Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest reefatoon

First Simpson, now Ameobi...I dread to read the Colback thread in about 4 years time.

:lol: Terrifying thought.

Mitrovic has 8 PL goals this season, the almighty Ameobi managed to better that a whopping one (1) time in his whole career here.

One would think it'd be time to log off when you start romanticizing peak Ameobi.

Can't bare sarcy condescending shite like this. No one is romanticizing anyone. I'm comparing two average-to-shit strikers. Shola was here forever and loathed by many; it doesn't mean to say he and Mitrovic aren't compareble just cos the latter is still fairly new to us. I have said more than once in this debate that Shola was largely shite. Of course he was.

We can only hope that 3 goals in 2 game has sparked a bit of confidence in the lad, we've seen him with his tail up and on his day he can be a handful. I just hope it's not too late for him to be taking his chances now.

Id say its hard to judge him in such a poor team with no spirit whatsoever, the lad is 21 and in a new league.  He's been put under a lot of pressure to score the goals needed to keep NUFC in the league, I think that's way to much of a burden for a young player.

Him and Perez have suffered badly.

Shola had Shearer up front with him, that support is immense. 

WHo has Mitro had?

I'm surprised he's even being considered in the same bracket as people like Shola. For me he's a striker with a lot of heart and potential who's been parachuted into an absolute disaster zone. He's missed a few chances, but not a lot.

Although I like Shola, he was a player who robbed a living in the Premier League about two divisions above his actual level.

Mitrovic has 8 PL goals this season, the almighty Ameobi managed to better that a whopping one (1) time in his whole career here.

One would think it'd be time to log off when you start romanticizing peak Ameobi.

Can't bare sarcy condescending s**** like this. No one is romanticizing anyone. I'm comparing two average-to-s*** strikers. Shola was here forever and loathed by many; it doesn't mean to say he and Mitrovic aren't compareble just cos the latter is still fairly new to us. I have said more than once in this debate that Shola was largely s****. Of course he was.

You said Ameobi was unplayable on his day, and a much more accomplished finisher than Mitrovic. Bit weird that Ameobi didn't score more goals than he did if that's correct.

Shola never started most of a season for us though.

He would've done that or come pretty close in 05-06.

Waste of time, anyway. Shit player. Thank fuck he's in the lower leagues where he belongs.

Will he stay when we go down?

No.

Which club is going to pay anywhere close to the £15m he cost NUFC? Mike Ashley won't sanction a fire sale. He'll also be on Premiership wages (even in the Championship if it's true NUFC don't put relegation clauses in contracts) so no club other than a Premiership one could afford his wages.

I know everyone loves to hate Shola but I still stand by that original statement. Shola on his very best days was a damn difficult striker to play against. Strength, power, shot, out of nowhere some deft touches. Has Mitrovic had a game for us where he's been more than a solid 7? Even those have come around sparingly.

Whatever striker he becomes has no baring on this argument.

Will he stay when we go down?

No.

Thanks

Not so long ago he was considered one of the best young prospects in Europe. Porto & Roma were both credited with a strong interest in him. Whilst he is still very raw and runs like he is carrying a piano on his back, he still has lots of potential, and you can't realistically see someone who not long ago was thought of so highly throughout Europe wanting to stay and scrap in the Championship. One of those two sides could afford him, Russian or Ukranian sides could easily afford him and probably offer Champions League football too, he certainly won't be short of suitors or offers.

Him and Perez are pretty much the only two players in our squad i care about and would love him to stay, just seems very unlikely.