Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

He's a very good defender who has undergone a serious loss of form.

Whether it's due to the pressures of being Captain, the state of the club in general or something else, we just don't know.

I hope he turns it around soon, because at his peak, he's important for us.

As tempting as it would be for Rafa to drop him and revert to a flat 4, the fact he's the captain will probably prevent Rafa from doing that for now.  It must be weighing on Lascelles' mind that he owes Rafa a few performances, which probably doesn't help.

Do we not? Has he not spoken in public about the negative impact (in his own mind) of the current situation?

It was peak Danny Simpson, like. Everything was wrong with that. Ki leaving him for someone else because he’s on a card. Nobody else engaging him. Clark coming to cover nobody for some unknown reason and then running off again. Kenedy strolling back after just coming on, Ritchie not reacting to Doherty’s run and of course, Lascelles.

Such a shame. As they deserved no more than a point and we killed ourselves today.

It was a colossal shit storm, but Lascelles needed to crunch him as soon as he crossed into our half.

Think some are going a bit over the top like. He’s had a few poor games by his usually solid standard. Seems like people are looking for faults due to the comments he made - he’s our captain, a young one at that and still a very important player, we need to stay behind him. Nobody benefits from this negative attitude towards him.

He's been poor and I wouldnt start him at the moment, but he'll come good again, he's young and has a lot of potential. I think he's probably been affected by the media storm over his comments plus he is returning from injury. I'm sure he'll return to being a decent player in the future.

I don’t get the impression that he would let them down without a valid reason, even if he did decide to keep the reason to himself. He’s been one of the players who goes out to hospitals to and other charity events and all off his own back.

Ok he’s had a bad spell recently, but he’ll come out the other side of it better and will pick up again.

I worry when he's on the ball. He just doesn't look confident with the ball, especially in comparison to our other 3/4 centre backs.

He seems to have lost all his confidence but if it's to do with the stick he got, it's entirely his own fault.

I still think he's a good player, when he's on form.

Used to think very highly of him, but the recent approach of backing Ashley, insulting the fans and suddenly turning his back on commitments without (apparently) valid reason is not a good look. Whatever this change in approach is from him, it's really impacting his performances - is he trying to alienate himself and leave? Part of me thinks he's got a bit big for his boots and should be fucked off.

Guest neesy111

Used to think very highly of him, but the recent approach of backing Ashley, insulting the fans and suddenly turning his back on commitments without (apparently) valid reason is not a good look. Whatever this change in approach is from him, it's really impacting his performances - is he trying to alienate himself and leave? Part of me thinks he's got a bit big for his boots and should be fucked off.

He's got too big for his own good, also for the first time at Newcastle he's on the back foot in terms of competition and form.