Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest neesy111

I've said it stacks of times but signing him instead of Austin will be the decision that will relegate us. He may or may not turn out to be an accomplished striker but a club in our position doesn't have time to find out.

Na.

Yes.

I've said it stacks of times but signing him instead of Austin will be the decision that will relegate us. He may or may not turn out to be an accomplished striker but a club in our position doesn't have time to find out.

Na.

Aye. The 15-20 goals Austin would have scored for us could well have kept us up. The 5 or 6 Mitrovic will score won't.

Not sure why people are talking as if Austin is a proven PL striker.  It is hardly a given he'd have been a success for us at all - especially given he relies on service more than Mitrovic.

He's a finisher, when you create as few chances as us you need someone who puts more away than most - Mitrovic is getting chances (not many admittedly) and missing them all.

Not sure why people are talking as if Austin is a proven PL striker.  It is hardly a given he'd have been a success for us at all - especially given he relies on service more than Mitrovic.

He's a finisher, when you create as few chances as us you need someone who puts more away than most - Mitrovic is getting chances (not many admittedly) and missing them all.

To be honest, I'm not convinced that Austin is that great - I've never been impressed by him when I've watched.  I'm just surprised people are so convinced he would be scoring that many goals in our team.  I suppose we won't ever know unless we get him, but I can absolutely see why we didn't spend 15 million on him.

Austin has 10 in the Championship. How on earth would he at least have 10 for us in the PL?

He's been injured half the season to be fair.

Ah yes, his fitness would have been loads better here of course. :laugh:

I'd forgotten how utterly laced with creativity QPR were last season, like.

Austin would have buried at least 5 of Mitro's chances he's not converted for us IMO. The Mitro misses are all finisher's chances, the half knee hit would have been stuck on frame by Cisse ffs. I think Mitro has potential to be a lethal force, but he's young and shot of confidence. We desperately needed Austin.

It should have never been either/or for us, it should have been both. Austin leading the line with Mitro being rotated in and learning how to be a PL footballer. A front grouping of 2 of Austin, Mitrovic, and Perez would have been great to see.

Not sure. They're stuck in midtable, little chance of the Play Offs so they might feel it best to get something now than nothing in June

If they were up the top it would make sense to keep him but they're not. I reckon about £7m

Like many, I  was dead keen on getting Austin, plus another CB, preseason, but (rather embarrassingly) I don't feel I have seen enough of him to know how/if he would complement Mitro, or Perez, or either. Anybody in the know...in 'the think' I guess is more accurate.