The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Incidentally, scheduling a midweek league game at 18:30 is to p*ss at the mouth of Sporting fans. But the CL (and the tellies) reign supreme.

Wasn't it at 19:30?

18:30 local time. Everybody's at work.

For some reason I thought it had kicked off at 18:30 Spanish time, which would make about an hour gone in the game, despite knowing full well it finished ages ago.  :idiot2:

Work at 18.30 :yao:

What a backward country

They get two hours off in the afternoon, I believe.

Just delaying the end of your work day. I'd hate that. Get it all over and done with. The earlier you start in the morning the better.

What a backward country

Just delaying the end of your work day. I'd hate that. Get it all over and done with. The earlier you start in the morning the better.

That's where the wrong timezone comes into play. We have a late sunrise compared to other countries, so our workday starts later, and everything cascades down from there.

What a backward country

I'd hate it, too.

What a backward country

But you work for the archetypal shite company. Imagine if your life wasn't spent hating your workplace.

Sleep in. Off to work at 10. Few hours of emails. Off for a two/three hour lunch, get a bit of a buzz on. Back to work for about 3 hours, gan yem, get changed, off to dinner and to watch the match at 9pm. Bed by midnight.

What a backward country

Used to be, but most workplaces have done away with that and you just get one hour for lunch. Our typical work schedule:

10-14: Work

14-15: Lunch

15-19: Work

wey fuck that then

Incidentally when I was in Barcelona recently, there were plenty of fatcats getting shitfaced at 1pm (through 3) at the fine dining establishments I was attending.

Dirt cheap lunch specials at top of the line Spanish restaurants "the real MVP"

What a backward country

Would fucking love a kip during work hours, me. Those sleep pads they have at the Google offices are the future.

What a backward country

But you work for the archetypal shite company. Imagine if your life wasn't spent hating your workplace.

Sleep in. Off to work at 10. Few hours of emails. Off for a two/three hour lunch, get a bit of a buzz on. Back to work for about 3 hours, gan yem, get changed, off to dinner and to watch the match at 9pm. Bed by midnight.

:lol: I quite like my job. You are treated well and the work I do at the minute is challenging and fun. I do see your point though.

If we moved back to GMT, we'd have:

9-13: Work

13-14: Lunch

14-18: Work

Which starts being reasonable.

Why 9 hour work day? usually it's 9-5 here including an hour's lunch.

I think most countries are an 8 hour work day, not including lunch, and you do what the fuck you want for lunch. Rather than being forced into a minimum 1hr lunch, thus prolonging your day.