Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Think it's far more likely that he starts scoring than any potential new signing like. There's no way we're signing this mythical premiership proven prolific goal scorer, we'd just be signing someone else who has to bed in.

Mitrogol will come through.

Right, someone who has proven he can score regularly in the Prem is a myth. One of whom just signed for Soton; and there are a myriad of others we could potentially poach / unsettle. Pretty sure someone over 25 in a foreign league with a physique or technique built for the Prem will also be scoring more, like how we found cisse from Germany. What I'm saying it, it boils down to signing experienced strikers and not kids to lead the line. Love Mitro but he was never gonna be the answer for a team trying to survive.

He was involved in all of our goals against Man Utd, but its not just that.  Him linking play allowed us to do what we did today.  Obviously plenty of players contributed a lot (Wijnaldum was fantastic for instance).  But without Mitrovic flicking it on, or laying it off for midfield players that performance just wouldn't have happened.  He fucking lead the line amazingly.  Some people seem to have the delusion that he could have just been replaced by a finisher and obviously the same chances would have come his way regardless, as if Mitrovic contributed nowt other than trying to put the ball in the net himself.  In reality he was essential to just about everything we did.

Good post, totally agree. That first half performance doesn't happen without Mitro

Think it's far more likely that he starts scoring than any potential new signing like. There's no way we're signing this mythical premiership proven prolific goal scorer, we'd just be signing someone else who has to bed in.

Right, someone who has proven he can score regularly in the Prem is a myth. One of whom just signed for Soton; and there are a myriad of others we could potentially poach / unsettle. Pretty sure someone over 25 in a foreign league with a physique or technique built for the Prem will also be scoring more, like how we found cisse from Germany. What I'm saying it, it boils down to signing experienced strikers and not kids to lead the line. Love Mitro but he was never gonna be the answer for a team trying to survive.

Strange thing to say about a players who's just been instrumental in gaining us 3 points IMO.

Anyway I agree with Semtex, in that Mitrovic is worth persevering with.  He's playing well and helping the team score goals.  He's also getting chances and surely will start taking some of them himself soon enough.  I mean I'm sure his better than 1 every 2 games record for Anderlecht wasn't a fluke..

Obviously nowt wrong with bringing in another striker, but not because Mitrovic isn't good enough, get someone who can compliment him or give us another option.

Strange thing to say about a players who's just been instrumental in gaining us 3 points IMO.

Anyway I agree with Semtex, in that Mitrovic is worth persevering with.  He's playing well and helping the team score goals.  He's also getting chances and surely will start taking some of them himself soon enough.  I mean I'm sure his better than 1 every 2 games record for Anderlecht wasn't a fluke..

Obviously nowt wrong with bringing in another striker, but not because Mitrovic isn't good enough, get someone who can compliment him or give us another option.

if you're bringing someone else in ideally it'll be someone who can lead the line a bit and play behind in the perez/sissoko spots - offering some width and pace as opposed to another number 10

Someone made a good point in another thread about how much fitter he looks now. Was definitely carting a bit of tonnage when he first arrived.

I think he is key to how we play. Just need them goals.

Fwiw, Charlie Austin is no more a 'proven Premier League scorer', as what Marcus Stewart, Andy Johnson, Mikael Forssell or Grant Holt were after their first season as a Premier League regular.

We'd have scored 4 or 5 today with a proper centre forward.

Yeah, Demba Ba would have had 2 or 3 today.

Misstrovic is a good all around player, but he is paid to score goals, the one thing missing from his game. Hope we aren't relegated on the back of that fact.

As if the reason we go down if we do will be down to him. There's 11 players on the pitch and they are all to blame, not just one guy who barely gets chances most weeks to begin with.

We'd have scored 4 or 5 today with a proper centre forward.

Yeah, Demba Ba would have had 2 or 3 today.

Misstrovic is a good all around player, but he is paid to score goals, the one thing missing from his game. Hope we aren't relegated on the back of that fact.

As if the reason we go down if we do will be down to him. There's 11 players on the pitch and they are all to blame, not just one guy who barely gets chances most weeks to begin with.

I remember you. You're the one who wanted Wijnaldum (our top scorer) played in a more defensive role at the start of the season so I don't take you all that seriously but clearly nobody is saying Mitrovic's misses will be the sole reason we go down, if we were to. They would just be a part of a culmination of reasons going back a long time. He's had quite a few chances in our last half dozen games and has a solitary penalty to show for it. He's playing quite well and had a really good game yesterday but ultimately a striker is judged on how many goals he scores and the lad needs to start scoring soon. Wijnaldum doesn't get that many chances either but he's more than doubled Mitrovic's tally.

