The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Well that was a bit of a let off. Another poor ineffective away display from Ronny.

He's no longer The Difference. Bale & Benzema look like better players away from home.  Tend to also score the first goals at home too.

This Real team still not touching the first 18 months of Ancelotti reign. Passing not there yet. Zidane doesn't look like a James man :(

Modric still the man though. D

Well that was a bit of a let off. Another poor ineffective away display from Ronny.

He's no longer The Difference. Bale & Benzema look like better players away from home.  Tend to also score the first goals at home too.

This Real team still not touching the first 18 months of Ancelotti reign. Passing not there yet. Zidane doesn't look like a James man :(

Modric still the man though. D

Bale has grown as a player over past few months. Probably one of the only players who seemed to improve under Benitez.

Zidane must be pretty pissed off with James. Outstanding last week, looked to gain his confidence, then follows it up with that pathetic showing tonight. Was rightly taking off.

I'm not convinced on Kroos either tbh. I'd like to see Casemiro back in the side. Won't happen though but that Madrid defence needs more protection than it's currently receiving.

The Modric-Kroos-Isco/James midfield has always been a terrible idea, but managers have to go with it because politics. Yeah, it works at the Bernabéu to tear hapless rivals to pieces, but not when on the road or when facing proper teams. They offer very little protection to the defense, and Madrid often concede goals because the opposition exploits the hole in there (like we did when we mauled them earlier in the season).

I always found it funny the stick Benítez got for playing Casemiro so much. They need a player like him.

The Modric-Kroos-Isco/James midfield has always been a terrible idea, but managers have to go with it because politics. Yeah, it works at the Bernabéu to tear hapless rivals to pieces, but not when on the road or when facing proper teams. They offer very little protection to the defense, and Madrid often concede goals because the opposition exploits the hole in there (like we did when we mauled them earlier in the season).

I always found it funny the stick Benítez got for playing Casemiro so much. They need a player like him.

Casemiro is anti-Madrid. I hate him. Kroos for Alonso looks like a bad idea. He's not as good defensively although more mobile and has quicker feet better for quick sharp interplay. Playing CM at Real is a humbling experience. There's no Masch, Parker or that Brazilian fella to do your donkey duty. You are the donkey and you gotta ball at the same damn time. Kroos always looks tired and fed up. Modric takes it on like the champ he is.

I think Kroos is the problem. Isco too perhaps.

Benitez played Casemiro and still drew too many games away from home. If you're not going to win, at least not win in the Madrid way.

I don't even see Barca dropping 7 points for the rest of the season unless 2 of the top 3 miss a number of games. Probably won't catch Atleti either. Let's just focus on the CL.

I do think this side remidns me of pre-Mourinho Real. Too soft at the back and tactically inflexible to do any damage in the CL. Interesting to see how Zidane lines up against top sides and his tactics.

Real just seem to resist any playing philosophy, or rather then they do get one they soon revert back to type. Same with Man City and PSG. Absolutely great on their day but I am confused as to what they are meant to be doing apart from just being better players than the other team. Mourinho had them as a devastating counter team which worked but was never going to ingratiate him to the fans and he also can't keep players on side long term. It's just the inevitable result of a revolving door coach policy where the players have all the power. It's why they want Zidane to be long term and be their guardiola but what are the chances that'll happen? And even if he is that good there's no way they'd let him offload star players like Guardiola did to make the team less divided.