Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

If Mitrovic started the next 11 games and got 4 goals and 6 assists, would any of you be displeased? Because he is easily capable of that and his record proves it in whatever league or team he's played in, that's a fact.

Similarly, if Gayle started the next 11 games and got 4 goals and 6 assists I think he would be praised to the rafters. Hence the problem I see when people are quick to complain about Mitrovic with the idea that Gayle is clearly superior. It's much closer than that, yet anyone that praises Mitrovic is just being blindly affectionate, apparently.

Given he only got 4 assists in the entirety of 2015/16 in the PL, that "fact" is clearly bullshit

22 starts, 9 goals, 4 assists. That's him being involved in a goal more than every other game. It's actually an even better record than his decent 16/17 record. I'd take that all day and I'd be surprised if Gayle or Joselu could better it this season.

No it isn't. He got at least two of those goals in games he came off the bench so its not 9 goals in 22 starts and two of them were penalties which I personally wouldn't count when assessing how good a striker is.

Anyway your original point was that the stats showed that Mitro could be involved in 10 goals in the next 11 games in the PL when that is clearly bullshit

You're warping his statistics though, he made 12 sub appearances on top of that. It's massively disingenuous like so you cannot be that confidant in your own argument.

You may as well point out that he has a goal every 70 minutes this season which comfortably puts him as the greatest Premier League striker ever.

If Mitrovic started the next 11 games and got 4 goals and 6 assists, would any of you be displeased? Because he is easily capable of that and his record proves it in whatever league or team he's played in, that's a fact.

Similarly, if Gayle started the next 11 games and got 4 goals and 6 assists I think he would be praised to the rafters. Hence the problem I see when people are quick to complain about Mitrovic with the idea that Gayle is clearly superior. It's much closer than that, yet anyone that praises Mitrovic is just being blindly affectionate, apparently.

He was our main striker when we got relegated. Much though I'd prefer him to be starting ahead of Joselu, he's not guaranteed to do any better this time round.

And he done his bit tbf. Involved in 13 goals in the season at 21 year old in a new league. Very good stats. If only other members of the squad done as much as him that season it might have been a different story. He was the least of our problems.

We're not scoring the 1 or 2 chances we create a game because our strikers are on the whole, just not simply good enough. The ones that are getting more time on the pitch are not performing, they should be dropped for whoever else is on the bench who can try and shake things up and maybe play into some decent form.

Given he only got 4 assists in the entirety of 2015/16 in the PL, that "fact" is clearly bullshit

22 starts, 9 goals, 4 assists. That's him being involved in a goal more than every other game. It's actually an even better record than his decent 16/17 record. I'd take that all day and I'd be surprised if Gayle or Joselu could better it this season.

No it isn't. He got at least two of those goals in games he came off the bench so its not 9 goals in 22 starts and two of them were penalties which I personally wouldn't count when assessing how good a striker is.

Anyway your original point was that the stats showed that Mitro could be involved in 10 goals in the next 11 games in the PL when that is clearly bullshit

I think it's only fair to go off number of starts. 10 minutes at the ends of matches in varying circumstances (usually bad) isn't a good gauge of how well someone can play. Even if you remove two goals, it's 11 goals involved in, in 22 starts. 1 in 2. Again, I'll take that any day. No reason he won't do it again if he's given the chance.

Joselu should be dropped but I really cannot see what Gayle has done to be finished with so quickly when the only alternative is someone who isn't a natural goalscorer by any stretch of the imagination.

I like Mitrovic too, but like in the relegation season we cannot afford to have him as our main striker when we're playing so shit, he just doesn't score enough.

Joselu should be dropped but I really cannot see what Gayle has done to be finished with so quickly when the only alternative is someone who isn't a natural goalscorer by any stretch of the imagination.

I like Mitrovic too, but like in the relegation season we cannot afford to have him as our main striker when we're playing so s***, he just doesn't score enough.

