Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

It’d be typical of Ashley to sell one of our best players for far less than what he’s worth.

??

I get the bit about Ashley selling anything if he gets the price he wants, but not about selling for less than something's worth. It's not one of his obvious traits.

This is why Rafa is special. Within a couple of hours of the story breaking, he lays down the gauntlet.

Now let's compare this behaviour to Pardew's...

"Every player's fo saWe, innit, we can never rule out outgoings, we're not Soufampton or a sovereign power..."

This is why Rafa is special. Within a couple of hours of the story breaking, he lays down the gauntlet.

Now let's compare this behaviour to Pardew's...

"Every player's fo saWe, innit, we can never rule out outgoings, we're not Soufampton or a sovereign power..."

In fairness, Pardew did say similar about Carroll.... twice - the 2nd time just days before he was sold.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9308072.stm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8263133/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-insists-Andy-Carroll-is-not-for-sale-amid-reports-of-30-million-Tottenham-bid.html

Sadly, if the right / high enough bid comes in, it doesn't matter what the manager says or wants, it what the owner does that matters.

Pardew though, did just fall into policy line after that, which Rafa clearly wont.

If someone offered say 50 or 60 million I could see us taking it and Rafa may consider it if he thought that money could be used to improve us more than keeping him. If he got the money we received of course ?

50-60mil i dont think any of us would be to upset, id hate to see him go but id also pull their arm of taking it  :)

Yip it would be excellent money. We shouldn't consider selling for under 40 given current market

50-60mil i dont think any of us would be to upset, id hate to see him go but id also pull their arm of taking it  :)

We’d all be upset. Far more valuable than cash in the bank. Even £100m wouldn’t be worth it.

With him leaving not the money, didnt we only pay a mil or so for him and darlow

8 million for both iirc

Ok fair enough, niceone bud  O0

just checked and ssn say 7mil

London has a massive pull on players decisions, not all players but it does have a big pull.  Hence why some Northern clubs have to payer a high a wage to attract players.

Bollocks. London clubs pay more seeing as it costs 2 grand a month to live in a shed, here.

Its well known Northern clubs have had to pay more to get bigger players.

Foreign players mostly, as they have more amenities available, don't think British players are as bothered.

I think plenty of British players are bothered, but I think it's more the ones who have never spent more than 10 minutes in Newcastle that just assume it's a barren wasteland full of dole monkeys and bh home bargains's's. Basically they think the North is just an array of Sunderlands.

I really don't agree, most Brits from other parts of the country see Newcastle as the premier northern city, the sunderlands and middlesbroughs are like the bogs and marshes on the way. Or maybe that's just my perception, I always thought we were a little bit special and everyone else saw us like Kevin Keegan did.

:lol: I mean, not to be harsh, but I think this is one of the reasons for the deluded geordie stereotype. I don't believe people who have spent little time up here think that Newcastle is special in any way. It's just a norvern town really far away from everything. Especially for those who were born in London.

You're not taking the football factor into it, players know that this is a football city and that counts for something, that's why we have been able to attract big managers down the years IMO. If you want to talk about deluded Geordies you need to look at these guys who are thinking anyone's going to offer £50-60m or make that £100m in the posts before this one. :lol:

London has a massive pull on players decisions, not all players but it does have a big pull.  Hence why some Northern clubs have to payer a high a wage to attract players.

Bollocks. London clubs pay more seeing as it costs 2 grand a month to live in a shed, here.

Foreign players mostly, as they have more amenities available, don't think British players are as bothered.

I think plenty of British players are bothered, but I think it's more the ones who have never spent more than 10 minutes in Newcastle that just assume it's a barren wasteland full of dole monkeys and bh home bargains's's. Basically they think the North is just an array of Sunderlands.

I really don't agree, most Brits from other parts of the country see Newcastle as the premier northern city, the sunderlands and middlesbroughs are like the bogs and marshes on the way. Or maybe that's just my perception, I always thought we were a little bit special and everyone else saw us like Kevin Keegan did.

:lol: I mean, not to be harsh, but I think this is one of the reasons for the deluded geordie stereotype. I don't believe people who have spent little time up here think that Newcastle is special in any way. It's just a norvern town really far away from everything. Especially for those who were born in London.

You're not taking the football factor into it, players know that this is a football city and that counts for something, that's why we have been able to attract big managers down the years IMO. If you want to talk about deluded Geordies you need to look at these guys who are thinking anyone's going to offer £50-60m or make that £100m in the posts before this one. :lol:

If thats directed at me i wasnt saying they would just id be happy with that amount buddy  O0

Apart from nobody said that. I said he’s worth more to us on the pitch than any amount in the bank. But you knew that.

Way to low offer, but I understand why they are testing the water, Ashley might accept something like 30-35 for him, buy cheap, sell high. Textbook.

He sold Andy Carroll before all the top flight money for that much. No chance he'd sell that cheap. He may be happy to sell players (though to be fair usually only when we get relegated) but he tends to get their true worth for them.

Oh, I am sure he will hold out for top bucks. But I am 100% sure he will sell at the "right" price.