Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

It's not the rule though. Nowhere in the history of the rulebook does it state that studs showing = an automatic red card.

The only way it could be a red is if it's deemed malicious intent, which I think is complete bollocks personally.

The ref can deem it dangerous play though, otherwise we could appeal to have it rescinded, but I can guarantee we won't.

You know what it is, I wish he actually did go in for him with malice, I wish he broke his fucking leg and ended his career. The guy was rolling all over the entire game, watch the 'tackle' in the 25th minute from Thauvin, Thauvin was nowhere near him, he went down 2 seconds later and Thauvin got a booking.

I'm sorry like, I disagree with anyone who says that wasn't a red. By the letter of the law it was as clear a red card as you'll see. And I thought Sissoko thoroughly deserved the yellow early on as well. Thought the red did fine to be honest. Embarrassing hearing our fans chanting all that stuff at the ref when in reality he's had a decent game.

Mitrovic needs to do better...simple. He's only got himself to blame.

Agreed in full, however its a damn shame the letter of the law is fully applied to us yet favourable teams get away with it game on game. Its the consistency that annoys me. The ref today was spot on apart from the pen and the colo booking.

Also he was booking our players for every niggly foul and letting arsenal ones slide. So I would hardly call him spot on like, even if the Mitrovic decision can't really be argued.

Anita was booked for niggly fouls, he made 4 of them up to the booking. Don't think you could say that about any others.

exactly, even if i agreed with the mitrovic decision he still had a fucking awful game in terms of consistency

you can't just throw yourself to the ground and get free kicks like, that was their gameplan from the start and obviously AW is smart enough to know a malleable ref when he see's one

It's not the rule though. Nowhere in the history of the rulebook does it state that studs showing = an automatic red card.

The only way it could be a red is if it's deemed malicious intent, which I think is complete bollocks personally.

The ref can deem it dangerous play though, otherwise we could appeal to have it rescinded, but I can guarantee we won't.

It was no-where near rash enough to be considered wreckless though. I agree we'll never get it rescinded, it'll be viewed as malicious intent as he's apparently a massive nutcase and purposefully missing the ball to instead lightly scrape a defensive midfielder's shinpad is obviously something he'd be well into.

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6343434.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/PAY-Newcastle-vs-Arsenal.jpg

get f***ed man, seriously :lol:

he's not moving when it happens, this is madness, i'm out, everyone has lost their f***ing minds...watch cazorla...he's laughing about it because he's knows it was f***ing stupid

I'm not denying that it's a stupid rule, but it's the rule, so it's a red. I really don't see how anyone can argue against that. Don't think it was particularly dangerous, but it was a red card.

watch the replay on video, he's hardly moving, has no momentum and no intent to hurt the lad...he misses the ball and the moment he makes contact pulls his foot out then carries on like nothing happened, because it didn't :lol:

But when your studs make contact with another player and you are both going in for a challenge it doesn't take a whole lot of momentum to do some damage, even a graze can cause a nasty gash. I'm sure you must know this.

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6343434.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/PAY-Newcastle-vs-Arsenal.jpg

he's not moving when it happens, this is madness, i'm out, everyone has lost their f***ing minds...watch cazorla...he's laughing about it because he's knows it was f***ing stupid

I'm not denying that it's a stupid rule, but it's the rule, so it's a red. I really don't see how anyone can argue against that. Don't think it was particularly dangerous, but it was a red card.

watch the replay on video, he's hardly moving, has no momentum and no intent to hurt the lad...he misses the ball and the moment he makes contact pulls his foot out then carries on like nothing happened, because it didn't :lol:

But when your studs make contact with another player and you are both going in for a challenge it doesn't take a whole lot of momentum to do some damage, even a graze can cause a nasty gash. I'm sure you must know this.

as is every header that two people go up for and so on...he did very, very little wrong except perhaps not notice how bias the ref was going to be the moment he booked sissoko

you can peddle the dangerous bollocks all you want but we all know it wasn't, "dangerous" isn't there to stop you getting a scratch or some stud marks, it's there to stop a broken leg and mitro's challenge was not even close to being near that

as is every header that two people go up for and so on...he did very, very little wrong except perhaps not notice how bias the ref was going to be the moment he booked sissoko

you can peddle the dangerous bollocks all you want but we all know it wasn't, "dangerous" isn't there to stop you getting a scratch or some stud marks, it's there to stop a broken leg and mitro's challenge was not even close to being near that

If you think he's done nowt wrong there, then I hope you enjoy watching him sitting in the stands, because if he keeps missing tackles he's going to see a lot more cards.

