Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

For Carroll's goal the only player he had to beat in the air was his own player. Then he did rise about the centre back from 6 yards out but it was a poor header. Had another couple on top of that. It's good quality crossing, then you notice up the other end Benteke isn't on the highlights because he's not getting the crosses Carroll is receiving. Benteke is getting a lot of stick at Liverpool but if you don't play to his strengths, you're not going to get the best of him and it's not really him who can be blamed imo.

Mitro's goal against Arsenal completed their comeback in that game. Where was our crossing putting pressure on their centre backs who were clearly struggling to handle Mitro all game in the air? Only one I can think of is where De Jong showed a touch of class to even get a shot on target from what was a poor delivery.

As TCD said Mitrovic often reacts late to crosses and can't get a run in the defender. For example for his overhead kick yesterday, just before it Janmaat puts in a pretty good cross and Mitrovic didn't even move towards it when it was a perfect ball to attack

If Andy gets a run on a player he's won the header. Mitro is rarely on the move when attacking a header.

Mitro's movement for the headed chance against Everton was excellent - pointed out where he wanted the cross, got the run on the defender and made good contact with the ball. Obviously should've hit the target but everything else was good centre-forward play.

So our missing game plan is to miraculously put inch perfect crosses onto our strikers' head every game? Fair enough, any striker in the world would thrive on that like. Giovinco would thrive on that.

We do get balls into the box and they're hardly all shit, Mbemba and Gini yesterday got on the end of a couple, the latter also looks as though he has for more guile in the box than Mitrovic does.

So our missing game plan is to miraculously put inch perfect crosses onto our strikers' head every game? Fair enough, any striker in the world would thrive on that like. Giovinco would thrive on that.

We do get balls into the box and they're hardly all shit, Mbemba and Gini yesterday got on the end of a couple, the latter also looks as though he has for more guile in the box than Mitrovic does.

Aye we get plenty crosses in like, more than most teams I would imagine

No but it's not miraculous to put wingers on each side of the pitch to get more crosses in the box. Did we put a single cross in from the left yesterday? We are so predictable and it's always going to be harder to get space for a good delivery when the opposition knows which side you're always attacking.

Unfortunately we're not in a position where we can wait for him to come good. We're relying on him to score goals now.

If we sign a proven goalscorer in the January transfer window we can hopefully get into a safer league position where Mitro's misses aren't so costly and worrying. Take the pressure off him a bit and watch him develop into the striker we know he can be.

Nope, according to the stats we rank 14th in crosses per game. We also attack only 23% down our left side. It's not hard to see why mitro is struggling.

Fair enough then, any stats for the last 5 games on crosses? Feels like we're definitely getting plenty of crosses in lately

I think he's struggling because he's 21 and in a new league more than service, I think he'll get better.

We're shit, but any half decent Prem striker gets more than 3 in 16 for us. Gini has scored 4 headers alone and is about 3 foot tall.

I think more than 2 wingers either side he needs a proper strike partner who can play on the last defender, Perez could probably do it but we keep expecting him to come deep and get involved.

We do get balls into the box and they're hardly all s***, Mbemba and Gini yesterday got on the end of a couple, the latter also looks as though he has for more guile in the box than Mitrovic does.

Nope, according to the stats we rank 14th in crosses per game. We also attack only 23% down our left side. It's not hard to see why mitro is struggling.

I'm not really a fan of getting the stats out but that basically just shows how inept we are down the left. Not that it wasn't glaringly obvious already. Every opposition manager in the league would know we operate everything down the right.

Given we actually have a proper number 9 up top, the lack of crosses is a joke as well. I'm not having its down to lack of movement the reason why we don't whip a ball in.

For Carroll's goal the only player he had to beat in the air was his own player. Then he did rise about the centre back from 6 yards out but it was a poor header. Had another couple on top of that. It's good quality crossing, then you notice up the other end Benteke isn't on the highlights because he's not getting the crosses Carroll is receiving. Benteke is getting a lot of stick at Liverpool but if you don't play to his strengths, you're not going to get the best of him and it's not really him who can be blamed imo.

