Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

It's super annoying that we've brought in Slimani, he's injured, probably won't play until Huddersfield, and Mitro has scored 5 goals in 2 weeks.

Typical Newcastle tbh.

In the Championship. Where Dwight Gayle was top scorer in the league. Where Shola Ameobi had a better than one in two record. It's such an irrelevant comparison man.

You not annoyed Slimani is injured? Been a real dud of a loan move so far. Hopefully he comes good (and there is time) but at the moment, it's not great.

You can argue about the merits of the Championship, but Mitro is currently in good form and looking sharp.

Well hindsight is a fantastic thing. When we signed Slimani he was supposed to be out for two weeks tops. You can't really legislate for injuries unless you are buying an injury prone player.

It's super annoying that we've brought in Slimani, he's injured, probably won't play until Huddersfield, and Mitro has scored 5 goals in 2 weeks.

Typical Newcastle tbh.

In the Championship. Where Dwight Gayle was top scorer in the league. Where Shola Ameobi had a better than one in two record. It's such an irrelevant comparison man.

You not annoyed Slimani is injured? Been a real dud of a loan move so far. Hopefully he comes good (and there is time) but at the moment, it's not great.

You can argue about the merits of the Championship, but Mitro is currently in good form and looking sharp.

Well hindsight is a fantastic thing. When we signed Slimani he was supposed to be out for two weeks tops. You can't really legislate for injuries unless you are buying an injury prone player.

That's fair enough, it's just been a shame so far.

There's time, and if he scores a few important goals, that help to keep us up, it's all good.

Typical Newcastle tbh.

Mitro still has the best goals to minutes ratio in the Premier League for us.

Or doesn’t that count/matter either?

What he did in a completely different team 2 years ago isn't really that relevant.......anyway, take away the 2 pens he got and his record is 1 in 3, identical to Gayle.

FWIW, even though I don't rate him, I think he should have had more of a chance this season. Certainly letting him go without a fit replacement is looking like a poor decision at the minute.

Do you want to enlighten me?

You're comparing Rafa and Fergie even though they couldn't be any more different from each other? That includes anything from football philosophy, to transfer budget to control of the club.

Doesn’t make any difference when you are circling the bowl what your philosophy is. You use every resource available to you and you certainly don’t get rid of options now, you wait until the summer. While I’m not saying Mitrovic could save us,  Are you happy that we could be relegated on Rafa’s point of principle?

It might be Rafa's point of principle that keeps us up yet. All you can do is hope he knows what he's doing better than we do, and you are talking about one of the most highly respected managers in recent history.

I hear you and I keep trying to tell myself the same thing. Week after week.

Why are we taking his penalties away? :lol:

Talking about pens, I think the penny might have dropped for Rafa when Joselu missed that penalty against Burnley. He hasn't started since, and if there's one thing I think Rafa got wrong it's judging his character. I just don't think he's a big match player whereas Mitro is, regardless of any other attributes.

but why but why but why but why *furiously tugs weird little serbian pud* why joselu why why but why not mitro *is a nonce* why why wahhhhhh WAHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH *sound of 5000 screaming babies in an echo chamber*

EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. :lol:

:thup:

Why are we taking his penalties away? :lol:

Talking about pens, I think the penny might have dropped for Rafa when Joselu missed that penalty against Burnley. He hasn't started since, and if there's one thing I think Rafa got wrong it's judging his character. I just don't think he's a big match player whereas Mitro is, regardless of any other attributes.

I think you're right. Mitrovic's mentality comes under question a fair bit, but I think he has that something else about him that serves him/the team well in big games (and from now till the end of the season all we have are big games). Ironically that 'something else' may also be the thing that prevented Rafa from giving him the chance to play, as he would perhaps be more inclined to take things into his own hands; discarding the manager's instructions on certain occasions. I can understand the thinking though if this is the case, as Benitez would probably rather be in control as much as possible given the fine margins we're dealing with.

Typical Newcastle tbh.

