Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

His celebration after the second :lol: . He's such a daftie. Missed an open goal n'all in the first half. Great to see him doing so well at the same time as NUFC.

I was asking on the previous page if he'd become more clinical with his finishing or was he getting loads of chances. He's still missing open goals then?

Preston defender intercepted cross and the ball hit Mitrovic accidentally and almost went into the goal. "Missed an open goal" is just a blatant comment

Sorry for blatantly commenting. It was a difficult chance, granted.

[glow=limegreen,2,300]Try to comment more subtly in future.[/glow]

He wasn't playing for us anyway so I'm not sure there's a correlation between our form and him leaving.

I wasn't suggesting there was a correlation really. It's just interesting that there are so many complaints about him leaving and doing well, and yet we've only lost once since he's gone. I could understand it more if we'd lost every game while Mitro was banging them in for Fulham

Every goal scored just raises his value for when we sell him on, so this is great for us. Of course, there is the argument that he is still young and we should be keeping him, but scoring goals for Serbia and Fulham still isn't the same thing as scoring them in the Premier. Jury will remain out for me until he has a good campaign at that level. Maybe if Fulham get promoted and sign him, he can prove himself then.

If the rumours are true about not applying himself in training, it's a shame as he's only hindering himself. I think even as a goalscorer at this level he's the best option we have out of Joselu and Gayle - not that it's saying much, but I really hope for his sake and ours that he comes back more energised, positive and mature and is in a position to lead the line for us next season (assuming Ashley is here and we still have the same striking options of course).

If the rumours are true about not applying himself in training, it's a shame as he's only hindering himself. I think even as a goalscorer at this level he's the best option we have out of Joselu and Gayle - not that it's saying much, but I really hope for his sake and ours that he comes back more energised, positive and mature and is in a position to lead the line for us next season (finance dependant of course).

It's a shame for him and his career here. Not every manager he plays under will be as discerning and demanding as Rafa though, so he'll still be able to forge a good career for himself without changing his ways.

Personally I love the way Rafa has his standards and sticks to them regardless. I'd have lost a lot of respect for him if he'd caved under fan pressure and started Mitro. It's the kind of shit Pardew would do, the gutless simpleton!

Just out of interest, have any Rafa "rejects" from his time in other jobs gone on to big success at other clubs? He takes a lot of flak for Xabi Alonso obviously, but he wasn't really a reject and there were other circumstances.

What? Try more than two strikers when your struggling for goals?

No, continually tell Mitro that he isn't being picked because of his lack of effort in training and needs to step it up, and then play him anyway because the fans are kicking off.