No i fucking didn't :lol:

I said he played CM in the best year of his career for PSV in a 433 and that i'd have no problem with him playing CM for us. Also playing deeper with license to get forward isn't a more defensive position.

Frank Lampard and Yaya Toure have made a fucking career out of it, you need to learn the difference between wanting someone to playing as Box to Box midfielder ( although more attacking than defensive) is entirely fucking different than playing as a DM.

Here's one to think about; Emile heskey was a very well respected forward who didn't score that many goals (by memory, wiki will probably leave me open to attack) but he contributed a lot to team's play.

Would be nice for Mitro to get a goal or two in the coming games to get his confidence up, he just isn't making the right decisions shot wise and is fluffing a few of them... Come on son!

He's a totally different player to Toure and Lampard man. Toure in particular is a proper box to box player due to his physique and athleticism and is constantly involved in games. Wijnaldum isn't that type of player. He flits in and out of games and pops up in the opposition half and does bits of magic and pops up with a large amount of goals and assists. Thankfully McClaren doesn't see him the way you do because he'd be badly exposed in the role you championed him for.

In regards to a finisher, we're not a team that can carry someone who's just a finisher. We need someone who can offer something in general like Remy and Ba could. As apposed to someone like Cisse who looks scared of the ball at times

In regards to a finisher, we're not a team that can carry someone who's just a finisher. We need someone who can offer something in general like Remy and Ba could. As apposed to someone like Cisse who looks scared of the ball at times

With Cisse we had one guy capable of bagging the odd goal on scraps.

At the moment with Mitro up top the system works very well and we have 3-4 players getting in good positions to score with regularity.

I really think it would be foolish to piss about with Mitro in there myself. Only trouble we'll have is if he gets hurt or suspended I guess as the system will be much harder to play without him.

Think he's starting to make a few fans look a bit silly. We've found an absolute gem of a centre forward. Glad the fans showed him a lot affection at the end of the game when he came over to applaud. That's how we should be supporting our players. Helped he had a brilliant game, like.

I'm not sure what I think about Mitrovic. Whilst we desperately need someone to put the ball in the net on a far more consistent basis, I do think there's a lot of promise with him and I think he'll be learning from this. And we're still benefitting from him being on the pitch. Very easy to forget just how young he is too.

So whilst I obviously wouldn't turn my nose up at a new striker coming in and taking his place, I'd feel a bit bad for him.

His game is impressive and long term I can easily see him scoring 15-20 goals a season BUT at the moment the goals are not quite happening, still it's good that he is at least having chances and the goals will eventually come.

We still need to sign another striker because an injury to him would be horrific as he is crucial to how we play

He may never be a top goalscorer but his play leading the line really helps the players behind him get into goalscoring positions so it's more than worth the trade-off IMO.

Perez and Wijnaldum both have a real eye for goal so as long as we have players like that playing off Mitro we can still get enough goals IMO.

It's also a bit early to decide he's not much of a goalscorer in any case. It's his first year and he's still very young, I hope we're patient with him.

Guest Howaythetoon

He will never be prolific.

Can I ask why out of interest? At the exact same age, Shearer had scored 3 in 5 (the famous hat-trick), 0 in 10, 3 in 26, 4 in 36, then 13 in 41. It was that stage he got his move to Blackburn and he took off.

Mitrovic has a better record abroad and doesn't have the benefit of having the comfort of having his season aged 21 in an environment where he's grown over the years in familiar surroundings. I don't see why he can't go from the above figures to the 18-20 mark in a year or so because his all-round game imo is pretty spot on taking everything into account. To say he'll 'never be prolific' is bollocks. In fact I'm sure on one of those Premier League Heroes programmes with Shearer, I remember an interview being shown when he was a kid at Southampton saying something like, "I'm not prolific but I'm happy my game helps the team", or words of that nature. Look what happened to him.

The game has changed massively since then where forwards like Mitrovic were the norm. Now they are not. Shearer also had a goalscorers instinct, I don't see that in Mitrovic.

His all-round game is good, but nothing special. To become special he needs to be really prolific and I just can't see a goalscorer in him despite the stats you've thrown out regarding Shearer.

He's a 10 a season man, with maybe 15 in a stellar season. He is now getting the service and his finishing is poor. That can change of course, and I hope it does, but I'd much rather we bought a prolific pacey forward someone like Remy would be ideal ironically.

Guest Howaythetoon

That's why a Jelavic or Mame Diouf wouldn't be the worst idea to have in the squad imo.

Good shout on Jelavic, I like players like him who work hard, have some pace and offer a threat from the bench or when starting. Obviously you wouldn't want him starting every week, but he's a good player to have in your squad as he showed for WHU yesterday by coming on and getting a goal.