Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

If we're playing as a counter side then the forward and the auxiliary forward have to have pace. Neither Mitro, Onelung, Cisse or Ayoze have pace. Also if the two players with pace are picking up the ball on the half way line then the opp have time to organise. It's all wrong.

Don't agree with this couldnt be bothered shite, he was back in defence trying to defend at points during the game. You don't get players doing that if they can't be bothered. You find you get that when players aren't getting the service and are hunting round for the ball still.

People throw out the not bothered/not trying line here too easily IMO

He's clearly got promise, he's had a few good games and got into some promising positions but he's just not clicking. This is what you get when you buy cheap foreign youth with potential, you're rolling the dice on league position. I think he'll come good, he's still young and has a lot to learn, it doesn't help that he's in a team that is lacking in skill, leadership, confidence and moral though, that's never a good situation to go in to. We needed someone who could walk into the side and start scoring, not potential future prospects that could make us some money down the line.

Don't agree with this couldnt be bothered s****, he was back in defence trying to defend at points during the game. You don't get players doing that if they can't be bothered. You find you get that when players aren't getting the service and are hunting round for the ball still.

People throw out the not bothered/not trying line here too easily IMO

Agreed 100%

Guest Howaythetoon

McClaren was clearly heard a good number of times "Run Mitro", on one occasion after McClaren shouted it he ran and chased his man and actually won the ball. He was sluggish throughout, but I don't see a lack of work ethic. Similar with Perez who doesn't look sharp nor confident. It's hard for anyone in our side to get some consistency, however, given how disjointed and shit we are. Mitrovic is not the answer and we should have spent the money on someone more proven in this league. He's 21 and is expected to be the saviour of NUFC? That's the madness of our recruitment, it's all done to not on what is best for the team, but on potential resale value. You can't build a team from that kind of ideology. I feel sorry for the lad and indeed all our new boys, even though I don't rate him!

Yep as said its plain to see the issue, we simply dont buy players who are best for the team. The focus is on potential or getting a deal.

Look at how Championship strikers are doing in the premier league recently. Austin, Vardy, Wilson, Ighalo, Deeney. Austin was always the better choice, the gap is clearly closing. Strikers are making the step up. Austin could have been a proper number 9 for us. He has experience & confidence.

Mitrovic is learning, Mbemba is learning. Thauvin is learning. De Jong was an injured bargain who is now getting confidence/Fitness. We lump ourselves with issues for no reason. We dont need players who are learning. We needed a CB to lead now Colo isnt. We needed players who could come in and hit the ground running.

Ba had prem experience, did well. Cisse an older proven striker, came in and did well. Cabaye in his mid 20's. Debuchy was late 20's and we still even made money on the guy on top of him performing.

So now after clear examples of what works, we go off and sign kids and injured players? Baffling how thats not worked like. What a coincidence the single signing thats made a clear difference is in his mid 20's.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd go as far to say that Id rather see the removal of our transfer/recruitment strategy over the manager first because it's that which is crippling th team's chance of real progression. McClaren would do better with his own team, i.e. If he was allowed to strengthen the areas he sees need strengthening. Every player we seem to buy is either cheap or bought for potential resale value. We badly need a new spine to the side and we failed to do that in the summer, we failed to buy recognised Premier League quality.

Some of the excellent level-headed posts in this thread getting lost among the absolute pedantic drivel being spouted all over. Some of our fans are exasperating. Seriously.

:thup: some real bipolar shit goes on in here sometimes.

If we want to get the best out of this lad then we need to get some width and start getting crosses into the box for him.  He doesn't come across as the type of striker who will make his own chances, he needs service and between our complete lack of creativity in the middle and our playing two naturally central players out wide he's not getting it.

Some of the excellent level-headed posts in this thread getting lost among the absolute pedantic drivel being spouted all over. Some of our fans are exasperating. Seriously.

People can have different opinions on players you know. You obviously rate him as do plenty others, I don't, same as plenty others. If we all agreed on everything what would be the point. Now be a good lad and stick your dummy back in.

Do know against spurs he scored and set up a goal ffs

Yep. 2 weeks ago he came on and turned a loss into a win. That's a player I want to persevere with.

We haven't really got time to persevere with a misfiring striker though. It's hardly like we're comfortable in mid table. We're halfway through the season and stuck in the relegation zone. Austin would have been a far better buy for us as he's proven he can score goals in a poor side that doesn't create many chances for him.

If we want to get the best out of this lad then we need to get some width and start getting crosses into the box for him.  He doesn't come across as the type of striker who will make his own chances, he needs service and between our complete lack of creativity in the middle and our playing two naturally central players out wide he's not getting it.

I agree, but the problem with Cisse was the same. We needed a proven striker capable of contributing to the creation of chances as well as somebody to hang our coat on in terms of effectively finishing the chances. Not writing Mitrovic off, but he's clearly not the type of striker we were crying out for (yet), and as HTT has pointed out, was brought in for other reasons than to be the best fit for the players we have. Also, I don't know what McClaren's ideas where in terms of tactics before the season, but he's setting us up as a counter attacking side and I struggle to see how a player like Mitrovic fits in, as he seems to lack the pace and guile to be an off the shoulder forward who could be effective in such a system.