Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Peter Lovenkrands scored goals in the Championship. End of discussion. He'd blitz it.

Lovenkrands' and Mitrovic's goal rates are pretty comparable in the Premier League. The former also had a turn of pace and was a neat finisher. Shola would be a better comparison but again, he was a much more accomplished finisher than Mitrovic.

He'd score some goals, for sure, but I doubt he'd destroy/blitz it. We're not gonna airkick our way to promotion.

Shola's best ever season in the top flight was 9 in 30 and that was at his peak in the mid 2000s. Mitrovic is probably going to beat that in one of the worst seasons we've had in the last 30 years as an under 21 striker. Shola is a woeful comparison surely?

Peter Lovenkrands scored goals in the Championship. End of discussion. He'd blitz it.

Lovenkrands' and Mitrovic's goal rates are pretty comparable in the Premier League. The former also had a turn of pace and was a neat finisher. Shola would be a better comparison but again, he was a much more accomplished finisher than Mitrovic.

He'd score some goals, for sure, but I doubt he'd destroy/blitz it. We're not gonna airkick our way to promotion.

Shola's best ever season in the top flight was 9 in 30 and that was at his peak in the mid 2000s. Mitrovic is probably going to beat that in one of the worst seasons we've had in the last 30 years as an under 21 striker. Shola is a woeful comparison surely?

agreed, mitro will probably hit double figures this season, in his first season in the league, in a god awful team.

the original comment is very harsh/negative, but the lovenkrads/shola comparisons are worse.

(Pretty sure shola averaged better than 1 in 2 in the championship as well!)

He scored 9 in about 30 appearances including off the bench. He was useful squad member capable of pinching a goal here and there; a role Mitrovic should've had.

He scored 9 in 45 appearances.  Mitrovic has 8 in 27.

Can someone tell me what outstanding qualities Mitrovic has over Shola?

Come off it.

Mitrovic is a thousand times better at holding off defenders receiving the ball to feet or in the air and then linking play.

Not to mention basic workrate. Pressing defenders getting back to help defensively.

Please don't do this.

Mitro can't hold off a defender that weighs more than about 50kilos.

Comparisons aside, he's fairly pants and I doubt he'll pull up any trees in the Championship. If he even stays. Which I don't think he will.

Yorkie is on crack tbh. Even if you hated Mitro you'd have no trouble seeing how he is a better footballer than Shola fucking Ameobi.

How though? :lol: Putting a 'fucking' in his name isn't a convincing argument. Bare in mind I actually said Shola at his best, who was a fair handful.

Yorkie is on crack tbh. Even if you hated Mitro you'd have no trouble seeing how he is a better footballer than Shola fucking Ameobi.

How though? :lol: Putting a 'fucking' in his name isn't a convincing argument. Bare in mind I actually said Shola at his best, who was a fair handful.

Goal rate, general play, ability to position himself (though lacking the same ability as Shola when it comes to fucking jumping when necessary), ability to hold off opponents, ability to keep teammates in play (only for them to fuck all the effort up), ability to aid defensive play and then repositioning himself in attacking play quickly and man... just don't. It's so obvious how he's better, man :lol:

Shola was s**** most of the time but at his best he pisses all over Mitrovic.

dear me.

Still stand by that. On his day Shola was virtually unplayable. It didn't come around very often but Mitrovic hasn't hit anything like those (rare) levels of performance.