw). No other team who is successfully slows play down.

Joselu is not quicker than him though. If it was a footballing reason then we wouldn’t be playing Joselu, because he’s no better than Mitro.

It's not so much instruction but the fact he isn't quick enough to break out from defence and attack quickly. His biggest weakness is pace and it matters most in this league (example of this failure was was Joselu's miss pass to Man City to being in our goal but they were offside - within seconds btw). No other team who is successfully slows play down.

Joselu is not quicker than him though. If it was a footballing reason then we wouldn’t be playing Joselu, because he’s no better than Mitro.

Eh if you watch him in the flesh you will see he is slow mate

Think I’ve seen both of them enough times in the flesh to establish that they are both as slow as each other.

Think I’ve seen both of them enough times in the flesh to establish that they are both as slow as each other.

He won't carry the ball like Murphy who scored with pace. In another league yes but not EPL.

He won't carry the ball like Murphy who scored with pace. In another league yes but not EPL.

Have you been on the sauce? :lol:

He’s not going to play in Murphy’s place, what has Murphy got to do with it?

Joselu have not shown anything to suggest that his is better than Mitro....far from actually. Not from what i have seen.

As a fan i prefer mitro and his personality and extreme passion for the fans over Joselu.

But i trust Rafa but really hope Mitro will play a positive role in our relegation battle.