Mitro's goal against Arsenal completed their comeback in that game. Where was our crossing putting pressure on their centre backs who were clearly struggling to handle Mitro all game in the air? Only one I can think of is where De Jong showed a touch of class to even get a shot on target from what was a poor delivery.

As TCD said Mitrovic often reacts late to crosses and can't get a run in the defender. For example for his overhead kick yesterday, just before it Janmaat puts in a pretty good cross and Mitrovic didn't even move towards it when it was a perfect ball to attack

That's what I've noticed as well, he's on his heels a few times when the crosses come in. His all round game is really good for the most part, but as the centre forward he's ultimately going to be judged on goals and I just think he's not the finished article yet. A lot more potential than Austin, but Austin is more clinical in front of goal right now and that's what gets points.

Well you're not going to be the finished article at 21. Even more so with his type of game which generally gets better with experience. He's certainly divided the fans opinion on him. From potential world class to he's never going to make it at this level :lol:

Well you're not going to be the finished article at 21. Even more so with his type of game which generally gets better with experience. He's certainly divided the fans opinion on him. From potential world class to he's never going to make it at this level :lol:

Well it's like Villa, all very well to buy potential but if you get relegated in the process it's a bit of a false economy.

Our crosses are mostly shit as well tbh. I don't have an issue understanding Mitro having issues positioning himself when he knows he'll have no idea where a cross would be aimed.

tl:dr we need proper wingers.

Our crosses are mostly shit as well tbh. I don't have an issue understanding Mitro having issues positioning himself when he knows he'll have no idea where a cross would be aimed.

tl:dr we need proper wingers.

This is how I feel. The lad is getting slated but there's no consistency and understanding between him and those supplying the 'crosses'. Until there is he's not going to thrive.

I was speaking to a couple of neutrals, who have already called him shit.  Probably based on watching MOTD and maybe a game or two.  My point to them, was that he gets very little in the way of service and only seems to get a couple of half chances or one decent chance a game.  There is massive pressure on him because of this and it just amplifies his misses even more.  You get someone like Giroud, who misses some great chances, but plays in a superb attacking team.  So he's usually going to get another opportunity to rectify his miss, perhaps even 2 or 3. 

I don't think he is ever going to be prolific.  But I think he is far from shit.  I like his hold up play, it can be a thankless task up there on your own.  But he usually puts himself about and gives defenders something to think about.  He has shown the odd glimpse of good link up play, too.  The worrying thing is, he is quite similar to Riviere when he gets near the goal  :frantic:

If we still had Remy or Ba on the books.  It would be great to bring him on slowly and take a bit of pressure off.  No way we'd have two expensive strikers like that on the books, though. 

It was always going to be a huge gamble, to go into the season with Cisse, who has been shit for a while, plus he has had issues with the club and a nagging knee injury for some time.  Riviere, who has been awful and never scored a premier league goal.  Plus a 21 year old striker, who has never played in the league before.  What a great transfer policy we have.

Feel a bit sorry for the lad. Personally I don't think he's up to being a main striker for a Premier League team yet but our transfer policy of buy young and foreign (from inferior leagues) with the hope of cashing in on him in a couple of years means we are relying on him to fire us out of trouble and on the evidence so far he isn't capable of doing that, again not his fault.

A proper centre forward, who is already fit and able needs to be signed this month if we are to stand any chance of staying up and if that's the only signing we make I think it's vital Tiote stays fit and focussed because he showed us all what he brings to the team on Saturday and on his day can play at a level Anita and Colback can't get close to.

Personally i would persevere with him. Its a shame they couldn't bring back Armstrong for the big man little man strike force.

I'd agree if we were in mid table. Unfortunately we don't have the time to persevere with a striker who has managed 3 goals in 17 appearances.

I think he will long term become a very good player, seen enough glimpses of quality from him, I just hope he realises his potential with us

He should not be leading the line, should have been gradually brought into the team and given plenty of time to adjust. A bit like Jon Dahl Tomasson being thrown into the deep end all those years ago and struggling to cope, should not have happened to him and should not be happening to Mitrovic