Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Love the way that half the posters on here have decided that Lascelles is now shit after lauding him up and bitching he wasn't playing for England. He's just not very good, never has been, he's committed for sure but limited on the ball, pretty slow and just not a very good defender.

Love the way that half the posters on here have decided that Lascelles is now shit after lauding him up and bitching he wasn't playing for England. He's just not very good, never has been, he's committed for sure but limited on the ball, pretty slow and just not a very good defender.

Absolutely this hes never been as good as people thought he was hes a bang average centre half and quite frankly no where near as good as Fernandez is

Guest neesy111

Love the way that half the posters on here have decided that Lascelles is now s*** after lauding him up and bitching he wasn't playing for England. He's just not very good, never has been, he's committed for sure but limited on the ball, pretty slow and just not a very good defender.

What happens if you never thought he was excellent in the first place?

Doylums can't decide who their chief scapegoat is. Soft Spanish mince Perez, or Ashley rimmer Lascelles.

Poor today was Jamaal, but there weren't many good ones amongst the 28. Much bigger issue is bringing the likes of Joselu & Manquillo. Truly dire players.

Guest neesy111

If all our players are fully fit Lascelles struggles to make the squad never mind the first team.

At this time, that's the answer.

He's a young captain, who is evidently struggling with the pressure this season. Of course everybody on here (not everybody) would have been ice cool at his age. I know I believe I would. But when they told me I couldn't play under the influence of 3 pills, and a couple of trips I'd shit mesel.

Guest neesy111

He's a young captain, who is evidently struggling with the pressure this season. Of course everybody on here (not everybody) would have been ice cool at his age. I know I believe I would. But when they told me I couldn't play under the influence of 3 pills, and a couple of trips I'd s*** mesel.

What.

Rusty. Looked clueless when playing three at the back and was at fault for both goals definitely. Needs some game time to recover form but that was horrendous. Rafa needs to find some consistency with the back line - this rotation between personnel and the rotation of 3 and 4 and 5 at the back just seems to be causing confusion.

He's a very good defender who has undergone a serious loss of form.

Whether it's due to the pressures of being Captain, the state of the club in general or something else, we just don't know.

I hope he turns it around soon, because at his peak, he's important for us.

As tempting as it would be for Rafa to drop him and revert to a flat 4, the fact he's the captain will probably prevent Rafa from doing that for now.  It must be weighing on Lascelles' mind that he owes Rafa a few performances, which probably doesn't help.

Seems to always have niggly injuries throughout a season. But he’s the skipper and is passionate, so maybe he comes back too early and plays when not 100%? I dunno, he doesn’t look as good as usual this season and seemed really immobile and hesitant today.

Might just be because Schar and Fernandez have looked so decent. I’m not sure. But I feel like he was most at fault for both goals today.

I like us with 3 at the back, but the 3 would almost certainly be Schar-Fernandez-Lejuene. Clark first backup for one of the side places, and Lascelles as Fernandez' backup.

If we are going to play 3 at the back all the time then we need to seriously upgrade both of our full backs as the creativity is practically zilch from the ones we have.

It was peak Danny Simpson, like. Everything was wrong with that. Ki leaving him for someone else because he’s on a card. Nobody else engaging him. Clark coming to cover nobody for some unknown reason and then running off again. Kenedy strolling back after just coming on, Ritchie not reacting to Doherty’s run and of course, Lascelles.

Such a shame. As they deserved no more than a point and we killed ourselves today.

Didnt we pay a couple of million for him and darlow what do people expect from a million pound defender? the others on the other hand schar fernandez look wicked. clark i cant decide on but even so looks alright compaired to jamall