Shola has 12 goals in 32 games in the Championship and Chris Wood was the top scorer last season...

but why but why but why but why *furiously tugs weird little serbian pud* why joselu why why but why not mitro *is a nonce* why why wahhhhhh WAHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH *sound of 5000 screaming babies in an echo chamber*

EVERY. f***ing. DAY. :lol:

Strange post. There wouldn't be any discussion about Mitrovic if our top striker had managed more than 5 goals all season. Or if we didn't look useless in front of goal every week.

Strange post. There wouldn't be any discussion about Mitrovic if our top striker had managed more than 5 goals all season. Or if we didn't look useless in front of goal every week.

To call what's gone on the last 100 pages or so a "discussion" is generous on a level I didn't know existed.

Discussions usually have finish lines. Outcomes. Not circular arguing by people talking past each other with fingers in their ears going "la la la can't hear you." Not one single step of progress has been made towards consensus or answering the plaintive mating cry of the blue tailed mitrononce as it warbles "but why, but why" in its nest. 

It's all very pointless. As is complaining about it, I'm aware. But I've got it off my chest now, so as you were.

Well said, Thomas. I suspect some people have reached a conclusion which has been influenced by what others have said, both here and in interviews/elsewhere. Main thing for me is it is nice to see Mitro thriving. Good for him, good for us.

Mitrovic's career isn't at a finish line so why would a discussion about him have one yet??

People were saying he wouldn't be prolific even at that level. This is his first proper run of games where he's first choice and knowing he's not being dropped regardless of if he scores or not. People were writing him off as s*** and "worse than Billy Whitehurst" as early as the Arsenal game. This was a 21 year old who'd just joined. Pathetic as f*** and they'd ignore any talk of him maybe coming good one day. Why wouldn't people change opinion over time of a bloke who still has 4-6 years before he enters his peak years.

Typical Newcastle tbh.

Shola has 12 goals in 32 games in the Championship and Chris Wood was the top scorer last season...

He got 10 in 18 in his only Championship season with us. I wasn't talking about his time at Bolton when he was fucking 34  :lol:

To call what's gone on the last 100 pages or so a "discussion" is generous on a level I didn't know existed.

Discussions usually have finish lines. Outcomes. Not circular arguing by people talking past each other with fingers in their ears going "la la la can't hear you." Not one single step of progress has been made towards consensus or answering the plaintive mating cry of the blue tailed mitrononce as it warbles "but why, but why" in its nest. 

It's all very pointless. As is complaining about it, I'm aware. But I've got it off my chest now, so as you were.

Why would you expect to reach an outcome, consensus, or finish line when you're talking about ever-changing scenarios such as a club's form and player selection? Last I checked this is a football forum. By your logic, we should shut down every thread on here because I don't see a consensus in any of them. The whole point of a forum is that people will exchange views, often opposing ones.

We have here a situation where our top scorer is on 5 goals, and looks unlikely to reach the 9 goals which a striker on our books - who has been farmed out on loan - reached in his first season in the Premier League at the age of 21. Now said striker is playing and scoring regularly - albeit at a lower level - and it's inevitable people will draw comparisons at a time when the club are desperate for goals.

We can't just throw toys out of the pram because people have opposing views.

Why would you expect to reach an outcome, consensus, or finish line when you're talking about ever-changing scenarios such as a club's form and player selection? Last I checked this is a football forum. By your logic, we should shut down every thread on here because I don't see a consensus in any of them. The whole point of a forum is that people will exchange views, often opposing ones.

We have here a situation where our top scorer is on 5 goals, and looks unlikely to reach the 9 goals which a striker on our books - who has been farmed out on loan - reached in his first season in the Premier League at the age of 21. Now said striker is playing and scoring regularly - albeit at a lower level - and it's inevitable people will draw comparisons at a time when the club are desperate for goals.

We can't just throw toys out of the pram because people have opposing views.

Spot on :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

thomas's point was that the argument hasn't changed, it's the same questions and the same answers over and over and over again and it has been for ages. Don't let that distinction stand in the way of yet more strawman 'my voice is being oppressed' bollocks though.

thomas's point was that the argument hasn't changed, it's the same questions and the same answers over and over and over again and it has been for ages. Don't let that distinction stand in the way of yet more strawman 'my voice is being oppressed' bollocks though.

But everytime he scores, or is shit, it strengthens an argument either way. If people don't want to read these arguments they can click a different thread, surely?