Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Doubt his agent would be agitating if he'd outright said he wants to stay full stop. May just be keeping his options open in the eventuality no signings arrive, players are sold and none arrive (albeit positive to snag Kennedy) but I'm not convinced he would totally rule out a big pay-rise as well as escape from the clown show. He may also be very upset not to get a look-in for England. Not sure why he'd pick West Ham mind.

For the record the Club should not sell at any price, we would fall apart without him and would not replace him in all likelihood. If we are offered more than £30m we will sell however.

London has a massive pull on players decisions, not all players but it does have a big pull.  Hence why some Northern clubs have to payer a high a wage to attract players.

As a young lad with basically unlimited funds I couldn't imagine there being many better places to live that London like. I love Newcastle obviously but there's hardly a comparison, unless it's a quieter life someone is after.

There was stuff mentioned last week that Rafa had requested a new contract for Jamaal even though he had only recently signed one. He sees it as supporting the players when they improve. They get better he backs them to get more from their deal. I do wonder if this has something to do with agents trying to force the clubs hand. Show a willingness to stay by signing a new contract as well as the club showing they want to keep you by offering it. We'll see I guess. Either way £20m is embarrassing and insulting to the player.

I have faith we’ll turn down big fees, the fear is I’m guessing he’s on about £70-80k a week here, if West Ham are offering £100-125k a week, I doubt we’re going to match it. That’s where his agent will be pulling at him.

London has a massive pull on players decisions, not all players but it does have a big pull.  Hence why some Northern clubs have to payer a high a wage to attract players.

Bollocks. London clubs pay more seeing as it costs 2 grand a month to live in a shed, here.

Bollocks. London clubs pay more seeing as it costs 2 grand a month to live in a shed, here.

Its well known Northern clubs have had to pay more to get bigger players.

Bollocks. London clubs pay more seeing as it costs 2 grand a month for a shed to live in here.

If you're on £80k/w+ I don't think you're really sweating over living expenses

Foreign players mostly, as they have more amenities available, don't think British players are as bothered.

Bollocks. London clubs pay more seeing as it costs 2 grand a month for a shed to live in here.

If you're on £80k/w+ I don't think you're really sweating over living expenses

People say this, but the more you earn the more expensive life gets mate.

Way to low offer, but I understand why they are testing the water, Ashley might accept something like 30-35 for him, buy cheap, sell high. Textbook.

He sold Andy Carroll before all the top flight money for that much. No chance he'd sell that cheap. He may be happy to sell players (though to be fair usually only when we get relegated) but he tends to get their true worth for them.

Foreign players mostly, as they have more amenities available, don't think British players are as bothered.

I think plenty of British players are bothered, but I think it's more the ones who have never spent more than 10 minutes in Newcastle that just assume it's a barren wasteland full of dole monkeys and bh home bargains's's. Basically they think the North is just an array of Sunderlands.

Way to low offer, but I understand why they are testing the water, Ashley might accept something like 30-35 for him, buy cheap, sell high. Textbook.

He sold Andy Carroll before all the top flight money for that much. No chance he'd sell that cheap. He may be happy to sell players (though to be fair usually only when we get relegated) but he tends to get their true worth for them.

Apart from when Kinnear accidentally sold Cabaye too cheaply

Apart from when Kinnear accidentally sold Cabaye too cheaply

Hahaha I forgot about that deal

I think plenty of British players are bothered, but I think it's more the ones who have never spent more than 10 minutes in Newcastle that just assume it's a barren wasteland full of dole monkeys and bh home bargains's's. Basically they think the North is just an array of Sunderlands.

I really don't agree, most Brits from other parts of the country see Newcastle as the premier northern city, the sunderlands and middlesbroughs are like the bogs and marshes on the way. Or maybe that's just my perception, I always thought we were a little bit special and everyone else saw us like Kevin Keegan did.

I really don't agree, most Brits from other parts of the country see Newcastle as the premier northern city, the sunderlands and middlesbroughs are like the bogs and marshes on the way. Or maybe that's just my perception, I always thought we were a little bit special and everyone else saw us like Kevin Keegan did.

He did great when managing Málaga and Villarreal, but struggled at really big clubs like Madrid or City. I'm not sure what went wrong for him at City (although he did win stuff), but at Madrid he just couldn't handle the politics. He's very tactically-minded - he's not called "the engineer" for nowt - but I don't mean that as an euphemism for "defensive", his teams always had a fair bit of flair. Think of him as a less extreme, non-insane, version of Bielsa.

:lol: I mean, not to be harsh, but I think this is one of the reasons for the deluded geordie stereotype. I don't believe people who have spent little time up here think that Newcastle is special in any way. It's just a norvern town really far away from everything. Especially for those who were born in London.