Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

They were playing Bolivia in fairness. Bit his goal scoring record has been very good recently.

I think Rafa has made his mind up BUT.. he could eventually realise that there’s a player in there who could be class for us in a Rafa team.

Lad's been in absolutely unreal form this year; I thought he was done at NUFC with no way back but surely he's worth another look at this point?

I thought he was finished at NUFC too, but I think we might have to give him another go.

We are being quoted prices for strikers that the club simply won't pay.

I'm not convinced he'll be leaving tbh. If Rafa's future is in doubt, then I can see Ashley wanting to hang onto him as an increasing value asset because of his age. The only risk to that would be a disappointing season in the Premier. 

Right now, I feel we should try keep him and offload one if not both of Joselu and Gayle.. i have no confidence in them to carry a goal threat for us in an entire season again.

And, I think there is no f***ing way Fat Mike will let Rafa use every penny from the sale of Mitro..

He’ll never be worth more....

That's my view since I don't think he's as effective in the Premier as he is in either the championship or international football where you can come up against weaker defenders. But I can see the argument that he's still young so might do better this time round. Not convinced personally, but it's possible.

Always find it unreasonably annoying when Tron just types 'the Premier'.

I'm sure Joey pulled me up about it as well but at least you've acknowledged it's unreasonable. :lol:

Will probably be a De Jong situation. He'll come back in pre-season, look like he's in the manager's plans, then leave late in the window.

Doubt he'll feature in preseason until Porto or Augsburg depending on when Serbia go out

Guest ElCid

Never going to happen in a month of sundays he will be sold well before the season starts. Rafa does not fancy him one jot and if a player like Joselu can get in the team before you then there is not a chance in hell for him having his career here extended.

Never going to happen in a month of sundays he will be sold well before the season starts. Rafa does not fancy him one jot and if a player like Joselu can get in the team before you then there is not a chance in hell for him having his career here extended.

Did you forget for a second who owns the club you support when you posted that?

Guest ElCid

Did you forget for a second who owns the club you support when you posted that?

As long as Rafa is here Mitrovic will be gone the manager picks the team not the owner and I’m certain Ashley is already rubbing his hands at that profit

Agree with the consensus that he'll be on his way as it's been clear from day one Rafa has never fancied him, probably for a variety of reasons, temperament, lack of mobility, attitude etc. However it is pretty galling to see him score continuously for Fulham and Serbia when we've had to watch Gayle and Joselu misfire all season.

Rafa has improved most if not all players in the current squad which makes it that bit more puzzling, he's such a good coach / man manager yet he clearly believes Mitro is a lost cause. Suppose the only silver lining is that if he keeps banging them in his price will just keep going up.

Guest Howaythetoon

To get the best out of Mitrovic here we would have to change our whole way of playing and it’s obvious what Rafa wants from his front players, energy, mobility and the ability to adapt roles, positions and tactics. I don’t think Mitrovic is that type of player and never will be. He’s basically an old style centre-forward. If he has a decent WC I can see a host of clubs being in for him, but if I were him I’d make the move to Fulham permanent as they play to his strengths, he has a manager who trusts him, fans who adore him and in the PL the level he needs to be proving himself at week in week out. I think he’d be a handful in Italy as well.