Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

TCD and Cronky kept whingeing about Cisse just being a finisher. I wish he'd been on the end of a couple of the crosses that Mitro has fluffed in front of goal, especially with the head. Aguero must be 5ft tall but he showed the difference real finishing instinct makes in that position for Man City today.

Like others have said it shouldn't have been a choice between him and Austin in the summer, we should have got both. Would have been ideal to have Mitrovic as a young player able to adapt to a new league without huge pressure and expectations while Austin could have slotted in nicely with minimum of fuss.

All we need this month is a new striker, central midfielder, centre half, winger and a left back... easy!

TCD and Cronky kept whingeing about Cisse just being a finisher. I wish he'd been on the end of a couple of the crosses that Mitro has fluffed in front of goal, especially with the head. Aguero must be 5ft tall but he showed the difference real finishing instinct makes in that position for Man City today.

Aguero's a far better all round footballer than Cisse like - stop.

But I agree - if we are going to continue to be a shit side a striker like Cisse of last season is much better than Mitro definitely. I'm not even aganist Cisse starting a fair number of games this season if we don't buy another striker. I'd have him rotating for Mitro. Mitro hasn't added that all round game to the benefit of the team as I had hoped so yeah - Cisse is a very valid alternative. I'd take Austin who isn't meant to be a great link up player either. Papiss also had a season where he scored twice in 24 PL matches so I wouldn't depend on him at all and would prefer we got rid and replaced him.

:lol: ok I'll stop.Otherwise I might have talked about scoring goals or something. I know you are a keen analyst of such details normally.

I still feel bad for Mitrovic, he's clearly good and not our main problem.

Thing is, we now seem to be defending resolutely. We're just way too predictable in attack. It's either passing back to Elliot for a hoof that immediately goes to the opposition, or we attack down the RIGHT FLANK ONLY with a floated cross.

It's painful to watch.

All about the way we attack tbh. Mitro is a good striker when a team plays to his strenghts, we just do basically the opposite.

Don't see how we do

He thrives on crosses into the box. We should be hammering the box with early crosses. Instead our wide players walk around a bit when we're countering and then pass it back to Colback.

I don't see it at all tbh, I think a lot of this is derived from the fact he's a 'football hardman.' He's really good at holding off defenders but he's never looked a player who's going to thrive off balls in to me, no more than any other striker anyway. His technique heading the ball looks good like.

I dont have problem if we risk a relegation to develop a world class striker who will lead our lines for the next 10 years.  I am ok with that.  I just cant accept we paid the cost and sell him 2 yrs later just for a few m profits, which i know that fat cunt would do.

He just needs to hit the net, give him some FA cup time or whatever and boost his confidence. Should be good. Would also be better if we actually gave him time to get in the box and make some runs.

I dont have problem if we risk a relegation to develop a world class striker who will lead our lines for the next 10 years.  I am ok with that.  I just cant accept we paid the cost and sell him 2 yrs later just for a few m profits, which i know that fat c*** would do.

Doesn't have the pace to become the above. Somebody quoted the Big Dunc "one in five" goal type average whilst looking good but flattering to deceive...

All about the way we attack tbh. Mitro is a good striker when a team plays to his strenghts, we just do basically the opposite.

Don't see how we do

He thrives on crosses into the box. We should be hammering the box with early crosses. Instead our wide players walk around a bit when we're countering and then pass it back to Colback.

When we do get crosses in he almost never looks like scoring, and getting crosses in from the right is basically our only game plan

Clearly a good player with bags of potential but still a young lad trying to get to grips with a new league. To make him the main man at this stage is a hindrance to his career and does no one any good. Typical of this club.

Look at his goal in the CL for Anderlecht against Arsenal. Amazing what could happen if we whipped more crosses in.

I didn't watch Liverpool/West Ham but seen the highlights and Carroll had 3/4 good chances with his head from crosses. Mitro is starved of decent service. Lucky to get on the end of one or two crosses a game.

One of the reasons he's lucky to get on the end of one or two crosses in a game is that he can't get above defenders to head the ball. That goal against Arsenal is the last minute, Arsenal's defence is completely stretched and he's in a race with Mertesacker to get to the ball first, good header like but that situation won't come up very often. Andy Carroll is different because he has a massive leap and is also a bit taller so you can put in any kind of cross and Carroll will probably get on the end of it

For Carroll's goal the only player he had to beat in the air was his own player. Then he did rise about the centre back from 6 yards out but it was a poor header. Had another couple on top of that. It's good quality crossing, then you notice up the other end Benteke isn't on the highlights because he's not getting the crosses Carroll is receiving. Benteke is getting a lot of stick at Liverpool but if you don't play to his strengths, you're not going to get the best of him and it's not really him who can be blamed imo.

Mitro's goal against Arsenal completed their comeback in that game. Where was our crossing putting pressure on their centre backs who were clearly struggling to handle Mitro all game in the air? Only one I can think of is where De Jong showed a touch of class to even get a shot on target from what was a poor delivery.

If Andy gets a run on a player he's won the header. Mitro is rarely on the move when attacking a header.

Rarely on the move? He's always looking to get runs or pointing to where he wants it. Just the cross rarely comes in or when it does it's a poor. Tbf it did against Villa but his header was awful, the movement however was very good.