If you think he's done nowt wrong there, then I hope you enjoy watching him sitting in the stands, because if he keeps missing tackles he's going to see a lot more cards.

watch cazorla laughing about how bad a decision it was mate, should tell you all you need to know

i'm not saying it a 4th fucking time

Even the still (which tends to make things look worse) doesn't convince me it's a red. There's no momentum there at all.

He's stretched to get the ball, and is slightly late. Clumsy, yeah. But straight red?

Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg a few years ago simply going for the ball. He was given a red card and Arsenal fans have hated him ever since. The rest of the football world looked at it and realised that it was just misfortune, both players went for the ball, there was no malice, possibly not even a foul. Ramsey even came out and said so after the incident.

Mitrovic's red card is very much like that, both players have the right to go for the ball, if one gets hurt it's down to misfortune. The funny thing is, and it's a point that no one will pick up on, but if Mitrovic had pulled out of that challenge for the ball, then Coquelin is going in on him and possibly doing damage to his ankle.

Surprised Shearer thought it was a definite red, mind. Easily a yellow and Mitrovic needs to learn how to harness his aggression.

Shearer got told off from the BBC for being too nice to us after his first season working for them, since then he's always gone with the popular opinion to prevent him from being disciplined.

Surprised Shearer thought it was a definite red, mind. Easily a yellow and Mitrovic needs to learn how to harness his aggression.

Shearer got told off from the BBC for being too nice to us after his first season working for them, since then he's always gone with the popular opinion to prevent him from being disciplined.

What? :lol:

watch cazorla laughing about how bad a decision it was mate, should tell you all you need to know

And I already said it was a harsh decision, but if the ref gives it as a red you don't really have an argument against it when he's landed his studs on the player's shin. I'm not saying it a 4th fucking time either. It's not 1990 any more, the refs are expected to clamp down on anything that might be deemed dangerous. That's just the game these days.

And I already said it was a harsh decision, but if the ref gives it as a red you don't really have an argument against it when he's landed his studs on the player's shin. I'm not saying it a 4th fucking time either. It's not 1990 any more, the refs are expected to clamp down on anything that might be deemed dangerous. That's just the game these days.

"dangerous"

img_2207.jpg

Shearer as a pundit is a complete wanker and I've lost an awful lot of respect for him over the years since he stopped playing.

What? :lol:

Honestly, watch him, he never disagree's with the rest of them.  Alan Hansen used to disagree with the rest of the presenters a lot, now it's just all of them making a point, and all agreeing. There is no debate on MOTD anymore.

Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg a few years ago simply going for the ball. He was given a red card and Arsenal fans have hated him ever since. The rest of the football world looked at it and realised that it was just misfortune, both players went for the ball, there was no malice, possibly not even a foul. Ramsey even came out and said so after the incident.

Mitrovic's red card is very much like that, both players have the right to go for the ball, if one gets hurt it's down to misfortune. The funny thing is, and it's a point that no one will pick up on, but if Mitrovic had pulled out of that challenge for the ball, then Coquelin is going in on him and possibly doing damage to his ankle.

I said at the time that Shawcross's challenge was dangerous, if anything Mitrovic's was nowhere near as dangerous, but refs are giving less leeway these days because of legs being snapped in half when you miss these tackles.

I said at the time that Shawcross's challenge was dangerous, if anything Mitrovic's was nowhere near as dangerous, but refs are giving less leeway these days because of legs being snapped in half when you miss these tackles.

Ha, no way was it, two players going for the ball.

It was stupid but there didn't seem to be any intent to hurt Coquelin which makes the difference to me. Thought the referee was generally very harsh today for no good reason which in turn yields a terrible football match.