Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I'm sorry like, I disagree with anyone who says that wasn't a red. By the letter of the law it was as clear a red card as you'll see. And I thought Sissoko thoroughly deserved the yellow early on as well. Thought the red did fine to be honest. Embarrassing hearing our fans chanting all that stuff at the ref when in reality he's had a decent game.

Mitrovic needs to do better...simple. He's only got himself to blame.

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

missed the "decent game" bit there :lol:

aw man

Haha...you can argue all the like about it man. Fact is, the rules are the rules and Mitrovic did something that IS a red card. No denying. Whether it was harsh/clumsy or not is irrelevant really.

You'd be hard pushed to find many neutral fans watching that who disagreed with much that the red did, barring a few harsh yellows after the red card.

well our manager has just gone on telly and said the same as everyone else, if the laws were that clear would he have done so?

it was clumsy, there was no intent whatsoever, it was a bullshit sending off man

EDIT: oh yeah and if you think the ref had a decent game there you're utterly, utterly deluded like

Mate of course the manager is defending Mitrovic, rightly so, it's his player and it wasn't malicious, but at the same time, it was dangerous. I'd be fucking livid if McClaren didn't defend his players in public. :lol:

i'm genuinely saddened at some of the reactions here, he's 20 years old man and has just been sent off on 15 minutes for what at worst can be described as a clumsy challenge

years gone by we'd all be behind him, now we're falling over ourselves to find reasons why a clearly dodgy reffing performance was in fact a good one

fuck off

Eh? Of course we're behind him, but we need him to be on the pitch and not sat watching in the stands to get behind him. We could always try appealing against the red, but do you honestly think it's going to get overturned?

It being overturned is more of an issue of how corrupt and unaccountable referees are these days.

You could argue it was harsh and you would have a point, you could argue it was dangerous and you would still have a point. It's not clear cut unfortunately, and his being involved in a few of similar challenges has gone against him. Tackling with your studs up is always going to be dicey, he's going to have to cut that out.

tell me how it was dangerous please...he was essentially standing and had no momentum whatsoever, he tried to nick the ball but his natural motion took him down onto the lads leg when the ball went

studs up and all that shit was meant for something very different, no way the lad could get hurt from that challenge, none

Well maybe I am just imagining the rules have changed a bit since the days of Vinnie Jones, and these days if you miss the ball and rake someone's shins with your studs it's a good chance it might be a red.

he didn't "rake his legs", he stood where he landed after trying to get the ball and then took his foot away thinking nothing of it :lol:

I'm sorry like, I disagree with anyone who says that wasn't a red. By the letter of the law it was as clear a red card as you'll see. And I thought Sissoko thoroughly deserved the yellow early on as well. Thought the red did fine to be honest. Embarrassing hearing our fans chanting all that stuff at the ref when in reality he's had a decent game.

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

aw man

Haha...you can argue all the like about it man. Fact is, the rules are the rules and Mitrovic did something that IS a red card. No denying. Whether it was harsh/clumsy or not is irrelevant really.

You'd be hard pushed to find many neutral fans watching that who disagreed with much that the red did, barring a few harsh yellows after the red card.

well our manager has just gone on telly and said the same as everyone else, if the laws were that clear would he have done so?

it was clumsy, there was no intent whatsoever, it was a bullshit sending off man

EDIT: oh yeah and if you think the ref had a decent game there you're utterly, utterly deluded like

Mate of course the manager is defending Mitrovic, rightly so, it's his player and it wasn't malicious, but at the same time, it was dangerous. I'd be fucking livid if McClaren didn't defend his players in public. :lol:

dangerous bollocks man, planet soft cunt :lol:

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

aw man

A few harsh yellows and failure to give the same treatment for the same challenge by arsenal add up to an abysmal performance to me.  Ask the same neutral fans when they're being hamstrung by a shit one-sided harsh performance if they think the ref has had a great performance and see if they're in agreement.

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

aw man

A few harsh yellows and failure to give the same treatment for the same challenge by arsenal add up to an abysmal performance to me.  Ask the same neutral fans when they're being hamstrung by a shit one-sided harsh performance if they think the ref has had a great performance and see if they're in agreement.

:thup:

fuck this shit man, so many fans pardewed into taking whatever we get and lapping it up with a biscuit :lol:

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

aw man

Yeah, welcome to 2015 :lol:

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

aw man

so do you think it was actually dangerous or are you quoting some stupid fucking rule?  because "studs up" and "raking studs" are technically both dangerous in certain circumstances but mitrovic did neither and the player was in no danger whatsoever

this is surely the crux of the matter?

second yellow?  aye alright, straight red?  get fucked

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

aw man

so do you think it was actually dangerous or are you quoting some stupid fucking rule?  because "studs up" and "raking studs" are technically both dangerous in certain circumstances but mitrovic did neither and the player was in no danger whatsoever

I think I've said how I saw it plenty of times now, his studs ended up in someone's shins, and that's usually interpreted as dangerous play by the refs these days intentional or not. He might have got away with it if he hadn't been involved in reckless challenges before today. Rules have changed and are generally applied a lot more harshly these days and that's the same for everyone.

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

aw man

I think I've said how I saw it plenty of times now, his studs ended up in someone's shins, and that's usually interpreted as dangerous play by the refs these days intentional or not. He might have got away with it if he hadn't been involved in reckless challenges before today. Rules have changed and are generally applied a lot more harshly these days and that's the same for everyone.

don't have replays but i'd argue this isn't correct from the clips i watched

It isn't a red card. Unfortunately he's a marked man as far as refs are concerned, and he will get reds that other players won't. He's gonna have to be aware of that.

I can see how it looks bad if you think he went in for a leg breaker. But it's quite clear it's just a clumsy challenge. His studs are pointing down and he's gone for the ball. It's a yellow but it's never a straight red. You see those all the time.

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

aw man

I thin you'll find that there'll be photos which prove it is before too long.

It's a soft red clearly and I certainly wouldn't give it but even if the ref gave a yellow it's not good to have a striker getting a yellow card in most games. He's going to be a bit of a liability until he stops flying into challenges

It isn't a red card. Unfortunately he's a marked man as far as refs are concerned, and he will get reds that other players won't. He's gonna have to be aware of that.

I can see how it looks bad if you think he went in for a leg breaker. But it's quite clear it's just a clumsy challenge. His studs are pointing down and he's gone for the ball. It's a yellow but it's never a straight red. You see those all the time.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Harsh red but not exactly unexpected given the studs connected and it was high and it was Mitrovic. He's only 20 and is too eager to impress and get going. He just needs to calm down. He's a marked man now though. The club have to come out and protect him and fans need to be patient too.

I was so looking forward to seeing him as well. From what I saw though he looks clumsy and one paced.

It's a soft red clearly and I certainly wouldn't give it but even if the ref gave a yellow it's not good to have a striker getting a yellow card in most games. He's going to be a bit of a liability until he stops flying into challenges

That's how I saw it, a soft red. The ref could have let it go, but you can bet if he had there would have been plenty shouting in the studio that it was a red. You have to make sure you don't give refs a chance to do that these days, hopefully he'll learn from this.

Go and watch Rugby, ffs.

aw man

I thin you'll find that there'll be photos which prove it is before too long.

well i'd be amazed if they exist because i sat and watched mitro's foot land half on top of the other lads foot and half up his shin, as soon as he "hit" he pulled away and the arsenal pricked rolled around like he'd been murdered