What I'm saying is, how can people be so confident and sure of Gayle starting yet so disregarding of Mitrovic starting? People, for whatever reason seem to think Gayle is superior when there's nothing to back that up. I'm not saying Mitrovic is superior either, I'm saying it's much closer than what people make out. Anyone who shouts for Mitrovic is considered blindly affectionate though. It's silly.

I think it's only fair to go off number of starts. 10 minutes at the ends of matches in varying circumstances (usually bad) isn't a good gauge of how well someone can play. Even if you remove two goals, it's 11 goals involved in, in 22 starts. 1 in 2. Again, I'll take that any day. No reason he won't do it again if he's given the chance.

It was actually three goals he got coming off the bench. Suddenly its 6 goals in 22 starts, with two of those being penalties, so 4 goals from play in 22 starts.

I don't think anyone is saying people who shout for Mitrovic are blindly affectionate now though? 2 months ago maybe but even UncleBingo (who coined the term 'Shitrovic') is saying he would be playing him now.

In the past couple of weeks I've seen people (you included) arguing that Gayle is shite though whilst trying to justify Mitrovic's goal record. I'm not saying either is better than the other, it's hard to judge given how clearly unfit Gayle was at the start of the season and how little Mitrovic has played recently. I would start Gayle purely because there's a raft of evidence that he's the sharpest goalscorer we have and when teams are playing utter shite they're usually your best bet for a goal (see Sunderland and Defoe).

I don't think anyone is saying people who shout for Mitrovic are blindly affectionate now though? 2 months ago maybe but even UncleBingo (who coined the term 'Shitrovic') is saying he would be playing him now.

In the past couple of weeks I've seen people (you included) arguing that Gayle is s**** though whilst trying to justify Mitrovic's goal record. I'm not saying either is better than the other, it's hard to judge given how clearly unfit Gayle was at the start of the season and how little Mitrovic has played recently. I would start Gayle purely because there's a raft of evidence that he's the sharpest goalscorer we have and when teams are playing utter s**** they're usually your best bet for a goal (see Sunderland and Defoe).

And I'll happily accept I was wrong about saying Gayle is shit. I was speaking out of frustration after a match. He's not shit, he's just not clearly better than Mitrovic to justify Gayle starting and Mitrovic not.

In the past couple of weeks I've seen people (you included) arguing that Gayle is s**** though whilst trying to justify Mitrovic's goal record. I'm not saying either is better than the other, it's hard to judge given how clearly unfit Gayle was at the start of the season and how little Mitrovic has played recently. I would start Gayle purely because there's a raft of evidence that he's the sharpest goalscorer we have and when teams are playing utter s**** they're usually your best bet for a goal (see Sunderland and Defoe).

And I'll happily accept I was wrong about saying Gayle is shit. I was speaking out of frustration after a match. He's not shit, he's just not clearly better than Mitrovic to justify Gayle starting and Mitrovic not.

Fair enough, I've maybe missed some of your posts like.

Guest firetotheworks

Went with Gayle, purely because he's a more natural finisher whose non-Premier League form was still with us and not another completely different team.

Aye and Shearer scored 58 penalties out of 260. Does that make his premier league record invalid? Don't think it's really fair to frame things like that.

You can count the penalties if you want, I personally wouldn't when rating how good a striker is. Leighton Baines is great at penalties but I wouldn't fancy playing him up front.

By the way, of course Mitro should be ahead of Joselu in the pecking order and challenging Gayle for that spot until we get someone better, in case people are picking me up wrong

I love Rafa but I don't think he has given Mitro a fair crack. Most of us agree Mitro is not suited to the lone striker role in our 4231 formation, but he never really got a chance in our 442 experiment.

Now that experiment has failed we will no doubt revert to 4231 and Mitro will continue to struggle.

I fully expect Perez & Gayle tonight mind.

Same here, and I don't mind. The main consideration tonight should be making sure we keep a clean sheet, then if we can get a goal somewhere, great. A horrible 1-0 win would be fantastic.