The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

But stats aren't all that matter, clearly. It's not fantasy football. Sanchez had ran out of steam a bit by that point and Ozil got them ticking (although Cazorla was also fantastic in this period). He's not a Roy of the Rovers player who's gonna be bursting a gut and smashing in screamers but he was a massive positive force in the vast majority of games in that period, culminating in the final where he was exceptional.

Arsenal have a brilliant midfield who didn't play well tonight individually, but that's not where their main problem is.

Arsenal put together a ridiculous run of form last season pretty much from the moment Ozil came back into the side after injury. To suggest he's being wrongly favoured over other players is a grudge-like opinion.

He scored 4 and assisted 3 in the league during that period (16 games). Not all that impressive when compared to someone like Colback who got 3 and 2 in the same time with all the associated handicaps.

You have to look at the games rather than just quoting stats. Iniesta doesn't score or assist that many and he's one of the best midfielders of all time

Ramsey infuriating because he doesn't stay disciplined in midfield? Sanchez one-dimensional? Not sure what you're keen to see instead.

These are some of the most talented (and certainly not one-dimensional ffs) players in the league. When all together Arsenal play the best football and go on long winning streaks. What costs them is when these players end up on the treatment table (as was the case in the early stages of last season) or they lack the killer, world class touch upfront somebody like Aguero always offers Man City.

Agree on the injuries and striker.

But Aaron Ramsey at RAM ends up in the same positions/areas as Ozil and they spend time passing to each other trying to slip intricate balls in.. they are very good players and it can work in more games than not but it's not the most efficient plan imo. Sanchez likewise likes to cut in to central areas. Then it's a bunch of them needing to play the most intricate football to create chances.

Arjen Robben is one of the best players of his generation. He's fairly one dimensional too.

If Ozil wasn't such a lazy cunt Germany probably would've won both world wars.

And even with that shame hanging over him he still can't be arsed to run around and win 50/50s in unthreatening positions. He doesn't even have a sleeve ffs.

Exactly, Ozil's role for Arsenal is closer to Iniesta's for Barcelona at his best. He sets the tempo for their play. He was more directly influential for Madrid but then he was a #10 who had Ronaldo and Higuain running in behind every 60 seconds.

Ramsey infuriating because he doesn't stay disciplined in midfield? Sanchez one-dimensional? Not sure what you're keen to see instead.

These are some of the most talented (and certainly not one-dimensional ffs) players in the league. When all together Arsenal play the best football and go on long winning streaks. What costs them is when these players end up on the treatment table (as was the case in the early stages of last season) or they lack the killer, world class touch upfront somebody like Aguero always offers Man City.

Agree on the injuries and striker.

But Aaron Ramsey at RAM ends up in the same positions/areas as Ozil and they spend time passing to each other trying to slip intricate balls in.. they are very good players and it can work in more games than not but it's not the most efficient plan imo. Sanchez likewise likes to cut in to central areas. Then it's a bunch of them needing to play the most intricate football to create chances.

Arjen Robben is one of the best players of his generation. He's fairly one dimensional too.

Maybe that is the case about Robben (as in he's a player who's truly exceptional at a handful of things) but it's not with Sanchez. He's a very varied player who offers loads of different stuff to a team at a good level; as is apparent when you compare the different ways he's played for Barca, Udinese, Arsenal and Chile.

Sanchez has shown he can play in a front two for a counter attacking side (Udinese), in a possession side as a wide forward looking to run in behind to score (Barca) and as an all round playmaker (for Arsenal but particularly Chile). He's got great work rate, an excellent dribbler, good vision, is a decent finisher, takes the odd free kick and is alright in the air when he fancies it. He's probably one of the worst examples of a one-dimensional player I could think of to be honest. If anything he's a jack of all trades, but that is a harsh way of putting it.

Ramsay shouldn't be playing anywhere other than central basically. It kind of works because they all interchange, but it's not ideal because it excludes more effective players in that position.

But he has no positional discipline to play CM. Just goes charging around doing whatever he likes leaving his CM buddy exposed. Sometimes impatient on the ball when deep too. Too much time watching Steven Gerrard. Some Arsenal fans seem to agree here:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/who-among-ramsey-%C3%96zil-cazorla-should-be-dropped.28384/page-8

Arsenal put together a ridiculous run of form last season pretty much from the moment Ozil came back into the side after injury. To suggest he's being wrongly favoured over other players is a grudge-like opinion.

He scored 4 and assisted 3 in the league during that period (16 games). Not all that impressive when compared to someone like Colback who got 3 and 2 in the same time with all the associated handicaps.

Oh, you were being sarcastic, I get it. Nice work,I got properly whooshed there.

For Arsenal at LAM - he's always coming into the middle to be met by his buddies Ozil (who is in position) and Ramsey (who is not). And today he was well marshalled by Clyne and would meet Lucas as well in that position. He didn't attempt to go at Clyne once on the outside. But IMO the bigger issue is Ramsey. When Sanchez makes his way to the middle, the only wide pass available is Bellerin who was cautious in attack for most of the game.

Giroud is absolute garbage man. Goodness me.

They might as well start Welbeck up there once he's back. Guaranteed to have more about him than lumbering slow Giroud.

Absolutely pants.

Rossiter, following in the footsteps of Flanagan, Spearing and a young Steven Gerrard in having a typical Scouse face.

Isn't Barkley part Nigerian?

Nigerian Grandfather, according to Wiki.

:lol: I cannot believe KaKa hasn't mentioned this.

No need to antagonise my English pals, as they have claimed him as their own.

However, when you see that power, pace and athleticism you already know what it is  ;)

Now if they can just rid him of his Nigerian decision making  :aww:

They might as well start Welbeck up there once he's back. Guaranteed to have more about him than lumbering slow Giroud.

Absolutely pants.

He'll score at least two on Saturday.

Rossiter, following in the footsteps of Flanagan, Spearing and a young Steven Gerrard in having a typical Scouse face.

However, when you see that power, pace and athleticism you already know what it is  ;)

Clearly the Nigerian genes

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Italy+v+Nigeria+9qJAn5KfErrl.jpg

Clearly the Nigerian genes

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Italy+v+Nigeria+9qJAn5KfErrl.jpg

That guy is 100% Geordie man.  :razz:

Absolutely pants.

He'll score at least two on Saturday.

I don't know about that, should fairly easy to snuff out their threat by sitting deep just like Liverpool did.