The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Messi's absence can't explain this Barcelona performance. There's a total lack of leadership on the pitch, especially with Iniesta off injured. Mentally, this is extremely weak.

It can in a sense, as good as Neymar and Suarez are they can't create from deep like Messi can and everything they both do is in the box. Their entire team is built around that ok Rakitic and Iniesta are not going to do much in terms of creating for the forwards but it's ok because Messi will.

Their entire team is disjointed without him, he's not just their best goalscorer but he's also their best playmaker and if you stop Messi providing for the team they are quite toothless and pretty much everything goes through him.

Over in Barcelona with work and managed to go tonight, first time at the Nou Camp. Mit only a huge stadium but there's a whole ring of shops and attractions around it, so takes an age if you needbto getbto the opposite side. Natives were restless but amazing noise when Suarez scored. Then everyone was happy again, except the handful of people who left at 1-0. Good to see 'joder' and 'hijo de puta' working in Catalan as well.

VI, what was bring sung about 'catalan national' or something to that effect- obvious sentiment but couldnt figure out the words.

VI, what was bring sung about 'catalan national' or something to that effect- obvious sentiment but couldnt figure out the words.

You mean the independence chant? It's just "independence!" shout over and over. One word is about the average length of songs you'll hear at the Camp Nou.

You mean the independence chant? It's just "independence!" shout over and over. One word is about the average length of songs you'll hear at the Camp Nou.

I've noticed this the couple of times I've been. Woeful chants from a largely woeful support. In their defence the first time I went was probably a record for rainfall that night and the second time was quite possibly the coldest recorded night in Barcelona also :lol: Also due to the fact the game was on public TV that night it knocked 60,000 off the crowd :lol:

Has anyone ever qualified with just 6 points? Watch Arsenal lose home & away against Bayern, Dynamo & Olympiakos beat each other in their two games, then Arsenal win by 2 in both of their last two games. Would be relying on Bayern winning all 6 but wouldn't shock me if Arsenal got in still the lucky fucks.

I've noticed this the couple of times I've been. Woeful chants from a largely woeful support. In their defence the first time I went was probably a record for rainfall that night and the second time was quite possibly the coldest recorded night in Barcelona also :lol: Also due to the fact the game was on public TV that night it knocked 60,000 off the crowd :lol:

We produce a somewhat decent atmosphere in big games, but that's about it. The club tried to start a singing section, but local authorities blocked it because they feared it would facilitate hooligans banding together :rolleyes:

Watching City game. At the risk of tempting providence, Sterling looks a bit short at this level (quality, not stature, on latter looks a bit short on any level...). Toure also not on fire. However, Silva a joy to watch (Nobby fused with Gazza and "Pedro" -- our one).