Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

3 hours ago, Leek said:

Still love this mad bastard. Hes defo a level above the Championship, he'd score goals in Italy, Germany and Spain no doubt.

I don't disagree, but have to wonder why. It's not as if we simply have the best defences in the world, just because we're the premier League. I suspect it has something more to do with refereeing, maybe forwards get more protection, or get away with more, in those leagues. Anyway I just don't understand how the PL is compiled of the best managers from those other countries, yet the league doesn't suit a player who would clearly thrive in those countries. You'd think somebody could build a successful PL team around him.

23 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I don't disagree, but have to wonder why. It's not as if we simply have the best defences in the world, just because we're the premier League. I suspect it has something more to do with refereeing, maybe forwards get more protection, or get away with more, in those leagues. Anyway I just don't understand how the PL is compiled of the best managers from those other countries, yet the league doesn't suit a player who would clearly thrive in those countries. You'd think somebody could build a successful PL team around him.

It’s the pace of the league. In the championship he has like half a second longer to get into position and get his finish away. In the premier league he is playing against Ferrari defenders and proactive goalkeepers who are taking control of the situation and nullifying him. He will always get a few goals because he has quality and takes up good positions off the ball, but he’s useless in a chase and despite being a big lad can’t deal with defenders who are faster and stronger than him. 

I think he would do well in a first division club on the continent, more so than he would in the PL. But it’s fair to say that he seems to be improving so we will see if he gets up next year whether or not it’s clicked for him as he’s got a bit older. Not so much about the quality of defences but their physical profile that causes him bother. 

Something happened with him and Parker last season,cant understand why Parker never played him.

He's just signed I think 5 year contract,his wife n kids love where they are,and he loves the club as well.

It all helps if your family are settled,and it makes things in life doing your job better.

Don't think he'd leave Fulham for anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Loved the mad bastard. Shame Rafa took a dislike to him. 

Getting sent off in critical (and non critical games) will probably do that, unfortunately.

I would also have him back, mind.

He would be just as out of place in a Howe set up as he was in Rafa’s… I’m delighted for him though that he’s performing (again) for Fulham and that we may get to see him in the WC!

Edited by HTT II

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Getting sent off in critical (and non critical games) will probably do that, unfortunately.

I would also have him back, mind.

His disciplinary record has massively improved. 4 yellows in 22 appearances this season (1 for Serbia).

Barely even gets booked these days, unless it’s for an excitable celebration like today.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

His disciplinary record has massively improved. 4 yellows in 22 appearances this season (1 for Serbia).

Barely even gets booked these days, unless it’s for an excitable celebration like today.

Mustn’t be putting himself about as much these days then!

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think he just wasn’t good enough for the premier league. Whether he is now, who knows. 

He was/is good enough:

• 9 goals and 4 assists in 2115 minutes for Newcastle in the 15/16 season, a goal contribution every 163 minutes for a team that was relegated
  • 11 goals and 3 assists in 3281 minutes for Fulham in the 18/19 season, a goal contribution every 234 minutes for a team that was relegated

Just now, Happinesstan said:

Definitely wasn't good enough to be the main man in a PL team.

He was/is good enough:

• 9 goals and 4 assists in 2115 minutes for Newcastle in the 15/16 season, a goal contribution every 163 minutes for a team that was relegated
  • 11 goals and 3 assists in 3281 minutes for Fulham in the 18/19 season, a goal contribution every 234 minutes for a team that was relegated