The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Imagine, a club who demands attacking football sacking Ancelotti and replacing him with Benitez. It's like replacing Shearer with Emile Heskey if you want more goals from your strike partnership.

Yup. I know the environment is incessantly toxic and full to the brim with delusion and egomania, but forcing out one of the very best managers of the past couple of decades was impressive even by their standards.

Everton on their day are very good to watch.

Interesting to see if Barca buy Deulofeu back

There's a clip on Marca today claiming we are planning to do just that, but it's probably just paper talk at this point.

:lol: Honestly man, let another club have a decent player. Mercy, VI. Mercy.

Yeah we were pretty sexy yesterday, though Villa's defending was surprisingly terrible. I say it's a surprise as I was under the impression Garde had sorted that side of things out. If they're anywhere near as bad as yesterday on a regular basis then there's no way they're surviving.

Lukaku has this season has played like a £30m player. Last season he was frustrating but he has massively developed in the past few months and even if he's not the complete player currently, he's a bloody beast.

Personally I think that Lucho just doesn't like Deulofeu and it would take Messi-esque levels of performance for him to sign on Deulofeu coming back to Barça.

We might buy him back just to sell him to another club at a higher price, though. Madrid does that a lot with their players with buyback options.

Just Feyenoord vs Twente is on SS3.

Seriously, does anyone watch the Eredivisie games? I'd be amazed if MLS doesn't get more viewing figures.

Usually a canny amount of goals but that's more down to the school-yard defending.

Imagine, a club who demands attacking football sacking Ancelotti and replacing him with Benitez. It's like replacing Shearer with Emile Heskey if you want more goals from your strike partnership.

Yup. I know the environment is incessantly toxic and full to the brim with delusion and egomania, but forcing out one of the very best managers of the past couple of decades was impressive even by their standards.

It's seriously one of the worst managerial appointments I've seen. Benitez is just not a Real Madrid manager in any way, shape or form. I have no idea what they were thinking with that one.

Guest firetotheworks

I still can't believe that he wanted Gareth Barry over Xabi Alonso, never mind the nutter that wanted that being employed as Real Madrid Manager.

It's seriously one of the worst managerial appointments I've seen. Benitez is just not a Real Madrid manager in any way, shape or form. I have no idea what they were thinking with that one.

The narrative when they sacked Ancelotti was that he didn't rotate players and the team wasn't tactically drilled. Enter a manager famous for rotating players and putting tactics at the forefront, who also happens to be a local boy.

Benitez is one of the handful of managers in world football on-board the coaching carousel used by the biggest clubs. It was an appointment that screamed of a lack of imagination tbh. Unfortunately, no one has any patience for anything other than total and immediate success, otherwise Real might've been wise to appoint some young, promising manager and let him build his own team over a couple seasons, setting the club up for long-term success.

Benitez is one of the handful of managers in world football on-board the coaching carousel used by the biggest clubs. It was an appointment that screamed of a lack of imagination tbh. Unfortunately, no one has any patience for anything other than total and immediate success, otherwise Real might've been wise to appoint some young, promising manager and let him build his own team over a couple seasons, setting the club up for long-term success.

Wouldn't probably been even better off keeping Ancelotti